Shopping Discussion

Fido - a poster child of poor customer service!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2020 2:37 am
[OP]
Jan 21, 2012
157 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto

Fido - a poster child of poor customer service!

Fido's customer service culture is so poor, there is no comparision!

1. My home Internet has been slow for days, my plan is 75mbps, I have been getting 20mbps. I call the customer service. They do some tests and recommend I get a new modem. They give me the phone number of the closest Fido store that will have modems. I try calling the store on a Friday evening between 5 and 6pm, no answser. I call them next day after 9.30am, 4 times and I get no answer. 

2. Finally, I disconnect my modem, drive 7km to the store and find that the store is open. There is not a single customer, and 3 staff members yapping away. I ask one of them why they are not answering my calls and she tells me that their phones are kept on silent. I couldn't beleive my ears and I again call their number and while I can hear the ringtone in my phone, nothing is ringing in the store. She was right, the store phone was kept on silent. Is this a business or a charitable organization?

3. Then I told them that I wanted to speak with the store manager. The staff goes in the back and bring the manager. The manager tells me with a straight face that their phone line has been having issues. 

4. And finally, the manager tells me that there is no modem available and I will have to come back on Monday. He adds that their call center has no idea about the inventory of their stores. I demanded that they have the modem delivered  at my house for all the trouble, and he tells me that is not possible. 

How pathateic customer service is this and at so many levels?  It is no wonder Canadian telecome companies are called white elephants protected from competition by the governement.  What a disgrace!
5 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1193 upvotes
Montreal
but they have cute little dogs in their marketing!!

but yeah seriously just move on to like Teksavvy, they actually do things to oppose the telcos.
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4394 upvotes
Congratulations, you just figured out that Fido is just Rogers under a different name?
Banned
Dec 28, 2019
1021 posts
649 upvotes
You live in a rural area?

There is usually more than one Fido store in town.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36399 posts
9629 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Sgtalpowell wrote: You live in a rural area?

There is usually more than one Fido store in town.
His profile says Toronto.

He drove 7 kilometres. I don't call that a hardship.

Fido is the discount brand. What do you expect? He probably ended up at a corporate store where employees are being paid minimum wage and don't care. They only make money activating new lines. No one makes money swapping out modems.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5889 posts
2135 upvotes
Space
In fairness to Rogers, they do deliver gateways right to your door ( mailed ).
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: Congratulations, you just figured out that Fido is just Rogers under a different name?