Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] [Fido XTRA] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary) EXTENDED to 9/30

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2019 2:37 am
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1209 posts
1004 upvotes
For those about to ask, you need to be an existing Fido customer with a voice line, you can't just walk in to a Fido store and get this plan. As to the OP's statement of "FREE", it's unclear if it's truly free or if he just has a free tablet on the 2yr contract (discounting the device monthly cost); Though, some Fido voice clients have gotten this plan for free WITH tablet before, so it's not unheard of.
Dec 15, 2009
360 posts
39 upvotes
GTA
Tcalp wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 10:40 pm
Nope, you kill one they will kill both. That said, you might have some luck with client retention if you call in and ask about cancelling (to lower your mobile rate).
not truth, in June i signed up voice, text line week after i signed up 2 data line with ipad, 2 days after i called in canceled the phone and 1 data line with out any problem. now i have 1 data line with ipad.
[OP]
Oct 21, 2014
26 posts
203 upvotes
I just upload screen shot of my Fido Extra from Fido APP, I guess that's only way to find out if you are targeted or not
Feb 18, 2015
3 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
You need to be targeted for this offer (Check in your Fido Xtra offers), and yes the $35 fee is waived along with the $15 fee per month for 24 months so it's essentially free. Also, the fine print requires you to have an existing data, talk, and text plan to technically fulfill the tablet plan requirements prior to being activated.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3937 posts
1893 upvotes
Vancouver
Fido Store in Aberdeen Centre (Richmond BC) has a sign in the window advertising this... free tablet and 4 gig plan for $0/month. With small print - *selected customers only.

Ron.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18978 posts
453 upvotes
YYZ
newfbc wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 12:07 am
Fido Store in Aberdeen Centre (Richmond BC) has a sign in the window advertising this... free tablet and 4 gig plan for $0/month. With small print - *selected customers only.

Ron.
What does that mean?
Feb 28, 2002
723 posts
212 upvotes
Alberta
Tcalp wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 10:44 pm
For those about to ask, you need to be an existing Fido customer with a voice line, you can't just walk in to a Fido store and get this plan. As to the OP's statement of "FREE", it's unclear if it's truly free or if he just has a free tablet on the 2yr contract (discounting the device monthly cost); Though, some Fido voice clients have gotten this plan for free WITH tablet before, so it's not unheard of.
Seems pretty clear.
The tablet costs $359 - $359 Device Subsidy* = $0
The activation is $35 - $35 TAGSRA3TW Add-On = $0
The plan is $15/mth - $15/mth TAGSRA3TT Add-On = $0

That's all zeros that I can see.
Again, this offer is targeted and very YMMV.

*UNLESS you cancel your free plan before 24 months are up.
Then the Early Cancellation fee is $359 - (completed months x $14.96)
Fido 3 GB 100% - 50%
Public Mobile Fall 2016
Jun 9, 2017
271 posts
83 upvotes
Ottawa
How would you take advantage of this offer. Just go in store and sign up 0
Feb 28, 2002
723 posts
212 upvotes
Alberta
Saad1988 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 1:33 am
How would you take advantage of this offer. Just go in store and sign up 0
It's just that simple.
The trick is to get the offer.
If you're not a Fido talk/text/data plan customer you won't get the offer.
Period.

And even if you are there's no guarantee you'll get the offer.
Check the Fido App under Xtras.
Fido 3 GB 100% - 50%
Public Mobile Fall 2016
Jun 9, 2017
271 posts
83 upvotes
Ottawa
charge wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 1:35 am
It's just that simple.
The trick is to get the offer.
If you're not a Fido talk/text/data plan customer you won't get the offer.
Period.

And even if you are there's no guarantee you'll get the offer.
Check the Fido App under Xtras.
I don't see it under my xtras. Guess I'm but targeted
Jun 17, 2017
33 posts
36 upvotes
Thanks OP! Just checked hubby's Fido Xtra and he has this offer.

My understanding for the catch to this deal is that Fido gets to lock you in your current phone data plan for 2 years. Maybe they are loosing too many customers to competitors lol.
Oct 18, 2018
614 posts
231 upvotes
Can someone share a screenshot from there Fido Xtra App referencing this offer?
Feb 15, 2013
13 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond
superdeal007 wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 10:54 pm
not truth, in June i signed up voice, text line week after i signed up 2 data line with ipad, 2 days after i called in canceled the phone and 1 data line with out any problem. now i have 1 data line with ipad.
Thank you Tcalp and superdeal007 for responding. Thanks!
Feb 18, 2015
3 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
karuhime wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 1:57 am
Thanks OP! Just checked hubby's Fido Xtra and he has this offer.

My understanding for the catch to this deal is that Fido gets to lock you in your current phone data plan for 2 years. Maybe they are loosing too many customers to competitors lol.
Have you checked if your husband's line is purely a talk and text plan? If so, their requirements for giving a “free” tablet would involve you upgrading your current plan fees to include one with data.