Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Pixel XL 3 64GB and 128GB certified pre-owned for ~7.50 a month

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2020 10:40 am
Nov 16, 2016
71 posts
155 upvotes

[Fido] Pixel XL 3 64GB and 128GB certified pre-owned for ~7.50 a month

I check regularly for new deals on Fido phones cause my Pixel XL 2 is getting a little worse for wear.

I saw this this morning and thought it was pretty hot.

A certified pre-owned Pixel XL 3 (only black version) is only about $7.50 a month on a 2 year plan. so roughly $180 over the course of the contract. Oddly enough the 128 GB version is cheaper than the 64GB version by a few cents per month. I also switched to the 5GB $50 plan. So after taxes and what not in Alberta it's around $60 a month. Not too Shabby!

Bestbuy has refurbished XL 3s for around $660 so this is a pretty good deal!
56 replies
Nov 8, 2004
267 posts
98 upvotes
I've never bought a pre-owned phone. Can anyone comment on their experience? Would this phone have likely been used for a year and half already? Thoughts on battery life? THANKS!
71 posts
155 upvotes
Rforce1 wrote: I've never bought a pre-owned phone. Can anyone comment on their experience? Would this phone have likely been used for a year and half already? Thoughts on battery life? THANKS!
for what it's worth here is what Fido says

"Amazing savings when you choose a Like New devices online
All our Like-New devices are tested by qualified technicians
Backed by a 15-day return policy and warranty (between 6-12 months) for your peace of mind"

My guess is that these were returned during the trial period for some of their customers, and they were sitting in their warehouse until now. I don't think they would claim a device that is used for a year or more as like-new, but that's just my guess. I'll try to update everyone if the deal is still active when I get my device.
Nov 16, 2016
71 posts
155 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: The full price listed on the site is crazy.
I agree, which is why I used the Bestbuy price as a comparison instead
Aug 15, 2017
146 posts
54 upvotes
Ontario
I currently have a pretty good loyalty plan with Fido, would I need to switch plans to get this or does it just add on to my existing plans cost?
Nov 8, 2004
267 posts
98 upvotes
Android and Security updates show guaranteed up to Oct 2021.
Pixel Android Support
1562 posts
1010 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
I was interested in the deal but as soon as i saw that the voicemail included had only 3 messages, i felt fleeced already. And i can get a better deal with Fizz at 37$ a month and data can be easily shared between accounts.
Last edited by RougeJeff on Jun 3rd, 2020 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 17, 2007
219 posts
424 upvotes
Toronto
Hopefully this ships. Didn't get the last deal from Fido for the 3xl. Went with add a line deal, extra 2 gigs and 5 bucks off for 2 years. 52.50 a month for 7 gigs and the 128gb phone.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3363 posts
3732 upvotes
Toronto
Any way to get this with a data-only plan?
Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer
May 1, 2019
775 posts
3418 upvotes
Smithers, BC
Rforce1 wrote: I've never bought a pre-owned phone. Can anyone comment on their experience? Would this phone have likely been used for a year and half already? Thoughts on battery life? THANKS!
I think for what you get, it's hard to get a better deal, especially for a flagship smartphone (even if a generation or two behind). This is a good deal. My most recent phone is a Fido CPO phone. My first experience wasn't so good--I had to send my CPO ixel 3XL back because of mic issues. Scored a deal on the plan, so I didn't want to return outright, but they didn't have a CPO Pixel to exchange--until I hassled them on Live Chat. Ended up getting a 128 GB Pixel 3 (the 3XL was 64GB).

The Pixel 3 is what I'm currently rocking, and my wife now has one as well. Both are fine, no issues, and came without blemishes. Don't expect accessories aside from charger, though my wife's did come with Micro-USB to USB-C dongle to transfer her stuff over, and headphones. Neither of my units (the returned 3XL or exchanged 3) came with accessories. So, you may get lucky there?

Overall, I'm happy.
May 1, 2019
775 posts
3418 upvotes
Smithers, BC
Rforce1 wrote: Would this phone have likely been used for a year and half already? Thoughts on battery life? THANKS!
Battery life is good. The 3 CPO units I've seen have come without a single blemish on them, looking very closely, so it's hard to believe they're used very long.
May 7, 2017
45 posts
307 upvotes
Thanks OP. I also noticed the 128 GB version costs lesser than the 64 GB. Might pull the trigger this time.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2007
1079 posts
541 upvotes
GVRD
I got my Pre-owned Pixel 3 XL from last Fido sale and it came in mint condition. It also came with all original accessories including USB-C headset. I'm very happy with my purchase. As others stated, you will need to stay with Fido for next 2 years, otherwise you'd have to pay their device balance which is quite high.
Jan 30, 2010
450 posts
468 upvotes
Mississauga
I can't see this phone when I attempt to upgrade. It only shows the Pixel 3a XL.
The phone shows up when logged out though.

Has anyone done a hardware upgrade to the Pixel 3 XL?
Nov 8, 2004
267 posts
98 upvotes
Deal Dead? Only see the 3A XL pre-owned for $9.99 a month. RFD effect?
450 posts
468 upvotes
Mississauga
Rforce1 wrote: Deal Dead? Only see the 3A XL pre-owned for $9.99 a month. RFD effect?
Only works for new lines (for me anyway)
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
around the same pricepoint overall vs prepaid if i accounted for all the factors?

public mobile: $25*24mos (1gb) + $350 ebay used pixel 3xl = ~$950
fido plan: ($7.45 + $45, 1gb)*24mos = ~$1258 (installment)

anything else? would it be cheaper then if i just buy off ebay used?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
All I get on Fido's site is a stupid bouncing ball... Have tried in chrome and firefox but the site will not load...
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2019
1331 posts
1536 upvotes
Rforce1 wrote: Deal Dead? Only see the 3A XL pre-owned for $9.99 a month. RFD effect?
I see a few listed on the site, one for 9.99 and one for 7.45.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)