Cell Phones

Fido Tablet Plan / data only plan question?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2019 3:38 pm
[OP]
Aug 3, 2019
423 posts
241 upvotes

Fido Tablet Plan / data only plan question?

I have seen that the tablet plan (4gb for 15$) only for current customers. I have also seen that in one of the threads on the fido portal it lets you activate for tablet plan even if you dont have a mobile plan but its from 2018 so im not sure if it still works.

Is it possible to buy a sim card off ebay and activate it on fido.ca and adding the 4gb for 15$ package without dealing with fido store or calling them?

I need a data only plan for my cars hotspot and this looks like the cheapest solution.

Anybody have tried this?

Thanks
2 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
4548 posts
2818 upvotes
Gotham
I think if people could do it with only a sim card and online, you would be reading about it here on RFD. Maybe you should try it? I guess I could as I have a dozen Fido SIM cards. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Just go to different stores and ask for it until someone sells it to you.

EDIT: This won't work because it is a post-paid plan and requires a credit check.
Last edited by batcave on Oct 19th, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2004
7244 posts
744 upvotes
Toronto, ON
batcave wrote: Just go to different stores and ask for it until someone sells it to you.
This. See the big thread, but fundamentally, walk around a mall with a bunch of independent dealers (tbooth, wireless wave, etc) and see who can hook you up...