• Nov 16th, 2015 4:35 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3750 posts
2097 upvotes
Halifax
dankup wrote: I use calling cards to call overseas through home phone. Switching to Fido will still allow me to use calling cards to call Europe, Asia, etc? Sorry if dumb question :)
If you have used calling cards with a cell phone, and you got good results, you will also get good results with the Wireless Home Phone Device. The last time I used a calling card was 10 years ago, and I got a cheap one. Sadly, the audio was so compressed, the call quality though a cell phone was unusable. I seriously doubt that is an issue now.
Apr 23, 2007
59 posts
1 upvote
I currently have 4 Wireless Home Phone lines with Fido, as well as 2 cell phone lines. I plan on porting these 2 out, leaving me with 4 wireless home phone lines at Fido. Will they all stay at 10$/line because I have multiple lines, or will the price jump to 30$ per line? I've been told different things by multiple Fido employees. I know some people here have posted that my lines would stay at 10$, but I am just trying to find out if the regulations have changed since. Thanks.
Apr 3, 2015
49 posts
23 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
KalashRFD wrote: I also noticed that after I canceled my Fido cell, i am still on a 10 dollar plan.I am assuming they have to manually change it. I ported out fido line without calling Fido. Hopefully nobody will notice it. It's been 2 months now. Also, I can't call it now and change to new plan as they will bump be up to a higher plan.
Following up on this: Are you still at $10/month since cancelling your Fido cell? I'm looking to port out my Fido cell, but am trying to confirm that my two home phone lines won't be bumped up to $30.

Thanks!

'tuna