Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] [Fido XTRA] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary) EXTENDED to 9/30

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2019 8:57 pm
Mar 23, 2017
254 posts
154 upvotes
Canada
sonson wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 5:50 pm
I got this deal in my app and I went to store to get my tablet. I showed to the rep and he did my contract. But when I read the contract now, I don't see anything saying waived activation fee or $15/mth credit for 24 months.

I just said I'm now on data only plan - 4gb and table cost $359 and waived for 2 yrs contract.

How can I verify or when will I expect to see the credit in my bill?
Same thing happened to me. My contract isnt showing waived activation or monthly tab fees. They were having issues adding tab to my account. So she had to call to headquarters to get things sorted out. She said my account has everything waived but bill isn't showing as they have standard bills with them but at the back end my account has waived fees.
Mar 23, 2017
254 posts
154 upvotes
Canada
sonson wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 5:50 pm
I got this deal in my app and I went to store to get my tablet. I showed to the rep and he did my contract. But when I read the contract now, I don't see anything saying waived activation fee or $15/mth credit for 24 months.

I just said I'm now on data only plan - 4gb and table cost $359 and waived for 2 yrs contract.

How can I verify or when will I expect to see the credit in my bill?
U will see credit after second billing cycle
Sep 30, 2014
99 posts
55 upvotes
Montreal
Called the number on OP's picture. Rep was nice and checked with support and I was eligible.
Tablet should come in two days and I can confirm I will have 4 Gb of data during two years for free, so yes it is a $750 value,
For those wondering, I'm on the Black Friday 2015 BYOD 2Gb+2Gb deal for $34.

$34 for unlimited text and calls, 4Gb (cellphone), free tablet and 4Gb (tablet) is almost stealing.
Thanks OP !
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1549 posts
1735 upvotes
Halifax
machino4 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 6:16 pm
Called the number on OP's picture. Rep was nice and checked with support and I was eligible.
Tablet should come in two days and I can confirm I will have 4 Gb of data during two years for free, so yes it is a $750 value,
For those wondering, I'm on the Black Friday 2015 BYOD 2Gb+2Gb deal for $34.

$34 for unlimited text and calls, 4Gb (cellphone), free tablet and 4Gb (tablet) is almost stealing.
Thanks OP !
does that include a phone
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
1082 posts
431 upvotes
BC
not eligible lol, tried it twice...
even if I upgrade my line from $25 talk and text to a 'with' data plan, they cant give the $0 data only plan... it will be the regular $15...
will just wait on black friday...
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
2581 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP, called Fido and checked qualification. i was on their list, and talked with the rep regarding no fido perks showing up. He mentioned to me that their systems have a glitch and was not sent out to all users.

So guys who ever has Fido cell phone plan, call that number and find out! you'll be missing a free deal! Oh, BTW, he did mention that you will be paying taxes on the tablet only. which is like 35-40 dollars.

Forgot to mention, they will do a credit check as well.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Aug 23, 2016
70 posts
24 upvotes
im eligible for 5, i chose to get 3 for free... why not.... the promo ends on Sep 30th
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
17006 posts
3863 upvotes
Toronto
CoffeeMan123 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 3:27 pm
Thanks - got the offer. On $65BYOD/10GB. Picked up at the Fido store.
Lucky you. We have two of these lines with no offer. :(

I will try Live Chatting or whatever. If I were to call in, what is the specific number to call? I saw mention of a number but didn't find one.
Jul 18, 2017
10 posts
12 upvotes
if you look at the add-ons section at the bottom of his first screenshot, he is also getting $15 off for 24 months (TAGSRA3TT). I'd say this is legit.
Aug 26, 2014
26 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got it over the phone, he said on the 3rd invoice i'll see the credits of everything, im going to call back to confirm once I get them from delivery. No activation fee, my fido app didn't show the deal to me but i called anyway 1-844-423-3436 hope everything works out for everyone!
May 26, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
Got a confirmation e-mail $15 credit for 24 months on a $15 plan. My invoice had the device at $0 as well.
Images
  • FIDOconf.png
Sep 30, 2014
99 posts
55 upvotes
Montreal
tdracer wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 6:39 pm
does that include a phone
No. It’s a BYOD plan, it’s my phone. And it was a one-day only deal in 2015. That’s why it’s so cheap.
Dec 27, 2007
18877 posts
9985 upvotes
Kitchener
rolomonster wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 10:15 pm
Anyone on BYOD talk and text plans able to get this promo? Will call tomorrow to check.
The eligibility requirement is "postpaid mobile plan with at least 1GB of data".
If you are on talk and text you might qualify if you add at least 1GB of data to your plan (someone reported success earlier going that route).
Dec 27, 2007
18877 posts
9985 upvotes
Kitchener
sonson wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 6:01 pm
Thx..yes..my contract doesn't show those Add-on name for credits. Store closed now..will have to go tmr and ask.

I wonder if I can get it fix by ANY fido store?
Any store should do it (even Fido's phone/support) but the problem is some don't have a clue whats going on and think the client is making up the story (already reported earlier) so it's just easier to go back to the original store that is taking the commission for the contract and let them make sure everything is in order.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)