Expired Hot Deals

[Fido Xtra] Subscribe and get 3 months free Google One (100GB of storage)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2019 9:51 am
[OP]
Oct 23, 2018
64 posts
82 upvotes

Subscribe and get 3 months free Google One (100GB of storage)

Retailer:
Fido Xtra
By signing up to Google One through Fido XTRA, users can get a Google One membership with 100GB of storage and extra benefits for the first 3 months at no charge. Offer must be redeemed by Jan 29, 2020.

For the Google one service, it starts from CA$2.79/month
g.png

Also, you can enter the contest to win a Google Pixel 3a phone in this week. TOS: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/terms/fido ... 3a-contest
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3709 posts
3791 upvotes
Vancouver
Good offer, but I'm not sure it's a good idea to pay for Google storage.

Google is very customer-insensitive due to their massive size and market dominance - they frequently make arbitrary changes to their services and pricing that catch users off-guard. I wouldn't want to get dependent.

Also Google mines every bit of personal data that you give them access to for their own purposes. They already have plenty - I woundn't want to give them more!
Jun 30, 2019
13 posts
10 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: Good offer, but I'm not sure it's a good idea to pay for Google storage.

Google is very customer-insensitive due to their massive size and market dominance - they frequently make arbitrary changes to their services and pricing that catch users off-guard. I wouldn't want to get dependent.

Also Google mines every bit of personal data that you give them access to for their own purposes. They already have plenty - I woundn't want to give them more!
I second on this. It's best to use cloud storage where you are the owner of your own encryption keys. That way, the provider has no way to see your files. MEGA.nz is a example and provide 50GB free storage.