• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2021 5:26 pm
[OP]
Apr 20, 2011
385 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto

Find the dates of G1/G2 license

I am shopping around for new insurance and one of the question that keep coming up is the dates when i and my wife got their G1/G2 an G. My wife doesn't remember any of her dates. is there a way to figure those out?
8 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1554 posts
812 upvotes
call or goto a service ontario location and ask?
- Insert Something here so you will be able to recognize me.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
9310 posts
1879 upvotes
Ontario
yes, go to service ontario and ask for a "drivers history report" not a "drivers abstract".... As a Broker, I can only see the G1 date on your abstract, you'll need the other to show the G2 and G if there is one
hyph3n wrote: I am shopping around for new insurance and one of the question that keep coming up is the dates when i and my wife got their G1/G2 an G. My wife doesn't remember any of her dates. is there a way to figure those out?
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 35 years experience
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1540 posts
789 upvotes
Get a driver abstract from Service Ontario. In person is immediate, mail can take 4 weeks. Not sure if you can get it from the kiosks or if the kiosks are even functional - thought they closed them because of fraud but unsure.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
vernonco wrote: Get a driver abstract from Service Ontario. In person is immediate, mail can take 4 weeks. Not sure if you can get it from the kiosks or if the kiosks are even functional - thought they closed them because of fraud but unsure.
Drivers History Report, not a Drivers Abstract.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1540 posts
789 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: Drivers History Report, not a Drivers Abstract.
Sorry, yes. Thanks for the correction.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2015
1146 posts
1491 upvotes
90.00° N, 135.00° W
Good thing I kept those yellow test sheet saying you pass/fail. Of course I burn those failed sheets Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
9310 posts
1879 upvotes
Ontario
a drivers abstract shows convictions... you need a drivers history report per my original reply
vernonco wrote: Get a driver abstract from Service Ontario. In person is immediate, mail can take 4 weeks. Not sure if you can get it from the kiosks or if the kiosks are even functional - thought they closed them because of fraud but unsure.
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 35 years experience
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4626 posts
4879 upvotes
GTA
When I was shopping around I just estimated. I know I got my G1 right after my 16th birthday, my G2 a year later (technically 8 months having gone to driving school), and full G a year after that. None of the insurance companies asked anything further, even the company I ultimately signed with.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)