Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

ONTARIO - Fido now advertising Home Internet 50% off for 12 months (Must have Data, Talk & Text plan)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2021 11:01 am
May 9, 2008
674 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
used live chat...was only able to get a $25 credit for 12months. Glad to have got something.
Jan 8, 2007
314 posts
109 upvotes
nihulen wrote: tbooth at CenterPoint and promenade mall, I refer a few friends and they all get $150

they also deal with Virgin Internet but I'm not sure how much credit you will get
Yes, there is $150 store credit(you pay tax for accessories purchase only using the credit given and it must be the same day and you can switch to different accessories if they are not open used) at TBooth Promenade mall if you port-in a least one mobile number with them. They have good choice of accessories.

Ended up I got my spouse's Freedom ported to Fido for 40$/mons 12GB 15 month also a 20$/month talk&text 24 mons unlimited plan with 100 extra store credit on top of the 150 (but cannot combined to exchange for items over 150 at original price). Both number has no contract, free to go anytime.

For Fido Cable internet, 42.50+tax/month for 150u service for 12 month. Modem/Router is the same Roger's Ignite Gigabit one but in White color and sealed in plastic wrap. I used a similar one when I was on Rogers for 75u.

Thanks nihulen for sharing this. TBooth is opposite door to Fido store in this Mall, I see the competition is there, seems TBooth has more incentive to give when getting people port-in to Fido.
Sr. in age but Jr. in deals
Nov 22, 2014
611 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
My existing promo expiring today...Fido 150mbps last Nov for $37.5 (50% promo)
Just renewed for $38.50 (50% promo) for another year via live chat
Not sure why $1 increase, but agent said he didn't typo.
Thanks OP, RFD is awesome!
Sep 13, 2008
422 posts
111 upvotes
redflagkiller wrote: My existing promo expiring today...Fido 150mbps last Nov for $37.5 (50% promo)
Just renewed for $38.50 (50% promo) for another year via live chat
Not sure why $1 increase, but agent said he didn't typo.
Thanks OP, RFD is awesome!
You'll be charged either $8 or $4 (50% off) for the modem rental on top of the $38.50. Your actual price increase will be $5, from $37.50 to $42.50, including modem. If you get charged the full $8 for the modem on your first bill, get back on the chat and have them apply the 50% to the modem rental too.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
nihulen wrote: tbooth at CenterPoint and promenade mall, I refer a few friends and they all get $150

they also deal with Virgin Internet but I'm not sure how much credit you will get
Do you get the $150 credit just for the 50% off internet, or you also need to have wireless with them?
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Nov 22, 2014
611 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
G0AT wrote: You'll be charged either $8 or $4 (50% off) for the modem rental on top of the $38.50. Your actual price increase will be $5, from $37.50 to $42.50, including modem. If you get charged the full $8 for the modem on your first bill, get back on the chat and have them apply the 50% to the modem rental too.
Thank you, that makes sense. I saved the chat transcript just in case
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
3000 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
boffo123 wrote: Fido reps are pretty scummy across the board. Mine was someone named Istiak “from PEI.” I had 75u for $65 - 50% = $32.50 that was expiring. He couldn’t (or wouldn’t) extend the deal, nor give me 50% off new $75 price. He instead offered $75 - $35 = $40. Considering that I had previously received automatic offer of $65 - $20 = $45 by email, I accepted the new offer. An hour later, email confirmation showed only $30 discount, i.e. $75 - $30 = $45.

I followed up with another rep (Sanchit, also “from PEI”) who refused to honour the $35 discount, despite him verifying that’s what was promised in the previous chat. Needless to say I scheduled a cancellation.

Congrats Fido, you just earned Virgin a new customer.
You had a horrible experience as a Fido customer. I had a horrible experience as a Virgin customer who was given Bell's number to call. The idiot kept trying to convince me to switch to Bell and that Virgin, being just a subsidiary, was inferior (his words). I basically told him in no uncertain terms that I was only interested in Internet and told him the price I got from Virgin. He just kept going on and on and wouldn't STFU and how he'll do everything to make me a Bell customer blah blah blah. In the end? He wants to charge me 225% more than Virgin and he's still going on about how great of a deal it was. I don't know what f*k*g idiots they hire at Bell but this shows me how these clowns will prey on ANYONE, purposefully trying to deceive, making you think you're getting the Virgin's price while switching to the "superior" Bell. It's A*h*e (yeah, he gets a capital A) like this that makes me realize NEVER go with Bell.

Sorry about the language, I get all worked up even just recalling all the BS he was spewing.
Aug 25, 2004
201 posts
70 upvotes
Britex wrote: You had a horrible experience as a Fido customer. I had a horrible experience as a Virgin customer who was given Bell's number to call. The idiot kept trying to convince me to switch to bell and that Virgin, being just a subsidiary, was inferior (his words). I basically told him in no uncertain terms that I was only interested in Internet and told him the price I got from Virgin. He just kept going on and on and wouldn't STFU and how he'll do everything to make me a Bell customer blah blah blah. In the end? He wants to charge me 225% more than Virgin and he's still going on about how great of a deal it was. I don't know what f*k*g idiots they hire at Bell but this shows me how these clowns will prey on ANYONE, purposefully trying to deceive, making you think you're getting the Virgin's price while switching to the "superior" Bell. It's A*h*e (yeah, he gets a capital A) like this that makes me realize NEVER go with Bell.
You’re right, of course. Scummy reps are not exclusive to Fido. By the same token, I probably shouldn’t have painted such a broad stroke condemning all Fido reps. It just happened to be true of the reps I dealt with. Luck of the draw, I guess.
Jan 8, 2007
314 posts
109 upvotes
BB88 wrote: Do you get the $150 credit just for the 50% off internet, or you also need to have wireless with them?
I was told the 150$ TBooth store credit is only for customer who is adding a line also. Please refer to my post #1002
Sr. in age but Jr. in deals
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
1551 posts
1799 upvotes
BB88 wrote: Do you get the $150 credit just for the 50% off internet, or you also need to have wireless with them?
well depend on the rep you deal with, some reps will be able to add in promo without the fido wireless
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10990 posts
13540 upvotes
Current Fido wireless and home internet client. I called several times to Fido to extend my $37.50/ mth 150/15 service. Each time I was offered $42.50/mth (50% off $85), a 13.3% increase. What's inflation at? /s

I put in my Fido cancellation on the weekend to end on my upcoming payment due date. Nov 27th, 2021 2:02 pm

A competitor installed their service yesterday. I missed a Rogers/Fido Winback call yesterday.

I called the Winback number today and had a quick friendly discussion with the Rogers/Fido agent. I made sure the agent was aware that I had already installed the competitors service. He agreed to extend my current $37.50/mth (50% off $75) for 12 months no contract at 150/15. He "did not have any information on a rate increase for the next 30 days." I have our Interaction ID should I need it.

GL to all.

Update
I just received the email confirmation and it is correct.

Update 2
Cloudflare speedtest attached
Images
  • Cloudflare speedtest.JPG
Last edited by MrMom on Dec 3rd, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
3000 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
It's funny that even winback experiences will differ. The Fido winback guy called me and basically offered to transfer me from Virgin for more money. Like what?! They obviously take us for idiots. What a waste of time but at least my mind is at ease that I made the right decision to leave Fido.
Oct 20, 2012
472 posts
157 upvotes
What is about the competitor who just installed for you?
You call them to cancel right away?
MrMom wrote: Current Fido wireless and home internet client. I called several times to Fido to extend my $37.50/ mth 150/15 service. Each time I was offered $42.50/mth (50% off $85), a 13.3% increase. What's inflation at? /s

I put in my Fido cancellation on the weekend to end on my upcoming payment due date. Nov 27th, 2021 2:02 pm

A competitor installed their service yesterday. I missed a Rogers/Fido Winback call yesterday.

I called the Winback number today and had a quick friendly discussion with the Rogers/Fido agent. I made sure the agent was aware that I had already installed the competitors service. He agreed to extend my current $37.50/mth (50% off $75) for 12 months no contract at 150/15. He "did not have any information on a rate increase for the next 30 days." I have our Interaction ID should I need it.

GL to all.

Update
I just received the email confirmation and it is correct.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10990 posts
13540 upvotes
• Wait to receive the provider agreement. I received mine in 15 minutes.
• Make sure the agreement is actually correct as you know it.
• For Rogers internet, when there is a service change, such as a renewal, there is an actual momentary physical reset pushed through their system. What I have experienced on many occasions is a temporary loss of service as it "reboots" with the new service change. This blip is almost imperceivable, but easily noticed if you are on a desktop as the loss of data will cut you off a vpn or streaming service.
• You can cancel after receiving the agreement, but I waited for all three events to occur before canceling the other providers service.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Mar 4, 2006
423 posts
237 upvotes
Ottawa
I just called and got the $42.50 offer right away. Sure,
It’s up from the $37.50 I paid this past year but it’s still a small difference and a much better price than any other reliable provider.

Fido has been nearly flawless over the past year and the wife works from home full time so I happily took the offer.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10990 posts
13540 upvotes
@Callister see my post Dec 3rd, 2021 11:19 am

Sometimes you have to play hardball with them.
Banned
Jan 24, 2007
179 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
I called Fido for a completely different reason and was offered $42.50+tax for 12 months.

P.S. They have a glitch in the system and you may see a message saying "You have a past due balance that is subject to daily interest charges."
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10922 posts
5458 upvotes
Toronto
Tried in livechat, they said the 50%-off promo only available for new customers. I'll try calling I guess
Mar 2, 2005
99 posts
36 upvotes
Mississauga
That's not true. Current customer can get it. Suggest to try again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)