Hot Deals

Fido & Rogers

$45 25gb + $300 bill credit per line [win back]

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2021 11:19 am
Feb 21, 2017
152 posts
76 upvotes
stbrown22 wrote: I ended up calling 866-329-1173 and they had the $45/25gb flagged on my account, no device credits though
I’ll give them a try. I left a few years ago when the Boxing Day deal came for 6GB. I ported another line 4 weeks ago. 🤞🏼
Sep 13, 2012
77 posts
16 upvotes
Calgary
Left Rogers for Telus just over two years ago. Received called back from 7jax couple weeks ago and was offered the 25gb for $45, or 6gb for $35 BYOD plan with $100 bill credit and waive activation fee of $50. In addition, the agent also offered $300 device credit if I was to pick up a new phone (iPhone or Android).

Essentially, that works out to be $400 off a brand new device, including iPhone 13’s that just came out last month to go along with a reasonable price plan. Debating if I should take this promotion even though my current phone (iPhone Xs max) is working just fine. Can’t think of any other time you could get $400 off an iPhone even during Black Friday or Boxing Day sales.

Cheers all,
Dec 19, 2013
127 posts
34 upvotes
Called the Rogers winback number 866-329-1173 and was told they will pass along my info to the Fido team for a call back so hopefully I get a call soon. Not a big fan of bell's coverage
Sep 5, 2001
71 posts
1 upvote
If you didn't take the $300 device credit when porting back, is there any way to get it a couple weeks later when buying a new device?
Jun 18, 2013
357 posts
371 upvotes
Toronto
DealsHunterCo wrote: I'm a Fido customer, on a financing plan still. I can't jump ships right? Until I have dealt with paying off my phone?
Silly question I know, but just wanted to double check. Already paying $45/month ($30 = 9GB, $15 = phone for two years).
$30 for 9GB ain’t bad, I was on $45 for 8GB. Just switched to $50 for 20GB
Dec 26, 2008
311 posts
158 upvotes
Ottawa
Newkidandy wrote: Left Rogers for Telus just over two years ago. Received called back from 7jax couple weeks ago and was offered the 25gb for $45, or 6gb for $35 BYOD plan with $100 bill credit and waive activation fee of $50. In addition, the agent also offered $300 device credit if I was to pick up a new phone (iPhone or Android).

Essentially, that works out to be $400 off a brand new device, including iPhone 13’s that just came out last month to go along with a reasonable price plan. Debating if I should take this promotion even though my current phone (iPhone Xs max) is working just fine. Can’t think of any other time you could get $400 off an iPhone even during Black Friday or Boxing Day sales.

Cheers all,
that is a great deal, I got a call back a few months ago from some company on behalf of rogers and i was offered the same thing (plan and 100 bill credit) but I cannot remember if there is 300 off device as I still have 6 months at that time. I will jump to this deal if this is true.

Do you have the phone number for the company that called you?

Thanks,
Jul 3, 2019
15 posts
8 upvotes
stbrown22 wrote: I ended up calling 866-329-1173 and they had the $45/25gb flagged on my account, no device credits though
Thanks. Was able to get the plan without any device or credits, despite not having ever been with Rogers. So, looks like anyone can get the plan by calling in.
If something better comes up during Black Friday, I can easily switch to that
The plan is also eligible for device financing.
Mar 3, 2020
71 posts
22 upvotes
Got the call today - does anyone have any idea whether these plans will just be moved to 5G like they did after the initial LTE phase in?
Dec 19, 2013
127 posts
34 upvotes
NightRider_ wrote: Anyone have a direct number for fido WinBack.
I'd appreciate it too if anyone has it. I was told by the Rogers rep that the Fido number is not listed...whatever that means!
Mar 11, 2004
693 posts
32 upvotes
I'm currently with Bell and was with Rogers 3 years ago. I have 2 cell numbers that I want to switch back to Rogers. I called the 866-329-1173 number today. The rep asked me if I was called (I wasn't), however, I told him I was called several weeks ago but he told me he didn't see any notes about my being called. He offered me $80 for 30GB data as that was the offer that was available to me. I declined as my current deal with Bell is $65 per line with unlimited data (throttled at 10GB). I don't require unlimited data and 25GB would be more than enough for me. He was not able to offer me the $45 for 25GB plan. (I don't need new phones). I have been with Rogers for my internet and cable for 20 years. I guess they don't want my business for 2 cellphone lines! I don't know what I'm doing wrong...
Jul 5, 2010
474 posts
253 upvotes
I called the 866-329-1173 number and I was offered two lines for $45 a month each with 25GB LTE data each. Non shared

5G data was $65 a month for first line and $55 a month for 2nd line. so $60 a month for total for 50 GB shared. Not sure if there is a differentiation between 5G and LTE. I said NO as I am paying $91.66 a mont for two line for Bell each with 20GB for total of 40GB shared.
Nov 13, 2012
44 posts
72 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Moved to Telus $50 -20GB sharable data for 4 lines and $200 bill credit for each line (max of 3= $600). Fido winback called after 2 days and offered me $45-25GB not sharable data with $100 per line ($400) and insisting on I'm getting great offer and moved back. I said "no" the hassle of moving and waiting for the SIM and that's the obly thing you offer me. I also got $15 discount on my Telus Home Services because of my mobility account. She insisting to think about it very carefully and do some calculations and she will call me back on Monday 🤣.
May 29, 2017
987 posts
638 upvotes
Canada
Looks like this dealing is kicking rocks, votes are 33 up and 33 down.
Getting a Wyze V3 Indoor / Outdoor Camera? SEE my FAQ Answers❗ ➡ CLICK HERE TO SEE MY POST

Telus: $45/25GB Unlimited Data [Multi Line + $5/24Mnth Disc.]
Freedom: Everywhere $50 18GB+1GB [F&F + Digital Disc.]
Fonus: Unltd CA/US/MEX Data FREE/Month
Jun 27, 2018
1 posts
Newkidandy wrote: Left Rogers for Telus just over two years ago. Received called back from 7jax couple weeks ago and was offered the 25gb for $45, or 6gb for $35 BYOD plan with $100 bill credit and waive activation fee of $50. In addition, the agent also offered $300 device credit if I was to pick up a new phone (iPhone or Android).

Cheers all,
All these information is correct except 400$. if you get a new device we get 300$ else only 100$. I just ordered new iPhone for the same plan I was an old Rogers customer now switching to Rogers. It’s LTE not 5G. I am not particular to 5G as considering new phone I am saving significant so went with this plan.
Dec 25, 2010
482 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
I've been getting calls from a 437 number and decided to answer it today. Apparently it's Fido Winback. I used this back in 2018 to upgrade to an S9+ for free and got a good deal on data.

I moved to a Telus EPP in June 2020, but I've since left the company and may have problems once my contract is up next June.

I wasn't able to get the deal the guy was offering yet, but is this something to consider? I'm currently paying $63.75/20 GB and $14.17/month for the S20+. I also have my wife on the EPP, so I don't know if that'd affect her.
Aug 28, 2012
32 posts
15 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Just spoke to Rogers wingback. I’m on Telus EPP $50/20gb + infinite 3g. The offer is $45/25gb with $20/gb overage and NOT 5G capable. Furthermore, the roaming plan is $10/day in US and $14/day international while Telus is $9 and $13, respectively.

I decided to stick with Telus since half my lines have 5g capable phones and we do travel to the states (hopefully more when the border opens).
Dec 26, 2008
311 posts
158 upvotes
Ottawa
imadghani wrote: Just spoke to Rogers wingback. I’m on Telus EPP $50/20gb + infinite 3g. The offer is $45/25gb with $20/gb overage and NOT 5G capable. Furthermore, the roaming plan is $10/day in US and $14/day international while Telus is $9 and $13, respectively.

I decided to stick with Telus since half my lines have 5g capable phones and we do travel to the states (hopefully more when the border opens).
Any bill credit?

Thread Information

There are currently 10 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 5 guests)

Anshutz380, Pin137, clee488, oasis2020, clement71