Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Fido Xtra: 2 months YouTube Premium Free (new subscribers only)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2020 2:11 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13309 posts
3644 upvotes
Scarberia
where do u enter the code? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
[OP]
May 1, 2019
272 posts
521 upvotes
Smithers, BC
mikka2017 wrote: where do u enter the code? tia
There is no code to enter, just a link to click from within the Fido Xtra app that takes you to the subscription page. The offer is automatically applied.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13309 posts
3644 upvotes
Scarberia
briand1989 wrote: There is no code to enter, just a link to click from within the Fido Xtra app that takes you to the subscription page. The offer is automatically applied.
ok i'll try, i had that samsung free premium for like 4 months! prolly wont work for me
i hate that fido app, can never login and it duesn't autologin ....its saying u hit a snag blah blah,,, fsmh
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11751 posts
6682 upvotes
Markham
Gary320 wrote: Looks like you can cancel now and still use the services until the end of the trial.
This would be ideal - Crave did this not long ago. You cancel now but can keep using up to expiry date.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
May 1, 2019
272 posts
521 upvotes
Smithers, BC
gr8dlr wrote: This would be ideal - Crave did this not long ago. You cancel now but can keep using up to expiry date.
Can confirm--I've already canceled! :)
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3147 posts
2031 upvotes
Langley
PSA: Once you go Youtube Premium, it's impossible to go back to regular... So be careful about this promo.
Feb 8, 2020
90 posts
59 upvotes
jellytime wrote: PSA: Once you go Youtube Premium, it's impossible to go back to regular... So be careful about this promo.
Please explain
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11751 posts
6682 upvotes
Markham
jellytime wrote: PSA: Once you go Youtube Premium, it's impossible to go back to regular... So be careful about this promo.
Thanks for the DANGER ALERT. LOL. I'm good at taking advantage of good trials and don't get addicted because I'm more addicted to my $.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3147 posts
2031 upvotes
Langley
Cynophile wrote: Please explain
Once you have a taste of the ad-free experience, it's very difficult to go back to seeing ads on videos. I use youtube a lot on my phone and TV and having an ad-free experience makes Youtube so much better.

I did a trial of Youtube premium and I got hooked. I tried going back to ad-free and it failed, so now i'm paying monthly...
gr8dlr wrote: Thanks for the DANGER ALERT. LOL. I'm good at taking advantage of good trials and don't get addicted because I'm more addicted to my $.
haha, you're a better man than me!
Feb 8, 2020
90 posts
59 upvotes
jellytime wrote: Once you have a taste of the ad-free experience, it's very difficult to go back to seeing ads on videos. I use youtube a lot on my phone and TV and having an ad-free experience makes Youtube so much better.

I did a trial of Youtube premium and I got hooked. I tried going back to ad-free and it failed, so now i'm paying monthly...

Wow!! Haha thanks for the heads up :D
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1504 posts
509 upvotes
If you have Android phone take a look at YouTube Vanced.
Thanks op for posting I rarely look at the Fido Xtra freebies. 2 months of YouTube free ad on computer and lovin it
Feb 24, 2019
239 posts
342 upvotes
damn not sure what i did wrong. followed steps through fido app and ended up with 1 month free
Dec 22, 2012
449 posts
220 upvotes
Mississauga
Gary320 wrote: Looks like you can cancel now and still use the services until the end of the trial.
confirmed, i signed up and immediately cancelled, i still have premium for 2 months

thanks, upvoted
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2731 posts
1395 upvotes
sajan647 wrote: If you have just internet service with Fido are you eligible for Fido Extra?
docshah wrote: Yes. I have only internet. And I got this as well most other extras.
Yes - I'm in the same boat (internet only). It does seem that we miss out on some of the Xtras that I see posted here, but we are offered most of them.
Aug 17, 2011
134 posts
48 upvotes
Unethical protip

If you do decide to subscribe to premium after your trial, vpn out to another country when you input your credit card information. India is CAD2.40 a month, depending on fx. Russia might be cheaper. Do it once and set it and forget it. You will always be billed in this country/currency.

Google is your friend.
Jul 10, 2019
81 posts
161 upvotes
Subscribe and get the first 2 months at no charge
Fido XTRA users get 2 months of ad-free YouTube content on us by signing up for YouTube Premium.

While staying at home, you can watch ad-free videos or even have videos playing in the background while you use other apps or when the screen of your device is locked. You can also save videos and watch them whenever you want, even when you’re offline. Plus, you’ll get access to the YouTube Music Premium app so you can enjoy the same benefits while listening to your favourite music.

YOUTUBE TERMS AND CONDITIONS

This YouTube Premium 2-month trial promotion is open to participants in Canada who are Fido customers between May 14, 2020 and July 1, 2020 at 11:59pm ET. Offer only available to customers who are not current YouTube Premium, YouTube Music Premium or Google Play Music subscribers, have not been YouTube Premium, YouTube Music Premium, or Google Play Music subscribers nor participated in a YouTube Premium, YouTube Music Premium or Google Play Music trial before. Offer must be redeemed by July 1, 2020 at 11:59pm PST. Valid form of payment required at sign-up, but you will not be charged until the promotion is complete. At the end of the promotion, you will be automatically charged the individual subscription price, currently $11.99/month on a monthly recurring basis. You can cancel your trial at no charge at any time before the trial is over. No refunds for partial billing period are available. Offer requires a Google account.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
1167 posts
1046 upvotes
Vancouver
Got this on my Fido Xtra. Was able to signup and get the 2 months of YouTube Premium free - even though I have tried Google Play Music free trial in the past.
Dec 6, 2010
83 posts
25 upvotes
This isn't working for me through the Fido app.

I click the "sign up" and when I click get YouTube premium it says my first charge will be June 14. And there is no mention of two months free.
I've never had YouTube premium before.

Any help?
Aug 30, 2018
378 posts
161 upvotes
Brampton
RubberCheese wrote: Yes - I'm in the same boat (internet only). It does seem that we miss out on some of the Xtras that I see posted here, but we are offered most of them.
Exactly. Especially the ones related to Fido wireless deals like extra data or especially the one with data plan and tablet deal which was on for a while.
Dec 6, 2010
83 posts
25 upvotes
This isn't working for me through the Fido app.

I click the "sign up" and when I click get YouTube premium it says my first charge will be June 14. And there is no mention of two months free.
I've never had YouTube premium before.

Any help?