• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2020 8:38 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2007
1105 posts
383 upvotes

[Fido] Pixel 3 XL - $240 with Fido Payment Program

The phone is paid off via $9.99 monthly payments for 24 months, which equates to roughly $240.

Admittedly the discount is given through monthly credits, so if you leave before 24 months you will be dinged with the remainder of the full retail price. Still, if you stick with Fido for those 24 months, $240 is a pretty decent price. Only caveat is that the phone will probably stop receiving security updates December 2021,
26 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5714 posts
4479 upvotes
Calgary
TheHeeyyy wrote: The phone is paid off via $9.99 monthly payments for 24 months, which equates to roughly $240.

Admittedly the discount is given through monthly credits, so if you leave before 24 months you will be dinged with the remainder of the full retail price. Still, if you stick with Fido for those 24 months, $240 is a pretty decent price. Only caveat is that the phone will probably stop receiving security updates December 2021,
Can you add this device to a tablet plan?
Sep 20, 2007
819 posts
279 upvotes
GVRD
It is older generation but it's pretty good deal at $240 (if you have decent plan with Fido right now). Another bonus is that you will get free full size photo backup/upload to Google Photo til 2022. I got my Pixel 3 XL (pre-owned) during last Fido deal with free Huawei tablet (which I sold off).
Sep 20, 2007
819 posts
279 upvotes
GVRD
SammyDavis wrote: Can you add this device to a tablet plan?
I believe you need to get Fido phone line to get a phone. The tablet plan only supports tablet devices.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7137 posts
465 upvotes
shutterleaf1122 wrote: what is the minimum plan price and can i add this to my byop plan?
I just did. I am on a older $65/15GB BYOD plan, and I managed to add this onto it.

Thanks OP, this was a better option for me than my corporate plan
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1730 posts
972 upvotes
Kitchener
CFRTim wrote: I just did. I am on a older $65/15GB BYOD plan, and I managed to add this onto it.

Nice, just to confirm that you were able to keep your BYOD plan, it did not force you to change plan.

Edit: tried to get help regarding the error I posted and was told: "I want to let you know that this device is not longer available however there has been some delays in updating this info at fido.ca for this device." by chat agent.
Last edited by keyser-soze on May 20th, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1730 posts
972 upvotes
Kitchener
TheHeeyyy wrote: The phone is paid off via $9.99 monthly payments for 24 months, which equates to roughly $240.

Price jumps from 52.91 to 59.79 on the review page before checking out. Making phone $16.87 a month instead. Tried 2 browsers, same outcome.

Screen shots - https://imgur.com/gallery/aA4sbE7

Edit: tried to get help regarding this error and was told: "I want to let you know that this device is not longer available however there has been some delays in updating this info at fido.ca for this device." by chat agent.

Same old fido - there was a huge fiasco a while back where they had a phone for a good price on their site and kept taking orders even though it was sold out. So many ppl got SIM cards for a new plan they signed up for. Only to be told, oh yeah the phone you wanted is OOO, sorry about that, but hey thanks for signing up, letting us do a credit check, and start billing you for service, cause you have the SIM.

Old thread: fido-ca-pixel-2-brand-new-128-gb-240-tax-2303202/70/
Jan 14, 2017
204 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
This doesn't work with the $50/15gb BYOD plan.
Dec 26, 2018
52 posts
7 upvotes
CFRTim wrote: I just did. I am on a older $65/15GB BYOD plan, and I managed to add this onto it.

How? Didn't Fido just switched to the new finance plans and got rid of the feature where you could just upgrade your line? I am curious since I want to upgrade my 40/5gb line but some other thread said u needed new plans
May 30, 2017
377 posts
165 upvotes
Could I sign up for a monthly plan and then cancel it and just pay the $9.99 monthly payments ?
Mar 24, 2018
60 posts
82 upvotes
Hard pass. I was the biggest Pixel fanboy until this phone came out. Can't even make phone calls properly (the other end hears static or nothing at all). Buyer beware.
Sep 20, 2007
819 posts
279 upvotes
GVRD
arcty5 wrote: Could I sign up for a monthly plan and then cancel it and just pay the $9.99 monthly payments ?
No. When you port out or close the line, you need to pay off the remaining device/financing balance.
Jan 28, 2015
187 posts
559 upvotes
Montreal
keyser-soze wrote: Price jumps from 52.91 to 59.79 on the review page before checking out. Making phone $16.87 a month instead. Tried 2 browsers, same outcome.

Screen shots - https://imgur.com/gallery/aA4sbE7

Edit: tried to get help regarding this error and was told: "I want to let you know that this device is not longer available however there has been some delays in updating this info at fido.ca for this device." by chat agent.

Same old fido - there was a huge fiasco a while back where they had a phone for a good price on their site and kept taking orders even though it was sold out. So many ppl got SIM cards for a new plan they signed up for. Only to be told, oh yeah the phone you wanted is OOO, sorry about that, but hey thanks for signing up, letting us do a credit check, and start billing you for service, cause you have the SIM.

Old thread: fido-ca-pixel-2-brand-new-128-gb-240-tax-2303202/70/
Had the same problem with that Pixel 2 XL back in November.

But for this deal, I just called in. Rep told me to push the order through and they'll honor the $10/month price on their end with a confirmation number, and I keep my current 2gb plan at $28/month.

Worst case, I just return the phone if they don't honor price, or they're out of stock, right?