Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE (PSN/Amazon/EB) 52.49-54.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2020 9:01 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2308 posts
1067 upvotes
Toronto

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE (PSN/Amazon/EB) 52.49-54.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
Expiry:
August 20, 2020
Final Fantasy VII Remake goes on sale for the first time on PSN!

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/pro ... EMAKE00000
Last edited by heywhatsmyname on Aug 5th, 2020 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
101 replies
Oct 16, 2006
315 posts
334 upvotes
Waterloo
Price in title

Great deal! Hoping for last of Us 2!
Nov 7, 2011
865 posts
919 upvotes
British Columbia
alucky17 wrote: Was waiting for this - thx OP.
I regret buying it at full price. It's basically the first disc of the original game. Better graphics, cheesy dialogue that worked better with low rez sprites. I'm a ff7 fanatic and I feel ripped off. I've had the game for months and I still haven't finished it. I
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
4026 posts
1858 upvotes
Great game... battle system is fun and if you liked the original ffvii, its a fantastic love letter to the original.

Takes about 40-50 hours to complete if you're taking your time.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5147 posts
1069 upvotes
is this remake worth ruining my memory of the original?
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Mar 21, 2012
705 posts
678 upvotes
Edmonton
The Tee Daught wrote: I regret buying it at full price. It's basically the first disc of the original game. Better graphics, cheesy dialogue that worked better with low rez sprites. I'm a ff7 fanatic and I feel ripped off. I've had the game for months and I still haven't finished it. I
to each their own. i thought it was amazing how this game brought the characters to life. The original is cheesy too, you just didn't realize it because you played it when you were a kid.

It's also not realistic to produce a game with this graphical fidelity at a scale like the original. This game has 50 hours of content. The original wasn't much shorter.
'
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3158 posts
6406 upvotes
Dialogue is better in Japanese IMO, could have been better but was a decent remake overall.
Oct 27, 2018
77 posts
114 upvotes
Definitely worth it. I never played the original, but this game brings so much personality to the characters and world. Soundtrack is amazing and the battle system is so fluid. My only issue with the game is the motorcycle segments (there's only two of them which take up 30min out of a 40-60hr game), which just felt clunky and not in line with the rest of the battle system. This game makes me want to buy a PS5 for the next part. Can't wait for the TSO concert next year for this game's soundtrack.
Mar 9, 2010
80 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
The Tee Daught wrote: I regret buying it at full price. It's basically the first disc of the original game. Better graphics, cheesy dialogue that worked better with low rez sprites. I'm a ff7 fanatic and I feel ripped off. I've had the game for months and I still haven't finished it. I
Technically it doesn't go anywhere as far as the first disc of the original game Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes In the original, the first disc goes all the way through the first continent to another continent, passing through Gold Saucer, etc. Whereas the remake only goes up to end of Midgar.

With that said, they've really expanded on everything that happens in Midgar. For instance, after the bombing of the first reactor, the original game had a pretty short scene for Cloud to meet up with the rest of Avalanche on the train to get back to Sector 7. In the remake, this is made quite a lot longer as Cloud ventures through the streets to get around the wreckage caused by the reactor explosion and also to get away from Shinra Security.

In terms of gameplay, the default is much more like an action game. There's a lot of additional quirks and changes to the other gameplay systems such as weapons, which can be upgraded, and material, where there are a lot of different kinds with different effects.

Of course, graphics are amazing and I'm happy with the voice acting. It's also a lot of fun to see how they adapted some of the story that previously required a lot of our imagination, most notably Cloud cross-dressing.

Overall, I love the game and have put in many many hours into it. I would say it was a good buy even at the full price. My only concern so far is the deviation from the original story.
Apr 28, 2012
270 posts
362 upvotes
MONTREAL
People need to research a little bit more before bashing the game saying it is incomplete. It has been stated numerous times that this game only covers the Midgar section. It added a lot of padding to make the game 30-40 hours long (50 if you really.. really.. really.... take your time).

Some new players also think they can totally skip out on FF7 OG, crisis core, Dirge of cerberus, FF7 : The Kids Are Alright (a book !) and play FF7 straight up. Oh boy do I feel bad for those people. Without spoiling anything, if you want a full experience, you better have some knowledge on the previous titles or you will be missing out on a LOT of references.

Most online reviews have already stated that this game is a good 8/10, it's very good but not groundbreaking era-defining game that FF7 OG once was. It has a lot of fan service (the good type), great references, amazing graphics and amazing VAs (both JP and ENG).

I can't stress this enough, but if you have knowledge of previous titles, you will feel a lot more satisfied.
Jul 11, 2018
174 posts
124 upvotes
Mars
Great game
Please save everyone this time.
I'm too old to take tragedy.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1341 posts
854 upvotes
Waterloo
Great game, I bought it for $70 off Kijiji a few months back (and sold it to recoup most of the costs afterwards) and thought it was worth it at that price. For ~$50 it's a no-brainer.

For context, beating all the content and getting all the trophies took me a little over 50 hours, and my first playthrough was about 30 hours.
Feb 26, 2018
120 posts
244 upvotes
it was worth it at full price. great deal. the remake of the first part expanded on character development far more than what the original had. than itself is worth investing time this second time around. not to mention the new pretty graphics as a bonus
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
4026 posts
1858 upvotes
akz wrote: is this remake worth ruining my memory of the original?
It might make it better...after playing this, it's pretty close to taking top spot as my fav FF, though it plays nothing like any JRPG.

Story plays well, some slow points during side mission stuff... and it is very anime in terms of tone.

The graphics are stunning as well as the character models. I recently rewatched Advent Children and that movie does not hold up graphically compared to this (so though it didnt ruin my memory of ff 7, it did for the movie)

Took me about 52 hours to finish the first round for me (but i took my time and did everything i could without a guide). Giving it a breather before trying hard mode.
Dec 23, 2008
413 posts
560 upvotes
Vancouver
sweeet! just what i was waiting for! thanks op

picked up digital copy and saved the tax! ;)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)