Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] YMMV $15 Data only plan turned free for 24months. offered through retention dept.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2020 11:57 am
May 7, 2012
935 posts
409 upvotes
Redscott wrote: Same here. I really only worry on overages at my summer cottage where this is my only source of internet. literally. in the woods. My last 12 months of free in 2018 was including overages which I did not abuse more than maybe 12-16gbs when I was on vacation for 3 weeks.

just got the 24 months free offer and hoping its a repeat performance of 2018.
My 100% loyalty offer ends in next few weeks. How did you go about getting the 24 month free offer, and when?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3381 posts
1840 upvotes
today chat, Did not ask for it directly but asked what my options were as my renewal was coming up. It was offered.
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Apr 29, 2017
163 posts
93 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: I'll try this tomorrow. Unfortunately I have a new tablet attached to this and it's barely over a month old... Wonder if I'll manage to score
Let me know how you made out. I'm in the same situation as you.
Dec 9, 2001
382 posts
165 upvotes
Vancouver
Redscott wrote: Same here. I really only worry on overages at my summer cottage where this is my only source of internet. literally. in the woods. My last 12 months of free in 2018 was including overages which I did not abuse more than maybe 12-16gbs when I was on vacation for 3 weeks.

just got the 24 months free offer and hoping its a repeat performance of 2018.
Your overages might still be included as long as you never upgrade your plan from the 3GB $15 plan.
If you upgrade it to the 4GB plan, or $10 plan, then the way the overage is calculated is different.
Upgrading is tempting for many, because of the cost savings "if you are paying full price", but you lose the ability to enjoy unlimited data when they throw a 100% discount at you.

If you look at your bill, the original 3GB flex plan will never show overages when you're paying full price with no discount.
Instead of showing overages, it will show a different price depending on how much data you use.

For example...
It'll show: $25 for 4GB, $35 for 5GB
Instead of: $15 for 3GB + $10 for 1GB of overage, $15 for 3GB + $20 for 2GB of overage.
Dec 18, 2007
211 posts
132 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I got this plan yesterday thank you op.
Told them I want to cancel my plan and switch to public Mobile cause they have good plan. Guy ask me what plan. That kinda scare me. I told him all the plans are good. Than I told him all my friends have the data only plan for free for 24 months. He said he will check. He said he can offer me 24 months for free. That my experience
Jul 2, 2016
364 posts
561 upvotes
Looks like this offer is still valid. Called yesterday to cancel and said I don't use it. They offered to switch my 50% off promo so $7.50 a month for 3gb to free for 3gb for the next two years. Fyi, I only have this tablet plan with Fido.