Expired Hot Deals

[filaments.ca] PLA 3D Print Filament $18.01 for 1KG

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2020 3:36 pm
Aug 25, 2013
321 posts
354 upvotes
Used to print with PLA, tried PETG and it changed my life!!
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1002 posts
727 upvotes
Durham Region
lildevilx wrote: Just came to say, filaments.ca is my go to vender for filament. Personal and for work. bought a about 2k worth of filament couple months ago :)

Though I recently I was looking at other venders and found botfeeder.ca
Seem to have decent reviews out there, so I'm kind of curious to give them a try as well.
Do you buy any ABS from them? I bought 2 rolls, a cheap $15 one and a $30 one

The $30 took some trial and error but finally got a couple good prints with it

The $15 one is crap unless I’m doing something wrong. Everything I printed with it falls apart. The temperature range on the package is 190-230 for nozzle (seems low), and 80-100 for the bed.

I print enclosed and had to turn the nozzle up to 240 before I was getting decent layer adhesion. Then the LEGO block I printed just falls apart even though it looked decent... going to try to return it
Images
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1617 posts
595 upvotes
Markham
networksend wrote: Do you buy any ABS from them? I bought 2 rolls, a cheap $15 one and a $30 one

The $30 took some trial and error but finally got a couple good prints with it

The $15 one is crap unless I’m doing something wrong. Everything I printed with it falls apart. The temperature range on the package is 190-230 for nozzle (seems low), and 80-100 for the bed.

I print enclosed and had to turn the nozzle up to 240 before I was getting decent layer adhesion. Then the LEGO block I printed just falls apart even though it looked decent... going to try to return it
I haven't used ABS for a long time. Just not worth dealing with the fumes and headaches it gives. Only reason I'd pick abs over petg is because of acetone bath....

So sorry, can't help.
Nov 29, 2006
986 posts
300 upvotes
What is the shipping cost if I only want to buy 1 roll?
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1288 posts
713 upvotes
SW ON
pcbc168 wrote: What is the shipping cost if I only want to buy 1 roll?
Depends on where you are and how fast you want to get it. I tried ordering one roll and the cheapest shipping for me was about $9.50 by FedEx Ground. I went to Amazon and bought the same roll for about the same price total.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1617 posts
595 upvotes
Markham
pcbc168 wrote: What is the shipping cost if I only want to buy 1 roll?
These places, it's not worth buying just one roll due to shipping unless you don't mind picking up.

If you don't care about the strength of the models and dont print a lot, just but it on Amazon. It's the cheapest that way.
Nov 28, 2012
61 posts
74 upvotes
I'm still waiting for botfeeder to send my pre-order from 2 months ago, was supposed to get it over a month ago and then they delayed it a month... Then they said it'll ship this week, but there's 1 day remaining and nothing shipped yet.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1617 posts
595 upvotes
Markham
crossflame wrote: I'm still waiting for botfeeder to send my pre-order from 2 months ago, was supposed to get it over a month ago and then they delayed it a month... Then they said it'll ship this week, but there's 1 day remaining and nothing shipped yet.
O damn ... Guess I might take a pass on them until they have proper stocks again....

Will just go back to filaments.ca
Mar 6, 2014
252 posts
157 upvotes
Too bad amazon.ca stop selling amazonbasics brand 5pcs bundle low price filament PLA and PETG, was about 16-18/kg, freeship
now all other filament price is now about 30+$ /kg, too expensive.
Mar 6, 2014
252 posts
157 upvotes
ewong2 wrote: I never used botfeeder.ca are they any good?

IMO shipping kills this deal.
they have many colors, but PLA only.
and the shipping is $21+ to my order.
crazy shipping price.
Nov 28, 2012
61 posts
74 upvotes
My botfeeder preorder finally shipped, or rather a shipping label was created yesterday so I assume it'll be picked up today.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
1685 posts
379 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Pulled trigger for two thx op.
These are cheap generic merchandise, they are dirty cheap in China, much of the price is for shipping dead plastic half world, so better get cheap for cheap price.
<No political content in signatures>