Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] [Fido XTRA] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary) EXTENDED to 9/30

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2019 12:34 am
Dec 27, 2007
18806 posts
9938 upvotes
Kitchener
djray wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 7:09 pm
I tried live chat just now and they were offering the Samsung Tab A, but I would lose my current 50% loyalty discount when they convert me over to the new data plan. Had to pass. Might try again later this week.
If you are only on the data-plan you are not eligible for this offer, BUT, you can still get a free tablet (given you are not currently on a contract and willing to sign a new one) and keep your current 50% discount, just call retention and discuss it with them (this has nothing to do with the promo on this thread though, there are several success reports on the thread linked in my sig below).
Dec 27, 2007
18806 posts
9938 upvotes
Kitchener
MoMoneyNow wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 7:15 pm
Is there a big difference between the 2018 and 2019 models?
A tad better CPU (~50% faster) and GPU.
Higher max capacity mSD slot.
Stereo speakers.
Better rear camera.
Ships with 1 Android OS up, so should get one more bump compared to 2018 model.
Mar 21, 2016
105 posts
28 upvotes
Yvr
VANSTERDAM60420 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 6:42 pm
just did this

live chat and phone rep both confirmed it was 2019 model

live chat said I had to go to store. phone rep said they would ship me it

about 8-12 days before it gets shipped

youll get charged the $35 activation fee but apparently you get the credit back on the 2nd or 3rd billing.
Pretty sure what the agent meant was the device added to Fido in 2019 and she assumes it’s a 2019 model
Dec 24, 2015
169 posts
64 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Hi, what’s the exact model of this tablet? I would like to buy one of these off of someone at a discounted price if the specs are okay.
Jan 21, 2017
32 posts
83 upvotes
If you can't use Fido/Rogers LTE network, it's pointless because real deal is that 24 months free 4GB LTE service.

Samsung Canada doesn't release Galaxy Tab A 2019 LTE model yet in Canada. Only available Tab A 2019 Wifi only model.
That's why Fido offers Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2018 LTE model.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
4072 posts
1756 upvotes
M-Arkham
aasoror wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 12:08 am
Are you on an eligible "postpaid" plan?
I would had been, but not atm, oh well, can't get all the gravy train :)
2x Zoomer $36 for 4GB and unlimited Can wide txt/talk
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide Pulse
Mar 25, 2008
396 posts
748 upvotes
Vancouver
I have to give prop to @aasoror for keep answering the same questions again and again to people who dont bother to check at least the first page..
Jun 19, 2019
565 posts
346 upvotes
"Centre of the …
lol
Issue Infractions to exceptionals.

Do I need a Fido account to be eligible for the Free Tablet and 2 years of Dada assoror?
Please tell me No.
What is the Magic Word?
(*) (*)
tekraM oT tneW eiggiP elttiL sihT
pnɹıub ʇıɯəs oɟ nuıʌəɹsɐl pəɔəıʇ' ʇəllıub ʇɥə ʇɹnʇɥ qəɔoɯəs ɐ ɹəʌolnʇıouɐɹʎ ɐɔʇ
13 Horror Films $20 or Free if you Don't Fall Asleep or Die of Fright! Sat Oct 26.TO.
Banned
Sep 15, 2019
95 posts
11 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 12:22 am
A tad better CPU (~50% faster) and GPU.
Higher max capacity mSD slot.
Stereo speakers.
Better rear camera.
Ships with 1 Android OS up, so should get one more bump compared to 2018 model.
Then its worth it. They should give the latest. Typical Fido trying to stick its customers with year old junk and a contract, experienced it before firsthand. I'd still go for this deal as lots more people would too if fido gives the latest 2019 model.

And nothing is for free, why would fido give a free tablet at $0 for 2 years? Wish they gave gift card on top... Then its be a hot deal.
Imagine lugging around a tablet...
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1516 posts
1682 upvotes
Halifax
MoMoneyNow wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 4:44 am
Then its worth it. They should give the latest. Typical Fido trying to stick its customers with year old junk and a contract, experienced it before firsthand. I'd still go for this deal as lots more people would too if fido gives the latest 2019 model.

And nothing is for free, why would fido give a free tablet at $0 for 2 years? Wish they gave gift card on top... Then its be a hot deal.
Imagine lugging around a tablet...
Typical Fido? What exactly is typical about a carrier giving a FREE tablet with FREE service with FREE setup?

So you are complaining that the FREE tablet isnt the most current up to date tablet available even though its not even available in Canada actually making the FREE tablet they are giving in fact the most up to date available tablet model in Canada.

Then you go on to say that the FREE tablet and FREE plan isnt free which is contrary to the literally thousands of people and posts here. Now you want a 2019 tablet (that isnt available) and FREE and a GIFT card?

Lordy, please put a /s or sarc at the end so people like me dont take you seriously. I mean you cant be serious. This is either a well crafted very low key sarcastic comment or perhaps the most ignorant comment I have ever seen on RFD.

It is a FREE tablet with a FREE plan. Please tell me you are being sarcastic.
Sep 12, 2018
92 posts
50 upvotes
Montreal
tdracer wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 6:11 am
Typical Fido? What exactly is typical about a carrier giving a FREE tablet with FREE service with FREE setup?

So you are complaining that the FREE tablet isnt the most current up to date tablet available even though its not even available in Canada actually making the FREE tablet they are giving in fact the most up to date available tablet model in Canada.

Then you go on to say that the FREE tablet and FREE plan isnt free which is contrary to the literally thousands of people and posts here. Now you want a 2019 tablet (that isnt available) and FREE and a GIFT card?

Lordy, please put a /s or sarc at the end so people like me dont take you seriously. I mean you cant be serious. This is either a well crafted very low key sarcastic comment or perhaps the most ignorant comment I have ever seen on RFD.

It is a FREE tablet with a FREE plan. Please tell me you are being sarcastic.
Is this a new mikka2017 moment?
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1516 posts
1682 upvotes
Halifax
I was saving this for the myriad of SDM points threads but this deserves it more. Its in good fun so no offence intended, just a friendly jab.

This is what I think of when people keep posting the same questions over and over and over again. just to be clear aasoror is the king. edit: answering the same questions over and over again.

Jun 13, 2019
83 posts
37 upvotes
M1Pxxx
I am wondering if I can resurrect my two months old account (which I closed/converted to prepaid due to billing issue)? Would this be eligible for this promo?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
2464 posts
1211 upvotes
Toronto, ON
trigger0 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 8:04 am
I am wondering if I can resurrect my two months old account (which I closed/converted to prepaid due to billing issue)? Would this be eligible for this promo?
You can try but the promo is ending September 30th FYI.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!