Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

[Fido XTRA] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary) Expires 12/31

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2021 1:30 am
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2014
1911 posts
2367 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aasoror wrote: Just know that 4GB plans loses the SMS/Voice capabilities by default.
Good! I had to ensure they manually disabled them before, now it's automatic, that's even better!
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1865 posts
1262 upvotes
GTA
wealthdesigners wrote: Got my November Bill. No refund as promised by agent.. annoying!
On the upside, they didn't charge me a monthly fee for the tablet lines.. just the original $35 activation fee that I was promised would be waived this Nov bill as it wasn't supposed to be charged last bill... hmmm
Same here. Just got my 3rd bill and no credit on the setup fee or prorated days before the billing cycle. Called in and they manually credited $35 plus tax for the setup but will not credit the prorated amount. It was only for a few days and $2.50 so not a big deal, but I'm not liking these business practices. It was supposed to be 100% free.
Dec 24, 2017
8 posts
3 upvotes
piesypies wrote: I'll never again get a promotion that can potentially get me stuck for 2 years.

I got my bill and they charged me for 2 moths plus the activation fee.

I called and discovered I was on a normal youre stuck with us for 2 years and you get this free tablet promotion.

I was lucky I still had the promotion text Fido sent me because they wouldnt budge until I told them I had proof. Had to fight with them on the phone to get my money back (specially for the 35$ activation fee).

In the end, I got everything I was promised.

Never again
Exact same thing happened to me. So frustrating. I had to call them, read out the text that I received about the promotion, even though the agent knew exactly what I was talking about. She then told me to go the fido store that activated the tablet for me, in order to get my credits refunded because "the store is who offered me the this promo." I replied with "No, FIDO offered me this promo, the store has nothing to do with this." Then she's like "I can refund you the $35 activation fee, but not the pro-rated amount, and my supervisor would say the same thing." So then I had to explain how it's okay for accounts to go into a negative balance, and that once an account is in a negative balance..you just refund the customer the remaining balance. This is what shut her up, and then she told me I would see all the credits I was expecting on my next bill. These tactics are so ridiculous, almost as bad as the call centre scammers. ALSO, don't fall for the friendliness from the agents on the phone. Mine was asking me questions like.."How's the weather there? Has it snowed a lot? Any plans for Christmas?"
Jul 19, 2010
60 posts
867 upvotes
It looks like the promo is back for those that didn't receive it previously. I just got a text and it's showing up in my Fido Xtra as well.
Jan 5, 2015
70 posts
163 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Got this message from Fido! Free Samsung Galaxy Tab A + free 2 years 4gb tablet plan. Must remain with Fido internet or cell plan for 2 years
Images
  • F4F9FEB0-705C-4A31-A649-2ADF33FE0702.png
Last edited by Almirb on Nov 22nd, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12141 posts
2760 upvotes
Guelph
Why doesnt roger customers get this. BS. Im porting out this BF.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Nov 15, 2010
178 posts
208 upvotes
toronto
Banana Waffle wrote: It looks like the promo is back for those that didn't receive it previously. I just got a text and it's showing up in my Fido Xtra as well.
Me 2. I called so many times to try to get the offer during September, but I was denied. I was finally offered it today but now I am skeptical due to all the billing issues.
Mar 7, 2011
604 posts
558 upvotes
Vancouver
I got this message too, but a little confused.

It is supposed to be $10/mo for 4GB + whatever for the tablet, but instead $0 + $0 ? In return for staying with them for 2 years?
Oct 12, 2004
712 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
I got this text. I am quite curious about it so I will be calling them in a bit.
HeatWare
HoFo
--------------------
Jul 19, 2010
60 posts
867 upvotes
I believe this is a reinstated promotion similar to the one discussed here: fido-xtra-get-0-tablet-free-2-year-tabl ... 0-2306636/

You may be able to find the answers you're looking for in there

Edit: added screenshots of the offer in Fido Xtra in case someone will find it helpful
Images
  • IMG_5380.JPEG
  • IMG_5381.JPEG
  • IMG_5382.JPEG
Last edited by Banana Waffle on Nov 22nd, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 17, 2017
435 posts
409 upvotes
Yeah, me too. The reviews for the Huawei Mediapad seems way better. Plus it's 1920 resolution. The TAB A is garbage
May 19, 2009
885 posts
1234 upvotes
Vancouver
I saw it under my Fido Xtra too. Will be going to a local store to ask about it Grinning Face
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3542 upvotes
This offer now shows up in my Fido app.

So which tablet is better?
May 23, 2008
979 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
squall458 wrote: Why doesnt roger customers get this. BS. Im porting out this BF.
Rogers had a very similar offer a couple of months ago. I got a free tab A (which I sold - way too slow) and 24 months free shared data plan.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12141 posts
2760 upvotes
Guelph
Avignon wrote: Rogers had a very similar offer a couple of months ago. I got a free tab A (which I sold - way too slow) and 24 months free shared data plan.
Was the offer through a txt message?
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Sep 12, 2006
246 posts
176 upvotes
See the link posted by Banana Waffle, no catch, free tablet and 4GB tablet plan for 2 years. I got it and no issues. Also as you'll see in the other thread, some people chose the Huawei 10".
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2015
1143 posts
454 upvotes
Windsor, ON
They are only going target those either not in a contract or barely left in a contract the app gave me this offer by accident and they never honoured it but I have more than a year left on my current contract, hey if best buy will give me a $15-$20 a month iPad though with a $150-$200 gift card I'd take that nevertheless the best buy mobile store offered me something similar today but I want to see what surprises black Friday holds
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
So you are locked into keeping any plan you currently have for your cellular plan for 2 years? Whether it be a byod or regular plan....

Or just locked into keeping this $0 plan for 2 years?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)