Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Samsung galaxy note 10 plus 256GB black $629 total cost over 24 months

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2021 6:22 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 18, 2018
83 posts
161 upvotes

[Fido] Samsung galaxy note 10 plus 256GB black $629 total cost over 24 months

Originally 63.25 per month
After discount 18 $ per month
A financing contract is required
Still a decent phone in 2021.

Calculations: In 24 months, you will be paying $18X24 and tax of full device price $1518 (monthly). Approximately 629$ total.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by SibaSankarS66859 on Mar 6th, 2021 5:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
71 replies
Newbie
Sep 19, 2018
54 posts
20 upvotes
Winnipeg
Good Deal. I am looking for a new phone. But I am still in contract.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10360 posts
6833 upvotes
HOT Deal!
The "After discount 18 $ per month" is a lie (by Fido)...because the $45 is a billing credit back to you AFTER they charge HST/GST on the $63.25 device monthly payment. i.e. The device payment isn't $18 per month. They're still charging you the full $63.25 per month for the phone....but give you $45 billing credit afterward.

So you're paying $1518 (full price) + tax (assume 13%) - ($45 x 24 months) = $635.34

Take away the tax, that's a $562 phone, not bad. But it's definitely not $18 x 24. i.e. I care about that $130 ( + tax) difference.

Still a good price...but now that's a $130 + tax no longer in my pocket. So, Fido, stop lying to people that it's "$18 per month after bill credit"...because it's NOT.

p.s. Pardon me for letting off some steam...I got an earful when I mentioned $18 per month to my wife...an accountant.
Last edited by chatbox on Mar 7th, 2021 10:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Member
Jan 31, 2016
277 posts
137 upvotes
Arva, ON
FYI, it was $25/m last month.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1141 posts
896 upvotes
Airdrie
Decent deal for those that don't "need" the newest device every year.

The processing power, RAM, and storage on the note10+ is pretty comparable to the S20 ultra and even the S21. Except the S21 gets that new snapdragon 888 processor which is quite the beast.

I think I still have 12 months left on my note10+. Paying $36 a month through Telus EPP. I've always liked the s pen if for nothing more than photo editing.

Only complaint is the curved screen (enough already samsung). They make tempered glass screen protectors expensive and difficult to apply.
Newbie
Feb 24, 2020
68 posts
140 upvotes
Montreal
Really isn't $18, add $10 for device finance taxes per month, so more like $28 a month for this phone. Which is like paying
28x24=672 for a brand new device which is about certified pre owned $950 to brand new $1200 on Amazon. See picture for breakdown. Placed an order to see how it works just for RFD.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210304-215946.png
Jr. Member
Nov 6, 2015
141 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sweet deal! Picked one up. Kept my existing BYOP 45/month for 7gb plan. Ends up being 66 after tax and promo credits which isn't too bad
Last edited by deliciouscesar on Mar 6th, 2021 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 18, 2018
83 posts
161 upvotes
Guys, you had wrong calculations above. In 24 months, you will be paying 18X24 and tax of $1518. Approximately 629$.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 19, 2013
2009 posts
1345 upvotes
Ottawa
chatbox wrote: The "After discount 18 $ per month" is a lie (by Fido)...because the $45 is a billing credit back to you AFTER they charge HST/GST on the $63.25 device monthly payment. i.e. The device payment isn't $18 per month. They're still charging you the full $63.25 per month for the phone....but give you $45 billing credit afterward.

So you're paying $1518 (full price) + tax (assume 13%) - ($45 x 24 months) = $635.34

Take away the tax, that's a $562 phone, not bad. But it's definitely not $18 x 24. i.e. I care about that $130 ( + tax) difference.

Still a good price...but now that's a $130 + tax no longer in my pocket. So, Fido, stop lying to people that it's "$18 per month after bill credit"...because it's NOT.

p.s. Pardon me for letting off some steam...I got an earful when I mentioned $18 per month to my wife...an accountant.
How does Fido gain from doing that? Does the $45 credit comes fully out of their "pocket", $40 out of theirs and $5 taxes back or $45 out of theirs and they claim the taxes back from that $45 and they keep it for themselves?
Newbie
Oct 7, 2020
89 posts
145 upvotes
SibaSankarS66859 wrote: Originally 63.25 per month
After discount 18 $ per month
A financing contract is required
Still a decent phone in 2021.

Calculations: In 24 months, you will be paying $18X24 and tax of full device price $1518 (monthly). Approximately 629$.
ludwig3 wrote: FYI, it was $25/m last month.
I own this phone with Fido $45/25gb + $25/month after discount. Let me know if you have any questions
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5745 posts
1998 upvotes
Toronto
So how does this work, you have to set up a new plan 2 year contract? What's the minimum plan price? Or are people just switching their current plan to this and extending another 2 years contract (basically not costing extra in terms of phone plan, besides the $18 per month for the phone?)
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5745 posts
1998 upvotes
Toronto
Dollarr wrote: I own this phone with Fido $45/25gb + $25/month after discount. Let me know if you have any questions
Are you saying you pay $45 for 25gb (2 year contract)?? phone and data? and then $25/month for 2 years towards the phone? how is it so cheap
Newbie
Feb 24, 2020
68 posts
140 upvotes
Montreal
fightbriz wrote: So how does this work, you have to set up a new plan 2 year contract? What's the minimum plan price? Or are people just switching their current plan to this and extending another 2 years contract (basically not costing extra in terms of phone plan, besides the $18 per month for the phone?)
If you are in Quebec, you can keep your current plan, check for the other provinces. I was able to keep my plan with free data add-ons.
Sr. Member
Aug 24, 2016
501 posts
306 upvotes
For phones this is ancient. Almost 1.5 years old.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2013
2071 posts
2123 upvotes
Living the dream
Broskah wrote: For phones this is ancient. Almost 1.5 years old.
Yep.... I’m pretty sure this is the same tablet that I lent to Moses back in the day.
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do. I am the ultimate deal hunter, y'all just gatherers. I was the first openly black man to get a Costco membership.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14389 posts
4070 upvotes
Scarberia
Broskah wrote: For phones this is ancient. Almost 1.5 years old.
lol not ancient, just a lil outdated..i mean its still a beast of a phone just no eSim and not 120hz
ancient is like people stil using iphone 8s ,sammy s9s or lower as main phone!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Newbie
Oct 7, 2020
89 posts
145 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: Are you saying you pay $45 for 25gb (2 year contract)?? phone and data? and then $25/month for 2 years towards the phone? how is it so cheap
$45/25gb plans are usually win back plans offered by various koodo, fido etc. I think you have to have a plan with them for a year at least and switch to another, this triggers win back call. Anyways, I pay $45 for plan and $25 for phone

fido-bc-ab-fido-winback-45-25gb-5gb-bon ... #p33865229
Member
Feb 13, 2017
203 posts
184 upvotes
ON
Why does Fido charge taxes on price that I am not supposed to pay or I got a discount for?
Asking because Freedom does not charge me tax on their portion of the phone bill (e.g. I pay $25 for phone and only pay tax on $25, nothing more)
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2202 posts
1505 upvotes
chatbox wrote: The "After discount 18 $ per month" is a lie (by Fido)...because the $45 is a billing credit back to you AFTER they charge HST/GST on the $63.25 device monthly payment. i.e. The device payment isn't $18 per month. They're still charging you the full $63.25 per month for the phone....but give you $45 billing credit afterward.

So you're paying $1518 (full price) + tax (assume 13%) - ($45 x 24 months) = $635.34

Take away the tax, that's a $562 phone, not bad. But it's definitely not $18 x 24. i.e. I care about that $130 ( + tax) difference.

Still a good price...but now that's a $130 + tax no longer in my pocket. So, Fido, stop lying to people that it's "$18 per month after bill credit"...because it's NOT.

p.s. Pardon me for letting off some steam...I got an earful when I mentioned $18 per month to my wife...an accountant.
I believe your accountant wife has misunderstood the calculation of the amount. The credit on my bill gets deducted from the monthly plan and then gets taxed. You are just moving around the pre-tax amount. I pay more taxes on the phone and less taxes on the plan.

So maybe you can give her an earful now for missing previous good deals!

Top