Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Fido Xtra: 2 months YouTube Premium Free (new subscribers only)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2020 2:11 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11732 posts
6665 upvotes
Markham
Question for those who have "cancelled"...do they mean DEACTIVATE?

Also if I have multiple FIdo lines, how do I activate trial for a different (spouse) YouTube login? I don't recall it asking which YouTube account I want to have premium.

Watching Karate kid/Cobra Kai right now...so far so good as in season 2.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2017
1250 posts
567 upvotes
Was anyone able to cancel their current suscription and then able to get this trail suscription free for 2 months. Once 2 months are over, sign up again for paid suscription?
Jul 23, 2011
416 posts
230 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
indianguy wrote: I'm using this heck and works flawlessly. You only need to VPN when you sign up, no VPN required afterwards. Rs. 189 (CA$ 3.50) for family membership. You also get YouTube Music. I believe you need Indian bank issued credit / debit card.

Did this last year with my Stack M/C no issues. Usually around $3.51/month
Oct 30, 2012
320 posts
639 upvotes
Is it just ad-free YouTube or is there anything else?

I have an adblocker so signing up for this seems pointless.
Aug 17, 2011
133 posts
48 upvotes
mrkdwd wrote: Is it just ad-free YouTube or is there anything else?

You can watch videos offline or audio only to save on data when not at home.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11732 posts
6665 upvotes
Markham
mrkdwd wrote: Is it just ad-free YouTube or is there anything else?

YouTube Premium also has some of their own content...like Cobra Kai as I mentioned.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
1167 posts
1046 upvotes
Vancouver
gr8dlr wrote: YouTube Premium also has some of their own content...like Cobra Kai as I mentioned.
I've been watching the AI documentary hosted by Robert Downey Jr. It's pretty entertaining
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9756 posts
1251 upvotes
GTA
I never used YouTube Music before because I have spotify and amazon music but curious normally does it have a lot of ads? I see that this "premium" gives you premium on Youtube Music too. I heard they are stopping Google Play Music and will just have Youtube Music as their music service.

Do the ad blockers mentioned early for youtube work with YouTube music too?

I tried to see if I would be offered 3 months by going directly to YouTube Premium like another RFDer but was just offered 1 month there. I havent' bothered signing up for the 2 month trial through Fido yet.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1530 posts
489 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I was about to take up the offer, but they wanted my credit card details. For a trial it’s a big no for me.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3836 upvotes
I'm not even going to bother clicking, let alone put a cc on file.

Adblock deals away with all ads from youtube on both PC and android. It even allows you to listen to music while your phone screen is off on android.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
2380 posts
330 upvotes
for those that used the India vpn trick, is there away to remove all the India recommendations :)..
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2008
1149 posts
222 upvotes
gves02 wrote: I was about to take up the offer, but they wanted my credit card details. For a trial it’s a big no for me.
You are right, I have trouble cancelling it as it says there is no subs on my account but the charge appeared on my credit card. I am trying to figure it out if Fido collects the fee on behalf of google. A simple free trial cost me not only money but time as well. Stay away people.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2008
1149 posts
222 upvotes
xhalo21 wrote: confirmed, i signed up and immediately cancelled, i still have premium for 2 months

thanks, upvoted
How did you cancel it?
I tried to cancel but the YouTube agent checked my account and said that there was no subscription to cancel so he asked me to fill out an unauthorized form to get the charge back on my credit card and I have to wait 10 days to find out the result.
Since you get 2 months free trial does it mean you are not yet a member and therefore no subscription registered on your account until you get charge on the credit card? and was that why following instruction how to cancel your paid membership was going nowhere? Please help.
Dec 22, 2012
449 posts
220 upvotes
Mississauga
phht wrote: How did you cancel it?
I tried to cancel but the YouTube agent checked my account and said that there was no subscription to cancel so he asked me to fill out an unauthorized form to get the charge back on my credit card and I have to wait 10 days to find out the result.
Since you get 2 months free trial does it mean you are not yet a member and therefore no subscription registered on your account until you get charge on the credit card? and was that why following instruction how to cancel your paid membership was going nowhere? Please help.
Go to your settings under YouTube settings paid memberships? It'd be there. I don't think it was the google play store where I cancelled it pretty sure it was within YouTube. Check your google play store then go to subscriptions too maybe it could be there?

Is it possible you have multiple YouTube/google accounts? Maybe that's why you cant see it because you're looking at a different account
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2008
1149 posts
222 upvotes
xhalo21 wrote: Go to your settings under YouTube settings paid memberships? It'd be there. I don't think it was the google play store where I cancelled it pretty sure it was within YouTube. Check your google play store then go to subscriptions too maybe it could be there?

Is it possible you have multiple YouTube/google accounts? Maybe that's why you cant see it because you're looking at a different account
Thanks for the reply. This was my first time ever ordering from google and there was no mistake on the gmail account as the gmail account was found in the paid.google.com but the membership was not there. Thanks for your help.