Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Unadvertised $45 Plan - Unlimited Canada Wide / International Text / 1GB DATA

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2016 9:57 pm
[OP]
Oct 30, 2014
94 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Fido] Unadvertised $45 Plan - Unlimited Canada Wide / International Text / 1GB DATA

Plan (FPMMM014G) from Fido is the same plan that is advertised on their website but with Voicemail (3) and unlimited international text messages.

When speaking to a Fido rep you would have to mention the plan's name for it to be available.

I was a Fido customer when I signed up for this plan last week but I was using Fido as a pay as you go plan, so this is was my first Plan with Fido (they did a credit check through the phone) I am not sure if this works for new customers or existing customers only.

Also the rep that I spoke to offered me 5$ a month for 1 year which is nice, but not a lot of people had success with that, but I thought I would put that out there.

As far as I know Spotify is not included with this plan.

Expiry date might be June 3 but I am not 100% sure about that.

UPDATE: Called in Today June 1st, I was told as of now the plan is still available and has no expiry date!

Credit for shenzi13 I think he was the first to post this.

Post your stories in the comment section to help others.

All the plan features are below from an email confirmation that I got:

203 replies
Oct 31, 2014
133 posts
15 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
That's different. As the OP said, this unadvertised plan had unlimited international msg and voicemail but the Spotify, which is almost identical to a plan back to the beginning of last year. I am using a very similar one: $44.1 ($49 with 10% off BYOD).

This plan is suitable for someone who doesn't like Spotify but needs voicemail.
Dec 19, 2006
322 posts
4 upvotes
which number do u call to get this promotion. got shot down for 5 dollars for one year.
Jun 15, 2012
81 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
Why not just go with Koodo? they have excellent service and it's also $45 + tax.
Which one is better Koodo vs Fido - what do you guys think? I am planning on switching in the next few days.

Thanks for your help!
Oct 6, 2011
206 posts
18 upvotes
Vaughan
Rudyyy wrote: Plan (FPMMM014G) from Fido is the same plan that is advertised on their website but with Voicemail (3) and unlimited international text messages.

When speaking to a Fido rep you would have to mention the plan's name for it to be available.

I was a Fido customer when I signed up for this plan last week but I was using Fido as a pay as you go plan, so this is was my first Plan with Fido (they did a credit check through the phone) I am not sure if this works for new customers or existing customers only.

Also the rep that I spoke to offered me 5$ a month for 1 year which is nice, but not a lot of people had success with that, but I thought I would put that out there.

As far as I know Spotify is not included with this plan.

Expiry date might be June 3 but I am not 100% sure about that.

Credit for shenzi13 I think he was the first to post this.

Post your stories in the comment section to help others.

All the plan features are below from an email confirmation that I got:

Hi, do you know if this is available for month to month only or with contract as well?
[OP]
Oct 30, 2014
94 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal, QC
kelvint911 wrote: That's different. As the OP said, this unadvertised plan had unlimited international msg and voicemail but the Spotify, which is almost identical to a plan back to the beginning of last year. I am using a very similar one: $44.1 ($49 with 10% off BYOD).

This plan is suitable for someone who doesn't like Spotify but needs voicemail.
Exactly! thank you
rahulkhanna wrote: which number do u call to get this promotion. got shot down for 5 dollars for one year.
I just called a regular number, it wasn't through retention or anything.
kongkornitz wrote: Hi, do you know if this is available for month to month only or with contract as well?
Hey, this is a month to month plan, no contract, you can cancel anytime.
Oct 31, 2014
133 posts
15 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
Rudyyy wrote: Exactly! thank you

I just called a regular number, it wasn't through retention or anything.

Hey, this is a month to month plan, no contract, you can cancel anytime.
I am wondering if I could get the $5 credit. A couple of months ago, I called in and asked if there was $5 credit. The rep told me they didn't have that option right now for my account. Is there any strategy to get it??
[OP]
Oct 30, 2014
94 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal, QC
rahulkhanna wrote: do u have to go through retentions department.
I just called fido's regular number and asked if plan FPMMM014G was available, rep said yes so I signed up for it, it wasn't through retention or anything.
kelvint911 wrote: I am wondering if I could get the $5 credit. A couple of months ago, I called in and asked if there was $5 credit. The rep told me they didn't have that option right now for my account. Is there any strategy to get it??
I really don't know, I didn't say anything, the rep I was talking to just offered me that, perhaps it's because it was my first plan with Fido or maybe it was because I called on a Friday and the rep was in a good mood..
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2483 posts
239 upvotes
Winnipeg
Not bad. I'm on the $39 plan, always go over so pay $5 for an additional 250mb of data for a total of 650mb.

I'd bring my own phone, so $45-10% and see if they can renew my $5 credit a month.

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1760 posts
1442 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can't touch my plan. I have:

200 local minutes anytime
$35 + taxes (No system access fee or 911 fee)
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2483 posts
239 upvotes
Winnipeg
Wrestlemania wrote: Can't touch my plan. I have:

Yeah, that's a sweet plan! :confused:

Especially if it contains 20 texts a month. :razz:
Jun 3, 2008
28 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver
Just called to get this plan. Just a note, no more FidoDollars with the new plans.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
1407 posts
366 upvotes
Wrestlemania wrote: Can't touch my plan. I have:

I have a 200 Daytime Min unlimited evening and weekends unlimited text to any cell in the world, VM, call display all for $19