• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2021 12:57 pm
[OP]
Aug 15, 2018
748 posts
637 upvotes

Fido's email "The wait for your order is almost over"

Hi all,

I received an email from Fido, saying the wait for my order is almost over and my new shiny iphone 12 max pro extra +++ will be delivered soon (actually two of them, one for my wife too) and I should click the link to the Purolator parcel tracker to be excited to see where my parcel is located now!

Problem is that I didn't order anything. The email was very well crafted so I decided to speak to Fido, and much to my surprise, it was not a scam. Someone actually accessed my account and upgraded both smartphones.

Just writing this post if anyone was wondering. Frankly I received so many scam emails that I didn't bother investigating at first. Yes you need to get in touch with Fido, ask them to open a fraud case and importantly, refuse the delivery of the parcel when it is coming.

Hope that will help others.
Matt
4 replies
Apr 8, 2021
343 posts
346 upvotes
Montreal
They probably changed the shipping address as well 🧐
'2003
[OP]
Aug 15, 2018
748 posts
637 upvotes
BeefOreo wrote: They probably changed the shipping address as well 🧐
Funny thing... but no. Which makes me think it could be an error from Fido themselves although they will most likely never admit it.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20745 posts
6217 upvotes
GTA
mattnew wrote: Funny thing... but no. Which makes me think it could be an error from Fido themselves although they will most likely never admit it.
What they could do, is use the tracking number and wait outside your house until they see the Purolator truck is out for delivery. Then intercept it.
[OP]
Aug 15, 2018
748 posts
637 upvotes
Just a quick update for those interested. I received a call from Fido "office of the president".

I asked them to prove me this force upgrade doesn't come from Fido itself and I was told "we will not give you any further details".

I am not sure hackers would upgrade my plan, order two phones, and kindly have them delivered at my house. It just sounds fishy to me.