Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] YMMV - RETENTION/LOYALTY offers $40 for 8gb, $52.50 for 10gb, 15gb with 25% off

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2018 12:13 pm
[OP]
Nov 23, 2018
26 posts
37 upvotes

[Fido] YMMV - RETENTION/LOYALTY offers $40 for 8gb, $52.50 for 10gb, 15gb with 25% off

I have been calling fido every day for the past several days, trying to see what they can offer me as an existing customer on a BYOD plan. I am not positive if this will be offered to new customers, however, based on what they told me over the phone, they will. Either way, it is worth a shot!

It is worth mentioning, these were all for BYOD, but i imagine, they can give you equivalent deals on two year plans, effectively raising the price by ~$10 for each plan tier, just ask them. Better yet, reference that you know people that have gotten deals like this, it seemed to help.

All had unlimited canada wide calling, unlimited international text.

$40+tax for 8gb
$52.50+tax for 10gb
25% off $100, so $75+tax for 15gb

If you want an even cheaper plan, with less gb, then just ask them. They are more than accommodating. They will take a cheaper plan from their site, and then customize it to suit your needs; whether that means reducing the price even more, adding more gbs, certain add-ons, et cetera.

I imagine, if a new customer, they will apply the $10 credit for 12 months, for the 15gb plan, or if existing, loyalty should give you an additional discount, either equivalent to the $10 credit, or even better, which in my experience, never have an expiration date. May bring it to $60-65 for 15gb. Again, just be polite, do not be afraid to ask questions, or ask for more gb for less. And if one agent is not being helpful, just politely say thank you, that you are not interested. Hang up, and call again!

All in all, seems like pretty good deals to me. Last night i went with the $40 plan. 8gb is enough for me.

Let me know if you have any questions, or need any help.
Images
  • Screenshot_20181124-162541_Gallery.jpg
  • Screenshot_20181124-162804_Gallery.jpg
Last edited by titaniumtux on Nov 24th, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title fix
190 replies
Mar 2, 2016
240 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
Where are you located?
Koodo|Public Mobile|Fido|Tangerine|EQ|AMEX|Plastiq|Paytm|eBates|TopCashBack|Mr. Rebates|Great Canadian Rebates|RocketMiles
Carrot|AwardWallet|Skiplagged|uber|Lyft|Instaryde|airBNB|uberEats|DoorDash|Skip the Dishes|Foodora|Ritual|Amazon Prime/Student
Aug 26, 2018
6 posts
And did you just call into the customer service number to ask or did you call another number to ask for deals
[OP]
Nov 23, 2018
26 posts
37 upvotes
I am located in ontario (gta) and i just dialed 611 from my fido phone, which i presume is just an easier way of dialing their customer service number. Depending on whether you are an existing, or new customer. You typically, just follow the prompts and hit the corresponding buttons. Regardless of who you end up speaking with, they should be able to help. Worse case scenario, they will just redirect you to the correct department. Just tell them pretty well exactly what you want. If you want a $30 plan with 5 gbs, ask them if they can do that for you. If you want the $40 plan with 8gbs, ask them if they can do that for you. Make sure to mention that you are seeing it online that people are getting these deals, or that you know somebody, who has already received this deal. Always helps your case!

Hope this helps.
Jan 30, 2014
14 posts
6 upvotes
Vaughan
I got 15GB for $70 yesterday, had few of my friends get it today too. Make sure to get transferred to retentions department. Some of them had to call several times, since some claimed that there’s no such offer.
Dec 27, 2002
429 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
I just called and they couldn't offer me 5GB for $30. Initially he couldn't offer me anything better than what I have already (4GB for $40) then he said he'll give me 5GB for $40. The whole call took less than 5 minutes. I didn't speak to retention though, so maybe I'll call back another time.
Oct 31, 2018
42 posts
22 upvotes
can someone tell me why this post was downvoted? this is not targeted afaik
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1009 posts
127 upvotes
Vancouver
Any BC members get any deals?
Jun 22, 2018
152 posts
147 upvotes
Just chatted with a Fido rep; was offered the usual $75 for 10GB (I'm currently on $55 for 6GB unlimited).

I told them that some people have got $40 for 8GB; he said diff lines are targetted with different offers, for me, it's the $75 - 10GB.

I'm looking to reduce the monthly plan from current 55 to about 40 (don't mind reducing my data to 3-4 GB).
[OP]
Nov 23, 2018
26 posts
37 upvotes
I think you can definitely do better than $40 for 5gb, although, that still is not that bad. But yes, some of these agents, are not the most pleasant, to deal with...so typically, when i encounter agents like that...i just tell them, thanks anyways, have a good day, and hang up. Then call back, and hope for a better agent. I had to go through about 8 or 9 phone calls, in 4 or 5 days. 3 just yesterday. Before i got offered, those 3 deals. Now that you guys have a baseline to work with, it should, theoretically, be somewhat of a smoother, and easier experience for you guys. Remember, they CAN offer you a better deal. It is just whether or not they are kind enough, to do so.
Jun 22, 2013
12 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Just had a call with retention. They do not have this plan available in their system.
Mar 12, 2015
151 posts
88 upvotes
North York, ON
I spoke to retentions twice. No such deal. One told me the 6gb for $60, 10gb for $75. Another told me 4gb for $55!
Oct 31, 2018
42 posts
22 upvotes
bhuvan wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 3:55 pm
Just chatted with a Fido rep; was offered the usual $75 for 10GB (I'm currently on $55 for 6GB unlimited).

I told them that some people have got $40 for 8GB; he said diff lines are targetted with different offers, for me, it's the $75 - 10GB.

I'm looking to reduce the monthly plan from current 55 to about 40 (don't mind reducing my data to 3-4 GB).

Try live chat. I got 40 for 4 from there and tell them you want some compensation for the prorated bill and there might be a $10 dollar credit.
Jan 30, 2014
14 posts
6 upvotes
Vaughan
You have to tell them that you want to leave Fido, since other providers have cheaper options and ask if they have any options before you make the move. Say you need at least 15GB and if you don’t get offered the $70 plan, then tell them your co-worker or friend got it today.