Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Samsung S4, Google Nexus 5, Nokia Lumia 830 $0 on 2yr Smart Plan Ends Jan 5th

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2015 2:21 pm
Tags:
Aug 16, 2010
718 posts
729 upvotes
Sudbury
bogi093 wrote: Meh, really just looking to grab a phone I can flip and get something better with and these let me keep my $56 plan. I think the S4 can do - thanks OP, and thanks Fido for some miserable Christmas offerings.
If you are already a Fido customer, get the Galaxy S4 at $0 when you renew on a 2-year Tab24 Agreement on an in-market Max plan
The $56 plan is a smart plan so not eligible to get one of these by resigning a 2 year committment.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Haps13 wrote: The $56 plan is a smart plan so not eligible to get one of these by resigning a 2 year committment.
It is eligible during the Boxing Day event. :|

"$0 with 2-year Tab24 agreement on a Smart plan"
Aug 16, 2010
718 posts
729 upvotes
Sudbury
tk1000 wrote: It is eligible during the Boxing Day event. :|

"$0 with 2-year Tab24 agreement on a Smart plan"
For new activations
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2012
1091 posts
374 upvotes
Hamilton
Works for upgrades too... So everyone with smart plan even grandfathered can get phone for 0$ from fido... When it comes to getting a gift card from some other retailer that could be only for new activations
Aug 16, 2010
718 posts
729 upvotes
Sudbury
I'd love to be wrong but when I go look at offer details this is what I see:

[QUOTE]If you are already a Fido customer, get the Galaxy S4 at $0 when you renew on a 2-year Tab24 Agreement on an in-market Max plan (a one-time hardware upgrade administration fee of $25 applies). For more information, visit a Fido store, dial 611 from your Fido phone or call 1-888-481-3436 (FIDO).
Offer details
If you renew your Fido Agreement, your new Tab24 agreement will begin immediately. Price shown available with 2-year Tab24 Agreement on one of the following: (i) any in-market Max plan, (ii) any previously-offered Max plan with a monthly service fee of at least $60 per month, or (iii) any combination of a voice plan and an eligible Data Add-on (e.g. $10/100 MB and $25/2GB Add-ons excluded), both offered prior to August 8, 2012 and having a combined monthly service fee of at least $60 per month. Device savings recovery fees and/or service deactivation fee apply, see below for details. Taxes extra.[/QUOTE]

I'd be looking to take advantage of a free phone since I'm on the $56 plan and not likely to change. But that reads to me as smart plan for new activations. Max plan if your already a customer.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
doctorofstyle wrote: Lots of times there will be matching bill credits to match the NAC price. Not always but usually during the holidays and sales like black Friday
I just went to The Mobile Shop (Loblaw's), and confirmed:

$0 Galaxy S4 + free Samsung tablet on $56 Smart Plan RENEWAL.
$0 Nexus 5 + $100 bill credit on $56 Smart Plan RENEWAL.

They also had discounts on the iPhone 5c and 5s for I believe RENEWAL $56 Smart Plans, but the deals were not as good. The iPhone 5c was $100 and the 5s was $229 or something like that. No discount at all for the iPhone 6/6+ unless you switched to a Max Plan.

I didn't get any of the above. I'm going to go try Costco:
Chi-tel wrote: costco offer nexus 5 for $20 with 175 cash card ,2 yrs smart plan
I hear people getting renewals have not been getting the $175 cash card, but have gotten the Nexus 5 for $20 with a $25 cash card, and then $150 in bill credits. So, that's worth $55 more than the deal at The Mobile Shop, which interestingly is exactly the cost of a Costco membership, which I just so happen to need, since my membership has already expired.
Aug 16, 2010
718 posts
729 upvotes
Sudbury
EugW wrote: I just went to The Mobile Shop (Loblaw's), and confirmed:

$0 Galaxy S4 + free Samsung tablet on $56 Smart Plan RENEWAL.
$0 Nexus 5 + $150 bill credit on $56 Smart Plan RENEWAL.

They also had discounts on the iPhone 5c and 5s for I believe RENEWAL $56 Smart Plans, but the deals were not as good. The iPhone 5c was $100 and the 5s was $229 or something like that. No discount at all for the iPhone 6/6+ unless you switched to a Max Plan.

I didn't get any of the above. I'm going to go try Costco:

I hear people getting renewals have not been getting the $175 cash card, but have gotten the Nexus 5 for $20 with a $25 cash card, and then $150 in bill credits. So, that's worth $55 more than the deal at The Mobile Shop, which interestingly is exactly the cost of a Costco membership, which I just so happen to need, since my membership has already expired.
I will definately have to check it out. Doesn't look like anything better then the $56 plan is coming along so might as well renew(since they don't give a BYOD discount) and get something.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
Made a typo.

The Mobile Shop's Nexus 5 $0 renewal deal (with the $56 Smart Plan) is $100 in bill credits, not $150. $150 is from Costco (according to somebody else, but I will confirm the Costco numbers tomorrow). Sorry for the confusion - post has been corrected to reflect the $100 deal at The Mobile Shop.
Sep 2, 2005
910 posts
634 upvotes
Toronto
future shop is giving away Galaxy tab 4 with a galaxy s4 renewal during Boxing Day. this is valid for all new and renewals.

------------------------------

if I renewed my $39 smart plan for two years to get the nexus5 for $0, after two years am I still grandfathered back into my existing smart plan? Can Fido force me into a more expensive plan by not giving me my existing plan back?

I hate for Fido to give me a reason not let me keep my existing plan after a two year tab agreement.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
zaius wrote: future shop is giving away Galaxy tab 4 with a galaxy s4 renewal during Boxing Day. this is valid for all new and renewals.

------------------------------

if I renewed my $39 smart plan for two years to get the nexus5 for $0, after two years am I still grandfathered back into my existing smart plan? Can Fido force me into a more expensive plan by not giving me my existing plan back?

I hate for Fido to give me a reason not let me keep my existing plan after a two year tab agreement.
Renewing your existing grandfathered plan is fine. Having this contract won't require you to give it up in 2 years.
Sep 2, 2005
910 posts
634 upvotes
Toronto
EugW wrote: Renewing your existing grandfathered plan is fine. Having this contract won't require you to give it up in 2 years.
thanks EugW. you've put my heart/wallet at ease. now i'm just kicking myself for not waiting for the futureshop deal and getting the samsung s4 instead.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
Here is the deal I got from Wireless etc at Costco:

http://mobility.costco.ca/en/on/phones- ... 4-nexus-5/

Total up front cost $22.59. (HUP was waived after I called Fido.)
Nexus 5 for $19.99+tax = $22.59
Free $25 gift card
Free car charger: USB + microUSB
$150 Fido bill credit
Fido MicroSIM card (Had to ask for this)

This was on my $56 Smart Plan renewal.
The S4 would have been a $100 credit instead of the $150.

If I had been a new activation, instead off the $25 GC + $150 credit for the Nexus 5, it would have been a $175 GC.

The question now is if I sell the Nexus 5 for $150 to a store, or else for more on Kijiji.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
It's considerably less than what I might have gotten on Craigslist, but I sold the Nexus 5 BNIB for $200. With the $150 bill credit, that works out to $350, plus a free SIM card and a free car charger. That means over the 24-month contract it effectively equals about a $15 per month discount, which makes the $56 Smart Plan cost a little over $40 per month.

Once my wife's monthly discount off her $39 plan expires, perhaps we will do a similar deal with her account.
Nov 25, 2009
465 posts
147 upvotes
Duncan
My husband and I both have 2 year contracts ending in a couple months. We'd like to get new phones, and both have $45 MB exclusive smart plans (1GB, 600mins, etc). Never done a renewal before. Can anyone tell me whether or not we'll qualify for any of these promotions with renewals while still keeping our $45 smart plans?
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2010
2047 posts
1661 upvotes
EugW wrote: It's considerably less than what I might have gotten on Craigslist, but I sold the Nexus 5 BNIB for $200. With the $150 bill credit, that works out to $350, plus a free SIM card and a free car charger. That means over the 24-month contract it effectively equals about a $15 per month discount, which makes the $56 Smart Plan cost a little over $40 per month.

Once my wife's monthly discount off her $39 plan expires, perhaps we will do a similar deal with her account.
Nexus 5 are going for $300 on kijiji.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
g_althena wrote: My husband and I both have 2 year contracts ending in a couple months. We'd like to get new phones, and both have $45 MB exclusive smart plans (1GB, 600mins, etc). Never done a renewal before. Can anyone tell me whether or not we'll qualify for any of these promotions with renewals while still keeping our $45 smart plans?
Since your plan name includes "smart," Fido should allow you start a new "Tab24 Smart plan agreement" which qualifies you for these $0 phones and keep your existing plan.
You may have to pay off any remaining balance from your current Tab24/Tab36 agreement if you are not within 30 days of your current agreement ending.

I would webchat with Fido to confirm :arrow: https://www.fido.ca/web/page/portal/Fid ... s#existing
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
nousername wrote: Nexus 5 are going for $300 on kijiji.
Yeah, I was guessing a Kijiji/Craigslist sale would be $275-300. But I don't really like dealing with that. If the second store had only offered me $150 I would have gone with Kijiji/Craigslist, but $200 hassle-free at a store was enough to make me bite this time.
Oct 30, 2006
683 posts
78 upvotes
Halifax
tk1000 wrote: Since your plan name includes "smart," Fido should allow you start a new "Tab24 Smart plan agreement" which qualifies you for these $0 phones and keep your existing plan.
You may have to pay off any remaining balance from your current Tab24/Tab36 agreement if you are not within 30 days of your current agreement ending.

I would webchat with Fido to confirm :arrow: https://www.fido.ca/web/page/portal/Fid ... s#existing
I'm also curious about this. I have a 29$ smart plan expires in june. (39$ - 10$ promo). I don't see anywhere in my account how much I owe from my current 2 year agreement though. Web chatting now to see if this deal can apply to me.

edit: chat seems to be down... or slow. I'm really hoping to get this deal. Seems too good to be true though. especially if I can continue my 29$ plan which is 450 weekday minutes (7am to 6pm) - Unlimited Eve/Wknd minutes (Evenings Starting at 6 pm) - Unlimited Canada-wide long distance - Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, U.S and international wireless numbers - 600 MB Data - Call Display - Voicemail - Unlimited Circle Calling - Call Waiting - Conference Call

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)