• Auto-save feature
  • Turbo mode
ImageImage

Comparison:
ImageImage

Remaster Staff:
Producer: Kato Hiroshi Akira
Director: Takashi Katano
Art Direction: Takahashi Ryotaro (CGStyle Co., Ltd.)
Technical Direction: Iwamura Shizuki
Game design: Jun Akiyama
Composer: Hitoshi Sakimoto (Basis Cape)
Music Editor: Kawamori Yoshi
Sound effects direction: Tomohiro Yajima
Movie direction: Ikkō Igomori
Supervisor: Hiroyuki Ito, Hiroshi Minagawa

Here is what the IZJS system adds:

System
Addition of a "Zodiac Job System" featuring twelve jobs with individual License Boards corresponding to twelve Zodiac signs.
Addition of a 16:9 widescreen mode.
Addition of three new game modes:
Trial Mode - a 100 stage gauntlet unlocked after clearing the original game. Features a new battle against all five Judge Magisters was also added.
New Game+ Strong Mode - unlocked after clearing the original game. All characters start at level 90 and level up normally. Nothing but configuration settings are carried over.
New Game+ Weak Mode - unlocked after clearing Trial Mode. All characters start at level 1 and never level up. Nothing but configuration settings are carried over.
Pressing L1 will speed up gameplay. Conversations and events continue to play at normal speed.
The game features English voices. Some previously unvoiced event scenes now feature voices and new scenes have been added.
Quickening doesn't consume MP. Now they use their own Mist gauge similarly to Limit Breaks from previous Final Fantasy titles.
Several changes have been made to the UI. Windows that were previously blue with a white border are now a solid 'moss blue' color.
In the battlefield menu, character job names are now displayed next to character portraits and the LEADER text has been replaced. The charge time gauge is green instead of orange when filling. There is a new, separate mist charge gauge in place of the HP and MP gauges, which have been removed.
The party menu screen now features Job names and LP amounts. Overflowing status icons are displayed over top of them. Mist charges are rectangular instead of round and change color when filled.

Characters
Playable characters' starting LP, consumables, gil, gambits, equipment, and licenses have been modified.
Playable characters' base stats have been altered
Guests have undergone a number of changes
They can gain EXP and level up like normal characters.
They come equipped with better equipment. For example, both Lamont and Reddas can now attack flying targets with their basic attacks.
In general, guests are now capable of using a wider variety of magicks and abilities.
The player obtains consumables and gil from guests who join the party.
Guests consume the player's items.

Battle system
Many magick spells and technicks have been tweaked, renamed and recategorized. Also, Green Magicks spells can only be purchased from the Clan Provisioner.
The following magicks and technicks are only found inside treasures chests:
White Magicks: Renew, Cleanse, Dispel, Despelga, Protectga, Shellga, Bravery, Faith, Regen, Holy.
Black Magicks: Flare, Scathe, Blind, Blindga, Silence, Silencega, Sleep, Sleepga, Poison, Toxify.
Time Magicks: Haste, Hastega, Countdown, Float, Vanish, Reflect, Reflectga, Balance, Warp.
Arcane Magicks: Death, Ardor.
Technicks: Telekinesis, Numerology, Sight Unseeing, Charm, Achilles, Infuse, Gil Toss, 1000 Needles, Revive, Stamp, Shades of Black, Bonecrusher, Wither, Addle, Expose, Shear.
Certain gambits have been renamed and sixteen new gambits are available and all can be bought after leaving the Barheim Passage. Also, gambits can no longer be found in treasure chests.
Obtaining Quickenings no longer affects max MP and mist charges do not diminish when MP is consumed (unless the player is affected by a reversed Elixir or Megaelixir). The player's MP is also unaffected by the depletion of mist charges. However, effects that recover the player's MP will also restore mist charges. One mist charge is granted each time the amount recovered totals the player's maximum MP. Effects that fully restore a player's MP recover all mist charges.
Espers' have been tweaked and their summon durations have been increased from one minute and thirty seconds to four minutes and ten seconds. Adjustments have been made to stat parameters, gambits, augments, and actions. Also, they now require MP to cast magicks.
Certain Concurrences now require fewer Quickenings to activate.
Certain status effect and item relationships have been changed.
Certain status effects have had their duration formulas adjusted.
Almost all attacks now break the damage limit by default.
Unarmed combat has been adjusted.
Battle chains begin at 2 instead of 1. The first monster defeated is considered the first chain, although nothing is displayed until a subsequent monster is defeated. Drop rate modifiers associated with chains have also been adjusted.
Many enemies have been slightly tweaked but new ones have not been added (aside from Trial Mode). Changes include adjustments to parameters, magicks, technicks, augments, movement patterns, as well as steal and drop items. In some cases, players will need to adopt new strategies against monsters.
For example: Safety no longer nullifies Numerology, Wither, and Addle.
Poles and Spears can now hit flying-type monsters.

Items
New items have been added.
Several equipment pieces were added, while some available in the original release were removed or tweaked a little.
Many shops had their assortments changed.
Treasures respawn by moving just one area away as opposed to two. Many treasures were moved around, changed the items they can give, or were removed altogether.

Missions and Sidequests
Rewards for hunts underwent minor changes.
Numerous sidequests feature different rewards.

Locations
Treasure chests are now in different locations and contain different items.
IZJS has 753 more chests, bringing the total number of chests to 1,676.
With the Diamond Armlet equipped, the chance of obtaining gil instead of
Certain weather effects occur under different conditions.
There are more traps throughout the map.
The Baknamy merchant in Necrohol of Nabudis is located in the Cloister of the Highborn instead of the Hall of Effulgent Light.
23 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
2227 posts
1432 upvotes
OMG. i'm gonna get a PS4 just for this game. :cheesygri
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad." :-0
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2656 posts
853 upvotes
Chatham
I wish I understood why this wouldn't have been an E3 conference announcement for Sony. Doesn't make sense to me. But who cares!! we're getting FF12 IZJS!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6747 posts
487 upvotes
GT'eh
OMG!!!..I can't wait for this either, this is in my top 3 fav FF games. I loved the gambit system, sadly it never came back after XII, glad they tweaked it brought in some new ones. This had some of the toughest villains and longest battles ever in the FF universe (I recall spending 2-3+ hours just taking down a side quest boss). I wished they would re-release every FF game with gambit system. This was a highly slept on and often hated FF title due to the insane difficulty. Not sure how the Zodiac job system works since we never got that with the US release.

I hope they give Vaan the option of wearing other armour or in game gear instead of his annoying in a crop top/vest.
Now I'll most likely cancel/resell FFXV p/o and wait for this + FFVII reboot instead.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20772 posts
4895 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Another Remaster? Ain't about time for a new Final Fantasy game?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
FINALLY.

I loved this game. Definitely gonna pick up. Loved the art style and the story.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
sandikosh wrote: Another Remaster? Ain't about time for a new Final Fantasy game?
No way, they no longer make good Final Fantasy games. I'd rather have remakes of the good old ones.

Final Fantasy 13.....*shudders* What a joke of a game that was.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
991 upvotes
Vaughan
Oh good, I was just thinking that I wanted another remastered game for my PS4. Not enough of those on the platform to be honest.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3100 posts
594 upvotes
Ottawa
No PC version. Well, it's only a matter of time, surely?

Are any of those new features not included in the original JPN-only IZJS version?
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18852 posts
2127 upvotes
Tibbs wrote: I wish I understood why this wouldn't have been an E3 conference announcement for Sony. Doesn't make sense to me. But who cares!! we're getting FF12 IZJS!
E3's significance has dropped over the years as more companies have doing their own thing outside of the show. This way, they can do it at their own time and not have their announcement buried with dozens of other announcements.
Jorpho wrote: No PC version. Well, it's only a matter of time, surely?

Are any of those new features not included in the original JPN-only IZJS version?
I certainly hope it'll come to PC. I was a number of hours into the game on PS2 but life happened and I never got back to it. Don't want to be forced to buy a PS4 to enjoy just this and Uncharted.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2016 posts
663 upvotes
Toronto
Tibbs wrote: I wish I understood why this wouldn't have been an E3 conference announcement for Sony. Doesn't make sense to me. But who cares!! we're getting FF12 IZJS!
There will be plenty of new games being announced at E3. Square Enix probably did not want the FF12 remaster to be drowned in other news. FF12 does not have the universal appeal of FF7.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9246 posts
3699 upvotes
I'm actually more excited for FF12 Remastered than Final Fantasy XV.

My skepticism of FF XV from what I have played and seen so far, comes from the playable cast that look like they are a J-Pop boy band on a
"dude, where's my chocobo?" road trip.

FF12 has a varied group of playable characters, uses olde-style English, and has parallels with Star Wars in terms of design.
sandikosh wrote: Another Remaster? Ain't about time for a new Final Fantasy game?

One of the best game endings ever as well:
Aug 20, 2009
8294 posts
3242 upvotes
Awesome, this is one of the best PS2 games and an excellent JRPG. I hope they do something nuts for the collectors edition, I really want to own it.
No PC version. Well, it's only a matter of time, surely?
They'll definitely do one at some point, Square-Enix is getting pretty good about ports.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
XFactor11 wrote: I'm actually more excited for FF12 Remastered than Final Fantasy XV.

My skepticism of FF XV from what I have played and seen so far, comes from the playable cast that look like they are a J-Pop boy band on a
"dude, where's my chocobo?" road trip.

FF12 has a varied group of playable characters, uses olde-style English, and has parallels with Star Wars in terms of design.

One of the best game endings ever as well:
+1,

I feel like FF12 was one of the few J RPGs with a truly mature cast of characters. It's too bad they added androgynous bimbo Vaan near the end to satisfy...Japanese tastes (I guess?)

But the main character was supposed to be Basch originally I think. I really liked FF12 alot. Was nice to (almost) not have to deal with any bimbo Yo! J-pop kids. FF XV looks unappealing to me.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6747 posts
487 upvotes
GT'eh
Hopefully they do something for collectors, I still have the massive collectors guide and Steelcase collectors edition for PS3.

Interesting about Vaan, didn't know he was added as an after thought, at times it kinda felt like Basch was more main character, Vaan seemed like an out of place pop singer and that crop top vest, what were they thinking? maybe that's the fashion that was hot during that era.

This FF title went under the radar, not a lot of people played it or liked the gambit system. The gambit made the grinding not so tedious, and if they are adding a turbo mode, I can't wait.

For me, this was the last great JRPG /FF for me, I enjoyed XII much more than XIII, XIII-2, XIV etc..
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
Neovingian wrote: Hopefully they do something for collectors, I still have the massive collectors guide and Steelcase collectors edition for PS3.

Interesting about Vaan, didn't know he was added as an after thought, at times it kinda felt like Basch was more main character, Vaan seemed like an out of place pop singer and that crop top vest, what were they thinking? maybe that's the fashion that was hot during that era.

This FF title went under the radar, not a lot of people played it or liked the gambit system. The gambit made the grinding not so tedious, and if they are adding a turbo mode, I can't wait.

For me, this was the last great JRPG /FF for me, I enjoyed XII much more than XIII, XIII-2, XIV etc..
Yep, if you notice Vaan was basically irrelevant to the story lol. Literally. He was just literally "tagging along" for no real reason. The main character was originally gonna be Bosch I think.

Having a manly man with facial hair and no make-up as the main character of a JRPG? Oh the horror. Was way too controversial for Square Enix apparently :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2390 posts
394 upvotes
The main character was supposed to be Ashe narratively, and there was no MC mechanically as the game was originally planned.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18852 posts
2127 upvotes
SuperDuperFox wrote: Yep, if you notice Vaan was basically irrelevant to the story lol. Literally. He was just literally "tagging along" for no real reason. The main character was originally gonna be Bosch I think.

Having a manly man with facial hair and no make-up as the main character of a JRPG? Oh the horror. Was way too controversial for Square Enix apparently :lol:
The manly man in a JRPG (as well as manga and anime) is usually a comical goon.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed