Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] Fido - Retention Plans

Apr 6, 2018
10 posts
ported to freedom at March 26, got call on 27th, but I ask them to call back after 6 coz working on important stuff at that moment, I didn't got any call from them since then. What should I do?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2508 posts
857 upvotes
WaterlWarri0r wrote:
Apr 5th, 2018 3:28 pm
Just joined RFD to post about a BYOP plan that works if you still have the grandfathered ($30) 6GB add-on.

Fido is currently offering a $25 BYOP loyalty voice-only plan that can be stacked with grandfathered data add-ons.

So currently my plan is $55 a month for 6GB data on a month to month basis. I was shocked (and I think the rep was too) that my old data add-on was still compatible with new voice plans.

Knew I held on to my 6GB for a reason!
Where did you get this info from? Last time someone posted about something like this, I phoned in and was told there was no such plan.
Jun 19, 2013
1 posts
Vaughan
SizzleChest wrote:
Apr 7th, 2018 12:11 pm
Where did you get this info from? Last time someone posted about something like this, I phoned in and was told there was no such plan.
Hey, I got this plan too after I saw the post. I went through the livechat and asked them to change me to this plan (I said $25/mth loyalty BYOP plan). They asked me where I found out about it and I just said my friend called in and they told him about this plan. After that, they just switched me over no questions asked.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2508 posts
857 upvotes
jl7421 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2018 2:02 pm
Hey, I got this plan too after I saw the post. I went through the livechat and asked them to change me to this plan (I said $25/mth loyalty BYOP plan). They asked me where I found out about it and I just said my friend called in and they told him about this plan. After that, they just switched me over no questions asked.
Worked for me too. Didn't ask where I heard about it though. Easy peasy. Thanks.
Dec 20, 2009
414 posts
423 upvotes
Vancouver
Got the winback call and switched back to Fido. They said the $80 extra large plan was increased to $85 tho so I have to pay 63.75/month after 25% off for 2 years. Got S9+ free, 5GB, pulse etc. Process was relatively smooth. Wish I could have combined the trade in offer tho.
Jul 23, 2008
886 posts
281 upvotes
sansera wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 7:36 pm
Got the winback call and switched back to Fido. They said the $80 extra large plan was increased to $85 tho so I have to pay 63.75/month after 25% off for 2 years. Got S9+ free, 5GB, pulse etc. Process was relatively smooth. Wish I could have combined the trade in offer tho.
Hello,
Who did you switch too from Fido?
Jul 12, 2013
236 posts
118 upvotes
I got $65 5gb iphone8+ $329 and 3 month free in BC after Calling and talking about porting to Bell's $65 1.5gb iPhone 8+ $329 with $200 credits. They match Bell price for me and offered me 3 months free. Not as well as winback plan but good enough for me.
Mar 22, 2018
5 posts
4 upvotes
Update: I ported out of fido after 7 years being with them to freedom (who actually have terrible service [customer service & cell service]) back on thursday. Got the call from fido marketing today and got an iphone X 64GB on the 10GB for $71.25/month+tax plan with zero extra fees= Me V.Happy ( I was on the fido 10gb for $60 plan prior, $270 more over the course of 2 years)

Everybody do it on a post paid plan, not pre paid plan.
Last edited by Trixxster on Apr 9th, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dec 11, 2003
463 posts
71 upvotes
London
Trixxster wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 8:59 pm
Update: I ported out of fido after 7 years being with them to freedom (who actually have terrible service [customer service & cell service]) back on thursday. Got the call from fido marketing today and got an iphone X 64GB on the 10GB for $75.25/month+tax pla with zero no extra fees= Me V.Happy ( I was on the fido 10gb for $60 plan prior)

Everybody do it!
Congrats! Is your monthly bill gonna be just $75.25 +tax, no tab on top? Went to Freedom turns out their iPhone X is on a $40 per month tab, on top of the monthly plan cost. That’s a lot! Did you get a phone from Freedom? TIA.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2406 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
WaterlWarri0r wrote:
Apr 5th, 2018 3:28 pm
Just joined RFD to post about a BYOP plan that works if you still have the grandfathered ($30) 6GB add-on.

Fido is currently offering a $25 BYOP loyalty voice-only plan that can be stacked with grandfathered data add-ons.

So currently my plan is $55 a month for 6GB data on a month to month basis. I was shocked (and I think the rep was too) that my old data add-on was still compatible with new voice plans.

Knew I held on to my 6GB for a reason!
Meh, 10gb for $60 is still better since it has pulse features. There's also the 50$ 6gb migration deal going on which is also pulse plan
Mar 22, 2018
5 posts
4 upvotes
frendzpz wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 9:05 pm
Thsnks for update.
For example if u trade ur phone .will they gI've 150$credit?
I didn't ask but It wouldn't hurt to ask if they call!
Mar 22, 2018
5 posts
4 upvotes
bonnieb wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 10:03 pm
Congrats! Is your monthly bill gonna be just $75.25 +tax, no tab on top? Went to Freedom turns out their iPhone X is on a $40 per month tab, on top of the monthly plan cost. That’s a lot! Did you get a phone from Freedom? TIA.
I got excited and made a typo! it's actually $71.25 a month + tax! Nothing on top of that
When I ported to freedom I did BYOP since my iphone 6s is still working mostly and I anticipated fido's marketing call to upgrade. Basically its the extra large tab and the agent said it was with a 25%ish discount for 2 years
Nov 19, 2009
544 posts
47 upvotes
Laval
Nearly impossible. No wait.. IT IS Impossible to get a decent deal in QC. I'm trying to port out of Fido to get a winback offer, but I dont want to risk not getting a deal. No one else really offers a better deal than $49/6gb a month.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)