Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] Fido - Retention Plans

Dec 14, 2018
1 posts
Hi there, a few years ago made a deal with an agent, (18663973436) but I do not remember the ext.
  Can anyone have an agent to whom I could turn. Thanks
Feb 25, 2005
567 posts
20 upvotes
FYI, If you have a good plan now, be very careful about switching plans as it is hard and a pain to get an old plan back. They will try to get you to switch to a plan that is offered currently on their website..

Just called Fido to get my old Fido plan back which is $45/month for 2GB plus 2GB bonus = $45/month with 4GB total with unlimited calling. They said they can't get this plan back anymore unless I get them to open a case and have back office people to take a look (no gaurantee of approval). I just signed up for their promo during Black Friday which is $55/month with 5 GB of data and S9 for $75 + HST. After getting the phone, I realize I like the S9+ more but too late to get it now as they prices for the phone went up by a lot.

So now I want to change back to my old Fido BYOD loyalty plan for $45/month with 4 GB of data. They said no, it is not possible.

So if anyone plans to sign up for a 2 yr contract to get a new phone, think carefully about the phone and the plan. It was a painful & annoying process to return the phone which took almost 2 weeks to get the label, get them to process & return the phone. Never want to go through this process again. Should have gone to the store to see all the phones first and then decide which ones I want exactly and then just stick with it.

In the end, I had to call back a few time and got an agent who offered to switch me to a $50/month plan with 4GB of data and 500 daytime minutes with $10/month credit for 12 months = $40/month +HST and have 4GB of data total. If I want 4GB with unlimited calling, it would cost me $45/month after the $10 credit.
Last edited by h2lam on Dec 15th, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 25, 2005
567 posts
20 upvotes
wwkk624 wrote:
Dec 14th, 2018 9:59 pm
Fido delivery is usually 1-2 days for me. Do you live in the city? That, or the weather is hitting UPS hard? If you ever have a problem returning a device, you can mention the CCTS which could help your case.
What is CCTS? I live in Markham, ON which is within GTA.
Jun 4, 2012
115 posts
31 upvotes
RICHMOND
h2lam wrote:
Dec 15th, 2018 6:08 pm
FYI, If you have a good plan now, be very careful about switching plans as it is hard and a pain to get an old plan back. They will try to get you to switch to a plan that is offered currently on their website..

Just called Fido to get my old Fido plan back which is $45/month for 2GB plus 2GB bonus = $45/month with 4GB total with unlimited calling. They said they can't get this plan back anymore unless I get them to open a case and have back office people to take a look (no gaurantee of approval). I just signed up for their promo during Black Friday which is $55/month with 5 GB of data and S9 for $75 + HST. After getting the phone, I realize I like the S9+ more but too late to get it now as they prices for the phone went up by a lot.

So now I want to change back to my old Fido BYOD loyalty plan for $45/month with 4 GB of data. They said no, it is not possible.

So if anyone plans to sign up for a 2 yr contract to get a new phone, think carefully about the phone and the plan. It was a painful & annoying process to return the phone which took almost 2 weeks to get the label, get them to process & return the phone. Never want to go through this process again. Should have gone to the store to see all the phones first and then decide which ones I want exactly and then just stick with it.

In the end, I had to call back a few time and got an agent who offered to switch me to a $50/month plan with 4GB of data and 500 daytime minutes with $10/month credit for 12 months = $40/month +HST and have 4GB of data total. If I want 4GB with unlimited calling, it would cost me $45/month after the $10 credit.
You could have exchanged the s9 for s9plus and payed the difference. The phone prices went up after I got the phone but I was only asked to pay the $140 difference. A nice representative actually gave me $100 credit to bring the price down. It was a hassle, having to ship back and wait for them to ship the phone again but it all worked out in the end.
Dec 16, 2018
1 posts
I switched from Fido to Virgin Mobile a little over 15 days ago.
Fido called me yesterday and offered me a free Samsung S9 and 8GB plan for 45$/month (25% discount).
Which is fantastic but I already ported out and now on a 2yr contract with Virgin Mobile. Would have definitely stayed with Fido and took that offer had they made it BEFORE I ported my number... so annoyed.

They said that I could have cancelled my contract with Virgin without fees if it hadn't been over 15 days ... Is that true? I find it hard to believe that you can get a phone, use it, and then be allowed to just cancel and return everything without paying any fees ...
Dec 14, 2018
4 posts
Toronto, ON
I had moved from Fido to Public Mobile a week back for $40 (4.5 GB plan). Today i got a call from Fido for the Winback offer

This is the offer they proposed.
$52 per month ($70 plan after 25% discounts) - 4 GB LTE + Unlimited Canada-wide calling + Unlimited International Text + 1000 minutes of International Calling to selected destinations. He said that i can get the Iphone XR 128 GB model for $189 downpayment ($689 - $500 credit)

Is it a good deal?
Thanks!
Jul 7, 2011
454 posts
178 upvotes
cdeepaks wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 9:45 pm
I had moved from Fido to Public Mobile a week back for $40 (4.5 GB plan). Today i got a call from Fido for the Winback offer

This is the offer they proposed.
$52 per month ($70 plan after 25% discounts) - 4 GB LTE + Unlimited Canada-wide calling + Unlimited International Text + 1000 minutes of International Calling to selected destinations. He said that i can get the Iphone XR 128 GB model for $189 downpayment ($689 - $500 credit)

Is it a good deal?
Thanks!
It’s decent, but only if the long distance is something you’d use. On Black Friday Fido retentions had extra discounts on their phones. While you can’t go back in time, Boxing Day will probably give you additional phone discounts, if you can i would wait for that. I was offered a free xr and 99$ for iPhone XS.
Oct 13, 2008
500 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
A family member signed a new 2 year contract with Fido in November, what is the penalty to cancel after say 1 month, only the outstanding device fee or is there a cancellation fee is incurred?

Is he on the hook for the entire device fee (original price) can they claw back the discount/credit offered? I asked him to contact Fido but I wanted to know so I can advice my cousin accordingly.
Oct 8, 2014
14 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond
jadoogar wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 10:51 am
A family member signed a new 2 year contract with Fido in November, what is the penalty to cancel after say 1 month, only the outstanding device fee or is there a cancellation fee is incurred?

Is he on the hook for the entire device fee (original price) can they claw back the discount/credit offered? I asked him to contact Fido but I wanted to know so I can advice my cousin accordingly.
If you cancel within 15 days theres no cost and you can return the phone as well. Now you would have to pay for the device, whatever the amount is on the tab and taxes. I don't think there are other costs associated with it.
Oct 13, 2008
500 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
KSid938 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 1:18 pm
If you cancel within 15 days theres no cost and you can return the phone as well. Now you would have to pay for the device, whatever the amount is on the tab and taxes. I don't think there are other costs associated with it.
It is more than a month since my cousin signed up with them. I thought there was a cancellation fee for canceling early maybe I was wrong.
Oct 8, 2014
14 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond
jadoogar wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 1:25 pm
It is more than a month since my cousin signed up with them. I thought there was a cancellation fee for canceling early maybe I was wrong.
Theres no actual fee, but the tab itself.
Dec 21, 2011
215 posts
62 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Called into Retetion to see if any deals to be had on Boxing Day.
Nothing to write home about.
At most I would get a $250 discount on a Apple Xs 256 for $499 cash upfront.
When you worked out my increase in monthly subscriptionsas opposed to BYOD, , the savings came to $250. Not enough to jump.

In the end I settled for,
15gig $100 - 25% for 2 years = $75 month.
Unlimited talk
Eh...nothing to get horny about,
I still have time to bail before my billing roll over in a month.
Current package at $60/10gig + $10/3gig = $70/13gig

Trade up for $5/2gig extra monthly on 24-month contract?
At times I can be a data pig.
As such, currently, I am forced to keep an extra line @ $60/10gig + $10/3gig = $70/13gig rather than be subjected to $30/3 gig add-ons.
With 26gig at $140 it's a little overkill right now.
Use the savings to buy a new phone.
Jul 13, 2015
174 posts
52 upvotes
Ontario
Picked up an S9 from Costco today- they were offering matching the new activation bonuses for upgrades, thus I was able to get $225 in Costco cash cards. I was also able to keep my plan (2GB for $50/month). Any chance I can get Fido to add some additional data?

Also, for those that have an S9, what is the best case/screen protector combination for this device? I currently have a defender on my iPhone SE, and would like to get one for the S9 however they do not come with a screen protector, and anything I've read about the tempered glass screen protectors so far has indicated that they are not very good. Any suggestions for screen protectors?

Thanks in advance.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12118 posts
1804 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
I saw Fido offering 10Gb for $65 at various kiosks. BYOD. The long line-ups are back. lol.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Jan 3, 2009
42 posts
8 upvotes
was just offered a $75 10 GB medium plan with a 64 GB iPhone XR for $549 (plus $75 bill credit towards the phone)...

I am currently on the $60 10GB BYOP plan (from BC)...take it or leave it?