• Dec 25th, 2020 9:55 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 19, 2019
118 posts
82 upvotes
Quebec

[FIDO] - Will that work? 5$/month with Tablet 4GB instead of 15$

I have 2 Tablets plan one is 3GB/15$ a month the other one is 4GB/0$ a month (I don't know, they just offered it when I tried to cancel it)

So I just checked my account and you can have a certified preowned Galaxy tab A for -5$, so a 4GB plan would come out as 5$/month. So my plan is to get this and cancel my 15$/month plan so I would have 2 4GB tablet plans for 5$ a month + a Galaxy Tab A.

I think it would raise questions when I call. Or maybe I can cancel via chat, IDK.

What do you guys think?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1100 posts
1399 upvotes
Mississauga
Why would it raise concerns? If you've paid off the device on the 3GB line, call them and ask for a new device, then get the one of your choice
Jan 13, 2002
440 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
YannF39839 wrote: I have 2 Tablets plan one is 3GB/15$ a month the other one is 4GB/0$ a month (I don't know, they just offered it when I tried to cancel it)

So I just checked my account and you can have a certified preowned Galaxy tab A for -5$, so a 4GB plan would come out as 5$/month. So my plan is to get this and cancel my 15$/month plan so I would have 2 4GB tablet plans for 5$ a month + a Galaxy Tab A.

I think it would raise questions when I call. Or maybe I can cancel via chat, IDK.

What do you guys think?
On my account, the only tablet offering I see with an extra $5 credit is the pre-owned ZTE Grand X View 3. Where are you seeing a preowned Galaxy tab A for $5 credit?
[OP]
Mar 19, 2019
118 posts
82 upvotes
Quebec
fredder wrote: On my account, the only tablet offering I see with an extra $5 credit is the pre-owned ZTE Grand X View 3. Where are you seeing a preowned Galaxy tab A for $5 credit?
In the Certified Pre-owned section
Last edited by YannF39839 on Dec 23rd, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 13, 2002
440 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
YannF39839 wrote: In the Certified Pre-owned section
thanks. I see it now. It shows it would be $10 + tax per month. Don't know what happened to the $5 credit per month, only showing a credit of $16.95/month for 24 months to cover the tablet cost.
[OP]
Mar 19, 2019
118 posts
82 upvotes
Quebec
fredder wrote: thanks. I see it now. It shows it would be $10 + tax per month. Don't know what happened to the $5 credit per month, only showing a credit of $16.95/month for 24 months to cover the tablet cost.
This is what I see when I add a line in my account
Jan 13, 2002
440 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
If you click 'continue' it shows the final price as $10 + tax
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
20202 posts
8279 upvotes
Toronto
YannF39839 wrote: This is what I see when I add a line in my account
If that is what you see in your account, what is there to worry about? The numbers look right to me, $0 for the hardware and $5 per month for the plan. If you grab their offer, there should be no doubts as to what you will get. Take all sorts of screen caps along the way so you have proof. Once you get the new plan, then you can cancel the old plan. No need to do any plan switching which some altruistic agent might interpret this as resulting in a different outcome in your favor. To be fair to the agents, plan switching is a different function and the pre-programmed options might not yield the same result through no fault of the agent doing the mouse clicks. Long story short, just take the offer.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, Simplii
May 8, 2001
709 posts
1026 upvotes
OP, I would just call or chat in and cancel the 3GB line. If they offer it for free like they did for me then great. If not then follow through with the cancellation.

Then go online and add the CPO Samsung if they didn't offer the 3GB for free. Since you already still have the 4GB line you can add a line easily.
Discounted e-Gift Cards: WaySpa
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
20202 posts
8279 upvotes
Toronto
MikeNet wrote: OP, I would just call or chat in and cancel the 3GB line. If they offer it for free like they did for me then great. If not then follow through with the cancellation.

Then go online and add the CPO Samsung if they didn't offer the 3GB for free. Since you already still have the 4GB line you can add a line easily.
Out of an abundance of caution, I would go online, take the deal first and then immediately call to cancel the old line. An order can always be cancelled within the 15 day grace period. Doing it the other way may lose of the offer. I am not at all familiar with Fido and how to they target customer accounts with deals. I have never been offered anything. I am always the one having to ask. It is possible that the plans currently in the account inform the offer given.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, Simplii