Sep 4, 2014
111 posts
261 upvotes
Calgary, AB

$45 25gb + $300 bill credit per line [win back]

Retailer:
Fido & Rogers
Switch from FIDO to Telus 3 days ago.
Got a call from Fido's win back and was offered $45 for 25gb +$300 bill credit per line. No hassle.
It was initially offered as BYOP plans but I was advised that this plan can be kept for any financing/"upfront edge" phones as well.

Seems like a pretty good deal. I'm transferring over from Telus's $50/25gb epp. (activation fee hurts)
Thread Summary
While Fido and Rogers share the same network, (in July 2022,) 5G is available only on the Rogers network.

The Rogers plans are 'share everything', not 'infinite'. So Rogers plans don't have 5g either.
1476 replies
Sep 5, 2014
47 posts
100 upvotes
Somewhere over the r…
Maybe you should add "ymmv" in your title because "$45 for 25gb" is standard, but I am not sure that: "$300 bill credit per line" and "No hassle" are standard.

Also, I think there are existing threads for Fido/Rogers win-back deals.
Nov 21, 2016
300 posts
458 upvotes
abbotsford
Seijuro wrote: Maybe you should add "ymmv" in your title because "$45 for 25gb" is standard, but I am not sure that: "$300 bill credit per line" and "No hassle" are standard.

As someone who has neither been on Fido nor Rogers, is there some way I can get this $45 for 25gb plan, because I can't find anything for that price as a new customer looking for a phone line? Would I be able to just call in and negotiate and ask if Rogers is offering this? Or is it worth getting rogers for 1 month, then switching to telus, and then trying for a winback from rogers?
May 30, 2021
326 posts
399 upvotes
gyggyg wrote: As someone who has neither been on Fido nor Rogers, is there some way I can get this $45 for 25gb plan, because I can't find anything for that price as a new customer looking for a phone line? Would I be able to just call in and negotiate and ask if Rogers is offering this? Or is it worth getting rogers for 1 month, then switching to telus, and then trying for a winback from rogers?
You would need to be a former customer for these types of plans
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
2150 posts
911 upvotes
Toronto
rback085 wrote: Switch from FIDO to Telus 3 days ago.
Got a call from Fido's win back and was offered $45 for 25gb +$300 bill credit per line. No hassle.
It was initially offered as BYOP plans but I was advised that this plan can be kept for any financing/"upfront edge" phones as well.

Seems like a pretty good deal. I'm transferring over from Telus's $50/25gb epp. (activation fee hurts)
I'm a Fido customer, on a financing plan still. I can't jump ships right? Until I have dealt with paying off my phone?
Silly question I know, but just wanted to double check. Already paying $45/month ($30 = 9GB, $15 = phone for two years).
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Nov 3, 2009
172 posts
144 upvotes
toronto
I don’t get it - I switched from Rogers to TELUS for epp and haven’t gotten a call yet - anything I can do to get this deal?
Sep 11, 2018
85 posts
68 upvotes
Any insight into how long you would have to be transferred to the new carrier to get the winback call from rogers?
[OP]
Sep 4, 2014
111 posts
261 upvotes
Calgary, AB
DealsHunterCo wrote: I'm a Fido customer, on a financing plan still. I can't jump ships right? Until I have dealt with paying off my phone?
Silly question I know, but just wanted to double check. Already paying $45/month ($30 = 9GB, $15 = phone for two years).
I actually asked and clarified this because she sorta said that the "financing plan" was separate from the plans. And this $45 plans were NOT BYOP plans, rather a win back plans.
BUT, when I asked further, she did say no, the phone has a contract, therefore must stick with the plan that the phone is tied with until the duration runs its course.
I am not sure if you would be able to find a loophole with this piece of info, but hoping you will - I'll leave it here.
[OP]
Sep 4, 2014
111 posts
261 upvotes
Calgary, AB
runnersgambit wrote: I don’t get it - I switched from Rogers to TELUS for epp and haven’t gotten a call yet - anything I can do to get this deal?
I wish I had an answer for you but I don't.

As soon as I ported out, they started calling me the next day.
I asked for a call back number but was told no avail. She said that she will leave a note on my file with her employee ID and name so that when I call in and mention a win back plan, the person on the line will get in contact with her.
Then within a day or two, the win back team will reach me.
[OP]
Sep 4, 2014
111 posts
261 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Cartoonz wrote: Any insight into how long you would have to be transferred to the new carrier to get the winback call from rogers?
It took one day for me.
Ported out on Friday evening (near midnight).
They started calling as of Saturday during the day.

Hope this helps.
[OP]
Sep 4, 2014
111 posts
261 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Seijuro wrote: Maybe you should add "ymmv" in your title because "$45 for 25gb" is standard, but I am not sure that: "$300 bill credit per line" and "No hassle" are standard.

I was under the impression that they were standard because it was offered right off the bat. Didn't have to ask for it.
But when I kept pushing for better offers, they couldn't offer anything else.
Jun 2, 2020
420 posts
2008 upvotes
rback085 wrote: Switch from FIDO to Telus 3 days ago.

How did you get 25Gb/50$ from Telus? I can see only 15gb for 50$.
Currently with Rogers 20$ for 10gb with credit which is about to get over. Planning to switch.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2233 posts
434 upvotes
I’ve been trying to get winback to call me back for months
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1081 posts
512 upvotes
gyggyg wrote: As someone who has neither been on Fido nor Rogers, is there some way I can get this $45 for 25gb plan, because I can't find anything for that price as a new customer looking for a phone line? Would I be able to just call in and negotiate and ask if Rogers is offering this? Or is it worth getting rogers for 1 month, then switching to telus, and then trying for a winback from rogers?
Doubt you can get such good deal as new customer. But you can switch to Fido's market plan and eventually they will start offering decent loyalty plan, bonus data or even free tablet with data plan
Mar 13, 2021
164 posts
166 upvotes
texasbruce wrote: I clearly remembered CRTC banned contracts. Then they started to find loophole/decoration terms to go around it. Now they just blatantly call it contract again.
they did not ban contracts.
Wireless code of conduct had a few changes.
1) cancellation fees cannot be greater than device cost and should be prorated based on time left on contract
2) the penalty will have to be zero after 2 years ( irrespective of contract length)

since there is a push to reduce plan prices, they have decoupled the device price and plan price by offering device on installments. with Subsidy model, the device price was built into the cost of the plan.
Jan 3, 2008
391 posts
55 upvotes
Victoria
Is there a number these days to contact them directly? Numbers in past threads don't seem to work.
Feb 17, 2011
80 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
rback085 wrote: It took one day for me.
Ported out on Friday evening (near midnight).
They started calling as of Saturday during the day.

Hope this helps.
How long were you with Fido/Rogers before you switched?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19637 posts
6576 upvotes
Toronto
dealsvic wrote: Is there a number these days to contact them directly? Numbers in past threads don't seem to work.
1-888-Rogers1, then select the cancelling option. That takes you to a department that will work hard to try and keep you.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
May 24, 2016
292 posts
152 upvotes
Telus offered a 240.00 win back credit off the device.
If you get the 55.00 plan with 20GB. If I BYOD will telus offer me a win back credit if and when I decide to sign a contract and get a device? Or is the 240.00 credit now or never. Seems like it would be at any point in time if I went from monthly too contract?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5788 posts
3330 upvotes
From what I could gather, it was $45 for 25gb data and $100 bill credit if you switched and bring your own phone.

It was $300 if you took the contract for a phone.

Today it is just $300 if you sign up with contract for a phone. There is no longer the $100 bill credit if you bring your own phone.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

Kehlee, tigerpg