Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Fido Xtra: 2 months YouTube Premium Free (new subscribers only)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2020 2:11 pm
[OP]
May 1, 2019
236 posts
398 upvotes
Smithers, BC

[Fido] Fido Xtra: 2 months YouTube Premium Free (new subscribers only)

Free 2 months subscription to YouTube Premium through Fido Xtra.

Edit/clarification: This seems to be for new YouTube Premium subscribers only. So, you likely can't:
1) use an account that has previously had Premium before
2) start a 30-day free trial, then get 2 months free after that.

Essentially, then, this is a 30 day extension of YouTube's 30-day free trial.
Last edited by TomRFD on May 14th, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated title
77 replies
Aug 12, 2018
137 posts
109 upvotes
not bad since we are all in lockdown
Sep 1, 2019
37 posts
34 upvotes
Those that dont want to pay for the service in the future should set up a reminder in 2 months to avoid it automatically charging your card.

Was able to redeem it with my account.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1325 posts
79 upvotes
So the deal is only 1 extra month free since they already give 1 month free anyway. Or would it stack on the top of the 1month?
Oct 15, 2014
335 posts
545 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
If you have just internet service with Fido are you eligible for Fido Extra?
Last edited by sajan647 on May 14th, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
May 1, 2019
236 posts
398 upvotes
Smithers, BC
sajan647 wrote: If you have just internet service with Fido are you reliable for Fido Extra?
Don't think so. Customers with eligible phone plan only, I believe.
[OP]
May 1, 2019
236 posts
398 upvotes
Smithers, BC
yourmemory wrote: So the deal is only 1 extra month free since they already give 1 month free anyway. Or would it stack on the top of the 1month?
Well, according to the Xtra app, there are 2 months left for this offer. So, you could possibly do 1 month free trial, then redeem the Fido Xtra offer after that?

EDIT: Maybe not, on second thought. The offer does state "by signing up for YouTube Premium" and "Subscribe and get the first 2 months at no charge". That seems to imply first-time user. Not sure if you can continue a subscription with it. Multiple email accounts/CCs should get it done though.
Last edited by briand1989 on May 14th, 2020 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1116 posts
393 upvotes
Laval
ONaTuesday wrote: Those that dont want to pay for the service in the future should set up a reminder in 2 months to avoid it automatically charging your card.

Was able to redeem it with my account.
Looks like you can cancel now and still use the services until the end of the trial.
Aug 27, 2013
550 posts
269 upvotes
cloud
Terms says not available to those who participated in a YouTube Premium trial before. Disappointed Face
[OP]
May 1, 2019
236 posts
398 upvotes
Smithers, BC
cmchiu wrote: Terms says not available to those who participated in a YouTube Premium trial before. Disappointed Face
Not ideal, but you could always redeem with new email account/cc?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2007
2488 posts
474 upvotes
Thornhill
Ahh! Only available to new users. :(

Would have been nice to add the two months to existing users as well. Oh well.
Sep 11, 2011
619 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
If you have multiple lines in one account, do all lines each get their own?

I’m not even sure if each line on my account can have their own Fido app (with only their own information viewable). Anyone know?
Oct 31, 2014
165 posts
27 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
briand1989 wrote: Well, according to the Xtra app, there are 2 months left for this offer. So, you could possibly do 1 month free trial, then redeem the Fido Xtra offer after that?

EDIT: Maybe not, on second thought. The offer does state "by signing up for YouTube Premium" and "Subscribe and get the first 2 months at no charge". That seems to imply first-time user. Not sure if you can continue a subscription with it. Multiple email accounts/CCs should get it done though.
Just checked the fine print. Only for users who never participated in any trial before.
Oct 31, 2014
165 posts
27 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
ApocDeals wrote: If you have multiple lines in one account, do all lines each get their own?

I’m not even sure if each line on my account can have their own Fido app (with only their own information viewable). Anyone know?
Yes, they have their own info unless they know your account password to log in.
[OP]
May 1, 2019
236 posts
398 upvotes
Smithers, BC
kelvint911 wrote: Just checked the fine print. Only for users who never participated in any trial before.
Yup. The Fido offer seems to be good for the next two months, though, so with multiple accounts/CCs, there's potential for 3-4 months of free service. I have 2 lines with Fido, so I'm going to see if I can redeem this offer again in 2 months with a new account.