Hot Deals

[Fido] Switch from Freedom Promo - 9GB for $39 per month after bill credit for 24 months

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2020 6:57 pm
[OP]
Aug 13, 2015
302 posts
357 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Fido] Switch from Freedom Promo - 9GB for $39 per month after bill credit for 24 months

I saw this on Fido website, and I can't find a thread specifically about this:
SWITCH FROM FREEDOM TO FIDO!
Get 9GB for $39 per month after bill credit for 24 months

Call 1-866-315-3436 or Visit us in store to take advantage of this offer.
Offer ends Oct. 31.

I have a line with Fido and a 2nd line with Freedom, but currently don't plan to move my 2nd line to Fido so I can't test this out.
Images
  • Fido switch from Freedom.PNG
23 replies
Oct 13, 2020
33 posts
17 upvotes
I have koodo, wonder what they would offer
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1687 posts
1500 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Lol 24 months. Then they jack up the price to like 50/60?
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1502 posts
1599 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: Lol 24 months. Then they jack up the price to like 50/60?
i mean if its byod there's probably no contract? so if you find a better deal in 2 years switch?
Aug 12, 2020
40 posts
41 upvotes
Calgary
I just spoke to the agent. They don't offer this or anything similar to Virgin Mobile customers.
Be hungry, be humble.
Jul 20, 2017
58 posts
35 upvotes
CheekiBreeki wrote: I just spoke to the agent. They don't offer this or anything similar to Virgin Mobile customers.
I was with Virgin

I called them saying "I see you are offering 9gb for $39 a month." The rep seemed a little confused, I didn't mention my current carrier but they did ask for my number. Not sure if they knew I was with Virgin or not.

Rep put me on hold for 10 minutes, came back saying he could do it. The plan is set up and got the promotion.

I'm not overly happy with Virgins service and wanted to switch
- They got rid of my gold plan which was good for phone upgrades ($400 upfront and $65 a month for 6gb data and iphone x 2 years ago)
- The sweetpay plans were 4gb for $50 a month + tab price while BYOD was 9gb for $50 so it made it near impossible to upgrade
- CS was awful

It's nice seeing phone companies finally offer some decent plans, but it really depreciates brand loyalty.
Mar 21, 2019
13 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
I got this deal today for 2 lines (one from Rogers and one from Bell). Just asked for this offer straight-up and mentioned I'm not a Freedom customer. The rep said he could request the offer for me if my soft credit check clears and it got approved.
The base plan is 4gb at $50.
But promo gives 5GB bonus data and $11 bill credit for 2 years.
Also the connection fee of $45 charged in 1st bill will be credited back in 2nd bill.
Last edited by dheepak10 on Oct 20th, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 12, 2020
40 posts
41 upvotes
Calgary
TylerOakville wrote: I was with Virgin

I called them saying "I see you are offering 9gb for $39 a month." The rep seemed a little confused, I didn't mention my current carrier but they did ask for my number. Not sure if they knew I was with Virgin or not.

Rep put me on hold for 10 minutes, came back saying he could do it. The plan is set up and got the promotion.

I'm not overly happy with Virgins service and wanted to switch
- They got rid of my gold plan which was good for phone upgrades ($400 upfront and $65 a month for 6gb data and iphone x 2 years ago)
- The sweetpay plans were 4gb for $50 a month + tab price while BYOD was 9gb for $50 so it made it near impossible to upgrade
- CS was awful

It's nice seeing phone companies finally offer some decent plans, but it really depreciates brand loyalty.
I was reaching out via chat! I will now be calling them. Thanks man!
Be hungry, be humble.
Jul 20, 2017
58 posts
35 upvotes
dheepak10 wrote: I got this deal today for 2 lines.
The base plan is 4gb at $50.
But promo gives 5GB bonus data and $11 bill credit for 2 years.
Also the connection fee of $45 charged in 1st bill will be credited back in 2nd bill.
Thanks for letting me know this!
Feb 5, 2014
26 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Disclosure: I work in multiple wireless provider store.

If you need help with it DM me,I'll assist with whatever I can. Push for additional 2GB bonus YMMV but absolutely worth a try. And add a line discount should stack as well.
Oct 22, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
blackbirdman wrote: Lol 24 months. Then they jack up the price to like 50/60?
I second this. Has anyone asked what happens after 24 months?

I really wish they'd include details like that upfront before we waste time calling or going in to see them...
Apr 8, 2010
74 posts
66 upvotes
I just spoke to an online Fido rep and was able to get 12GB for $35 (2GB + 10GB bonus for $45 plan with $10 monthly credit for 12 months) by referring to Freedom Mobile's current BYOD 11GB for $35 plan. You guys should use Freedom's current promotion as a leverage to negotiate for a better or matching phone plan deal
Oct 22, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
wirelessg wrote: I just spoke to an online Fido rep and was able to get 12GB for $35 (2GB + 10GB bonus for $45 plan with $10 monthly credit for 12 months) by referring to Freedom Mobile's current BYOD 11GB for $35 plan. You guys should use Freedom's current promotion as a leverage to negotiate for a better or matching phone plan deal
I can't take Freedom anymore, the reception is atrocious and completely unreliable as soon as you leave the GTA. I don't care who the provider is, so long as I get better reception than Freedom and my bill is less than 50$ a month.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
2883 posts
796 upvotes
wirelessg wrote: I just spoke to an online Fido rep and was able to get 12GB for $35 (2GB + 10GB bonus for $45 plan with $10 monthly credit for 12 months) by referring to Freedom Mobile's current BYOD 11GB for $35 plan. You guys should use Freedom's current promotion as a leverage to negotiate for a better or matching phone plan deal
That is a great deal. Which number did you call? I called in and Rep said there is absolutely no chance for other deals than 9GB/$39 from Freedom to Fido

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)