Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Samsung S10 Plus $260 YMMV (HUP requires 2 year contract but you can keep your existing plan)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 10:58 pm
Jul 23, 2006
210 posts
95 upvotes
Vancouver
ChillbroSwaggins wrote: Unfortunately I don't see that option when I'm going through the process. It literally is forcing me to pick a new plan :/

Maybe I'll try calling the loyalty department and asking
I was gonna ask OP same question myself! I tried to HUP but it forces me to change into new plan which is far more expensive than what i'm currently on.
I could port over to freedom and hope for winback dept to call me back but I did that last year so I think im gonna just wait untill BD to see what other deals there will be.
Nov 6, 2015
128 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How did you keep your existing phone plan? I do not see that option for me.

I also have the same offer as others for the s10+ at 20/month
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1393 posts
464 upvotes
Winnipeg
Babbelfish wrote: So total for the s10+ phone 600$+ still too much Koodo had this for the past month or so now they don't even list s10/+
i had a offer for S10+ under my Koodo account with 120$ credit plus 125$ credit towards my existing phone, when i spoke with CSR and were asking to add more data to the plan, however he didn't buzz...very next day S10+ were removed from the site...I guess i should have pulled the trigger...well...
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2388 posts
153 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I got $15/month along with $100 bill Credit for the Samsung S10+

How are people getting a "larger" bill credit?

Actually, just went through the process and couldn't get a new phone unless I upgrade my plan and was offered $60 - 20 GB or $75 - 30 GB

Fido's telling my $50 - 15 GB is not "eligible" for upgrade even though I am on a BYOP currently Smiling Face With HornsSmiling Face With Horns
[OP]
Aug 13, 2015
318 posts
451 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
win-star wrote: I got $15/month along with $100 bill Credit for the Samsung S10+

How are people getting a "larger" bill credit?

Actually, just went through the process and couldn't get a new phone unless I upgrade my plan and was offered $60 - 20 GB or $75 - 30 GB

Fido's telling my $50 - 15 GB is not "eligible" for upgrade even though I am on a BYOP currently Smiling Face With HornsSmiling Face With Horns
I was able to get an extra $50 credit (on top of the $100 one) by calling CS (Fido Ambassador).
I also found out later on that these offers are targeted by "Loyalty", and each customer was assigned a different set of incentive prices.
I tried speaking to Winback, to see what my options would be if I were to port my 2nd line over to Fido. But in my experience calling multiple times (WB and Loyalty), it was clear to me that what WB can offer is different than what Loyalty can. Not just to who (existing vs past customers), but that they can't even review each other's offer. That is my experience.
Feb 21, 2007
819 posts
527 upvotes
seems like the $100 bill credit is gone?
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1963 posts
912 upvotes
If i plan to cancel in a month or so soon after getting the $100 credit , how much will be remaining amount i need to Pay?
Feb 21, 2007
819 posts
527 upvotes
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: If i plan to cancel in a month or so soon after getting the $100 credit , how much will be remaining amount i need to Pay?
You need to pay 1,575/24*23 = $1509, so don't do it.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1912 posts
826 upvotes
so one of my line is ready for a HUP, but the phones that are eligible for me are all refurbished. why is that?
Nov 6, 2015
128 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Do you know how long it generally takes to ship the phone? I had accepted a winback last week with the s10+ and it looks like Fido was out of stock since it wasn't showing up on their site anymore.

Still waiting on shipment of the phone.