Fido & Rogers

$45 25gb + $300 bill credit per line [win back]

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2024 3:01 pm
Nov 19, 2014
403 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto, ON
codemaker wrote: If you port to Telus (or any other provider), and port back to Fido within say a week, will Telus charge you for a full month or just charge you for a week?
Just a week (or whatever the amount of time you had with them)
Feb 15, 2010
702 posts
700 upvotes
Surrey
SoYoung24 wrote: I know its a little off-topic but I'm beginning to be real tired of all those "wingback" or "only for new activations" offers. What about the loyal costumers? I was with Telus for 10 years, quit for Rogers 5 years ago and never got a single Winback offers since probably because they don't care I'm with Rogers but they care if I was with Freedom mobile. At least Rogers give me 10+ extra GB without asking and they give me 2 years for free for sharing with my tablet with a old plan but my point is...the real good deals are only for people woh always switch companies and never rewards the long term consumers.
It's the same way companies treat their employees. You want the best raise? You need to switch companies. They're not as concerned about losing a revenue generating source as they are about acquiring/maintaining one.
Feb 13, 2016
866 posts
1163 upvotes
Freshto wrote: It's $67.50 all in

I'm on fence whether to take it but this seems like the cheapest deal on iphone 12 to own after 2 years
Did you end up getting this? What was the breakdown of the plan?
Apr 26, 2019
580 posts
748 upvotes
Does anyone know if you could port out to voip.ms while you wait for a Winback call? Seems like that would be a cheaper option.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
2722 posts
5383 upvotes
Winterpeg
GordonGartrelle wrote: Does anyone know if you could port out to voip.ms while you wait for a Winback call? Seems like that would be a cheaper option.
First, @IcedcoffeeBC Yes, port means transfer your number from one cell phone company to another. When the Winback offer comes, you have to port back the same number, you can't just ask for a new number.

Second, @GordonGartrelle You have to port to another cell phone company as in Telus, Bell, Freedom and so forth. VOIP isn't considered competition to them.
Telus EPP - $40 30GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk/Text - Incl. Apple Watch LTE
Public Mobile $34 50GB 5G Unlimited Talk/Text Canada/US
TextNow SIM X 2 Unlimited US CAN MEX Talk/Text in US FREE! 1 CAD 1 US.
Fongo $17.99 12 month texting
Dec 7, 2020
824 posts
864 upvotes
Can anyone confirm if you can get winback call porting from rogers epp?
Mar 31, 2008
834 posts
557 upvotes
Edmonton
scorpion85 wrote: Can anyone confirm if you can get winback call porting from rogers epp?
I did. Went from Koodo to Rogers EPP to Telus to Rogers winback. All started June 30 completed port yesterday. I made sure the activation fees were waived so I wasn’t out of pocket each time.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
3144 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
Has any one took the Winback promo but did not do the final porting process?

I was thinking of keeping the new line as is and have someone else use it
Jan 3, 2008
423 posts
61 upvotes
Victoria
Is there still no number to call the winback team?
Mar 4, 2016
249 posts
211 upvotes
Wondering if someone tried to port from Fido to Koodo or Virgin Mobile prepaid and still got winback offer? I'm hoping to do this closer to Black Friday as I still got a couple of hundreds left in device balance and plus there are better deals on phone financing.
Sep 8, 2008
309 posts
99 upvotes
T.O
Anyone here get a call back after leaving a message
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
2722 posts
5383 upvotes
Winterpeg
ah_long wrote: Has any one took the Winback promo but did not do the final porting process?

I was thinking of keeping the new line as is and have someone else use it
Once again, no. You have to port back the number you ported out.

@dealsvic try the number I posted here on page...... worth a try.
Telus EPP - $40 30GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk/Text - Incl. Apple Watch LTE
Dec 7, 2020
824 posts
864 upvotes
tsgee wrote: I did. Went from Koodo to Rogers EPP to Telus to Rogers winback. All started June 30 completed port yesterday. I made sure the activation fees were waived so I wasn’t out of pocket each time.
How old my epp plan has to be to make sure I get a winback call?
Mar 31, 2008
834 posts
557 upvotes
Edmonton
scorpion85 wrote: Can anyone confirm if you can get winback call porting from rogers epp?
tsgee wrote:
I did. Went from Koodo to Rogers EPP to Telus to Rogers winback. All started June 30 completed port yesterday. I made sure the activation fees were waived so I wasn’t out of pocket each time.
scorpion85 wrote: How old my epp plan has to be to make sure I get a winback call?
I wasn't on it for very long, I was with Rogers EPP maybe 2-3 weeks. It probably could have been less as I was ignoring calls that were coming from Ontario and BC that turned out to be from Koodo/Telus. Then maybe 2 weeks later after I moved back to Telus I got a call from Rogers.
Nov 22, 2017
307 posts
372 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Just a fun side note: I am located in BC and talked to Koodo as my contract is up and I am on the 35 6GB (1+5GB) plan to see what they could offer me if I tell them about Fido wanting me back. The best I got was $45 for 8GB (so basically useless to me as I don't ever go over my current 6GB) and 150 dollars off the Pixel 5. So make me pay $240 more for the contract over 2 years and give me back $150 of that in phone credit. Looks like I will be shopping for an unlocked Pixel 5 refurb once the Pixel 6 comes out. Maybe Xmas time will have something more interesting.
Mobile: $39.18/month 80GB/5G (Koodo) ($55/month - $13.95/month credit + $1.875/month activation fee - $3.75/month lower plan for last 9 months of term) & Pixel 8 for $240 ($10/month)
Internet: $77.90 - 1000/100 Mbps (Lightspeed)
Spotify: $20 USD/year
Jul 15, 2021
14 posts
1 upvote
That's nice. I was with Rogers EPP. Went to PM, then Koodo for a couple months and no call from Rogers. I was happy with Rogers and I feel like it's safer to have phone and internet with different providers. A couple months ago, when Telus internet was down; thanks to Rogers with my phone, I was still able to submit my assignment on time and reply to work emails.
Dec 7, 2020
824 posts
864 upvotes
tsgee wrote: I wasn't on it for very long, I was with Rogers EPP maybe 2-3 weeks. It probably could have been less as I was ignoring calls that were coming from Ontario and BC that turned out to be from Koodo/Telus. Then maybe 2 weeks later after I moved back to Telus I got a call from Rogers.
I ported from rogers epp after 9 days to telus epp. No winback call so far
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
2722 posts
5383 upvotes
Winterpeg
Update: The Rogers rep was "supposed" to call me back on Monday August 9 to see if I wanted to "Come Back" to Rogers. Once again, their customer service shows how shitty they really are and actually don't care nor value 25 year customers. No call back at all. I'm going to wait till the end of the month and if I don't hear anything, I'm going to send a letter to the president of Rogers and tell him how shitty Rogers has become.
Aug 13, 2018
34 posts
16 upvotes
KenAdams wrote: Update: The Rogers rep was "supposed" to call me back on Monday August 9 to see if I wanted to "Come Back" to Rogers. Once again, their customer service shows how shitty they really are and actually don't care nor value 25 year customers. No call back at all. I'm going to wait till the end of the month and if I don't hear anything, I'm going to send a letter to the president of Rogers and tell him how shitty Rogers has become.
Companies don't care about loyal customers anymore. They favour new customers over old customers.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1430 posts
2396 upvotes
richmond hill
KenAdams wrote: Update: The Rogers rep was "supposed" to call me back on Monday August 9 to see if I wanted to "Come Back" to Rogers. Once again, their customer service shows how shitty they really are and actually don't care nor value 25 year customers. No call back at all. I'm going to wait till the end of the month and if I don't hear anything, I'm going to send a letter to the president of Rogers and tell him how shitty Rogers has become.
Really don’t think they care. Sorry…

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)