Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Pixel XL 3 64GB and 128GB certified pre-owned for ~7.50 a month

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2020 10:40 am
Nov 8, 2004
218 posts
53 upvotes
Deal Dead? Only see the 3A XL pre-owned for $9.99 a month. RFD effect?
317 posts
256 upvotes
Mississauga
Rforce1 wrote: Deal Dead? Only see the 3A XL pre-owned for $9.99 a month. RFD effect?
Only works for new lines (for me anyway)
May 2, 2017
830 posts
1484 upvotes
around the same pricepoint overall vs prepaid if i accounted for all the factors?

public mobile: $25*24mos (1gb) + $350 ebay used pixel 3xl = ~$950
fido plan: ($7.45 + $45, 1gb)*24mos = ~$1258 (installment)

anything else? would it be cheaper then if i just buy off ebay used?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3930 posts
3479 upvotes
The NORTH
All I get on Fido's site is a stupid bouncing ball... Have tried in chrome and firefox but the site will not load...
Jan 4, 2019
458 posts
465 upvotes
Rforce1 wrote: Deal Dead? Only see the 3A XL pre-owned for $9.99 a month. RFD effect?
I see a few listed on the site, one for 9.99 and one for 7.45.
Aug 31, 2006
557 posts
354 upvotes
Calgary
Had to call in to get the deal. Had a BYOP plan though so switched to a targeted plan with more data. Figured it was still worth it to me, $400ish more over 24 months.
Dec 25, 2019
3 posts
10 upvotes
did live chat with the fido rep, they said it didn't show on the page because there is a back log of phones they said that they can manually add it to my existing account using my BYOD plan . it will take a couple of weeks to ship. Just need to do live chat with rep to add phone on existing plans
Sep 11, 2011
619 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
I’m guessing it’s not possible to get this phone while on BYOP? I have a few lines on BYOP but would rather keep that plan (the $50/15GB winback).

Thanks in advance.
Sep 4, 2015
267 posts
229 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Wouldn't be surprised if these were returned due to the dropped calls issue this phone had in places of low reception. I'd jump on this if I didn't live in the country as my 3 had issues.

Note 8 CPO is what I'm rocking and it came mint in a different box.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1228 posts
3251 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I know this is one generation newer than mine, but my Pixel 2 XL has been a nightmare. Returned for warranty 8 times in almost two years. I think if you get a good one off the bat, you are fine. If you need to use warranty I think you get stuck in the cycle of getting phones other people had issues with that were never identified or fixed by the repair company Alphabet contracts in Canada.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1010 posts
1659 upvotes
Alberta
Good lord.. "Full Price" $1,143... for a returned phone.

That translates to ECF of 1143/24 = $47.62 for each month remaining in the 24-mo term, on early cancellation or upgrade.

--
Fido Payment Program: 0% APR on approved credit with a Fido Payment Program Agreement (FPPA) and an eligible Fido mobile plan. FPPA based on full price less any down payment plus taxes (excluding promo credits, if applicable, which are applied monthly on your bill for as long as your FPPA is in place). Any down payment plus taxes is due in full upon purchase. If your FPPA is terminated or your mobile plan is cancelled, the outstanding Fido Payment Program balance becomes due and the promo credit (if applicable) will end.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2274 posts
765 upvotes
Buying a used android phone is the best way to save money on a phone, because their prices fall like rocks but they still work well. This is like buying a used phone, only better, because it's not really used, and it's not from a randomer, it has a guarantee, and it's cheaper than used.
Oct 19, 2015
928 posts
1336 upvotes
Vancouver
3XL has a tray for a physical sim and you can also use eSim, but you have to use one at a time, can't use them together (receiving calls from both numbers, or using one for voice, the other for data, for example)
Nov 8, 2004
218 posts
53 upvotes
Called in and managed to get the deal. For some reason it only shows up for a new customer or new line, not the existing. Rep said there's a slight chance order may not go through and I'd get a call if that was the case. Good Deal if it it works. I also finally got around to adding Fido's version of a port lock to my line. It means that any scammer trying to port away your phone number will have to go through the extra step of calling Fido to get authorization (as opposed to automatic porting). Not fool proof, but at least one extra step to making it harder to steal your account.

Thanks again OP. Decent deal.
317 posts
256 upvotes
Mississauga
The rep on their online chat is not letting me order the phone. He's saying it's discontinued and out of stock. Even after telling him to process it (with the chance it won't go through), he still won't do it.

Anyone else able to get this?