Financial Education *ISO Advice

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2018 10:05 pm
[OP]
Apr 9, 2012
357 posts
116 upvotes

Financial Education *ISO Advice

Long story short, after university and years of trying to scrape by and get ahead I now find my self in a position to start investing in my future. With tax season I have been looking into RRSP's and my TFSA is empty and ready to go to work.

I do not have a business degree but I think I would be good at investing once I get a good feel for it. I have been researching where I can but I feel like there might be some useful resources out there that could give me a jump start on the principles of investing.

Sites like wealthsimple look appealing but I would like a bit more control.

I do not mind paying for a good foundation and am motivated to learn.

I would greatly appreciate and help I could get. Online learning is preferable but book or even textbook recommendations would suffice.
2 replies
Aug 17, 2006
482 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
Are you considering active investing or day trading as a career or passive investing (couch potato)?
[OP]
Apr 9, 2012
357 posts
116 upvotes
tweep0 wrote: Are you considering active investing or day trading as a career or passive investing (couch potato)?
I think to start maybe 60/40 passive to active. With more comfort and experience I would like to take what ever approach is working best. From what I have seen, the DIY approach carries less fees and more control. Obviously I need to balance risk and will probably pick up some ETF's in the next couple of days. Instant 20% ROA vs paying tax for me.