• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2020 11:38 am
[OP]
May 1, 2019
303 posts
635 upvotes
Smithers, BC

[Fido] YMMV--no charge 3GB bonus for 3 months

YMMV, but was offered this on both lines when contacting support for an unrelated issue. They sent a text to me in French, and I was wondering what it meant. Turns out, Fido is changing their terms for the 5 hours of Xtra data in a month, and you can use it all in a 24 hour period now, if you wish. It used to be that So, that's cool thing #1.

Now, the deal--I happened to mention that the above would be super handy on an upcoming road trip, and, unprompted, he offered a 3GB data bonus on both of my lines for 3 months, at no charge, saying it would give me some more cushion. I mean, 5 hours per two lines = 10 hours total, so that's more than enough for my road trip, but I took it happily. Proof below.

YYMV, but they gave it to me mostly unprompted, so give it a try?
Capture4.PNG
4 replies
Mar 19, 2016
31 posts
38 upvotes
I got that before though I had to call in to get it. I asked later on if I could get it permanently and it was a big fat no.

I'm guessing they're trying to butter you up and keep you on through Black Friday.
[OP]
May 1, 2019
303 posts
635 upvotes
Smithers, BC
ChillbroSwaggins wrote: I got that before though I had to call in to get it. I asked later on if I could get it permanently and it was a big fat no.

I'm guessing they're trying to butter you up and keep you on through Black Friday.
Still under contract on both lines until next Black Friday, so I'm thinking probably not that?
Mar 19, 2016
31 posts
38 upvotes
briand1989 wrote: Still under contract on both lines until next Black Friday, so I'm thinking probably not that?
Maybe not, but I was BYOD and they wouldn't give it to me permanently so I'm guessing they're quite firm about it.
[OP]
May 1, 2019
303 posts
635 upvotes
Smithers, BC
ChillbroSwaggins wrote: Maybe not, but I was BYOD and they wouldn't give it to me permanently so I'm guessing they're quite firm about it.
Fair. I'm not expecting it to be permanent. But, free 3GB is free 3 GB. :)