Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 16, 2006
125 posts
44 upvotes
Scarborough

Filet-o-fish at McDees

Anyone had it recently? They don't even put a full slice of cheese on it anymore...you get a sliver! And damn...eating at McDees has gotten expensive!!!
75 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
28884 posts
14444 upvotes
Toronto
It's been like that for many, many years.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1706 posts
2014 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: I haven't been since about 1997. I have this idea that the menu has been frozen in time since then but I realize that a lot of menu items must have disappeared and new ones added. I'm surprised that the filet-o-fish is still around TBH
The filet was created to keep Roman Catholic customers coming in on Fridays when they would typically abstain from meat, so don't think it will go away.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filet-O-Fish

Don't mind a filet now and then but it is smaller and pricy now.....
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10577 posts
12751 upvotes
Vancouver
maple1 wrote: The filet was created to keep Roman Catholic customers coming in on Fridays when they would typically abstain from meat, so don't think it will go away.
LOL that's hilarious...I'm sure it made good business sense 60 years ago but how many Catholics still observe the Friday-fish-day "rule" nowadays.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1706 posts
2014 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: LOL that's hilarious...I'm sure it made good business sense 60 years ago but how many Catholics still observe the Friday-fish-day "rule" nowadays.
True enough especially when you are talking about "meat" and McDs. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes Although probably true of a lot of places now with the use of fillers....
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2358 posts
956 upvotes
Toronto
molly123 wrote: Anyone had it recently? They don't even put a full slice of cheese on it anymore...you get a sliver! And damn...eating at McDees has gotten expensive!!!
It's 1/2 slice of cheese and it's been that way since at least the mid 90s when I was trained on how to make them. The prices have gone up but the way the sandwiches are prepared doesn't seem to have been changed.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
[OP]
Mar 16, 2006
125 posts
44 upvotes
Scarborough
well, then my mistake...though it looks more like a quarter slice :facepalm:
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
28884 posts
14444 upvotes
Toronto
I also think the fish itself is smaller nowadays. It's like 3 bites and gone.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12468 posts
7247 upvotes
Markham
molly123 wrote: well, then my mistake...though it looks more like a quarter slice :facepalm:
Did you order it via UBER Eats or some other deliver service...maybe someone else did the eating for you? LOL
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jun 4, 2020
746 posts
661 upvotes
Clarington, ON
maple1 wrote: The filet was created to keep Roman Catholic customers coming in on Fridays when they would typically abstain from meat, so don't think it will go away.

Friday.... you mean steak night?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2639 posts
448 upvotes
its actually one of the sandwich i like eating at McD, but only when i have a coupon. Yes, its so small and not filing, can eat the whole thing in 2-3 bites. Not all McDs carry it, the one inside the Atrium on Bay food court does not have it, i have to go over to the busy Eaton Centre to get it. Also, McD at Atrium on Bay finally closed down.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7239 posts
4473 upvotes
Victoria, BC
molly123 wrote: Anyone had it recently? They don't even put a full slice of cheese on it anymore...you get a sliver! And damn...eating at McDees has gotten expensive!!!
I am 50 and have been eating them since the 1970s. They have always had a 1/2 slice of cheese on them - always.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7239 posts
4473 upvotes
Victoria, BC
booblehead wrote: It's been like that for many, many years.
It has been like that since day 1. OP doesn't know what they are talking about.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7239 posts
4473 upvotes
Victoria, BC
ds2chan wrote: It's 1/2 slice of cheese and it's been that way since at least the mid 90s when I was trained on how to make them. The prices have gone up but the way the sandwiches are prepared doesn't seem to have been changed.
It has always been that way, since long before the mid-90s.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
28884 posts
14444 upvotes
Toronto
I recalled way, way back when .... the cheese slice was bigger
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2358 posts
956 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: I recalled way, way back when .... the cheese slice was bigger
That's a possibility. Instead of changing the prices some places changes the size of the food. I have noticed that pizzas are really small now too.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"