Careers

Finding temp jobs possible as I have travel plans in future?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2016 10:32 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 18, 2013
55 posts
4 upvotes

Finding temp jobs possible as I have travel plans in future?

Hi guys,

I'm from India with a 3 year Canadian work permit as I recently got a Ms in A/c and Finance from Ontario. I'm returning to Canada next month and will be basically jobless to begin with. I don't want a permanent job just as yet, because I will be visiting US for a month or so in July, and India for ~3 months in December. I just want to know what kind of a plan I should have? Should I get a temp a/c finance related job for May/June, and then another one from Aug-November? How easy are such jobs to find? And what specific posts should I be looking at? I've previous been an accounting assistant in a CA firm in India with 2.5 years work experience.

Should I join Sutherland as a CSR or something instead for these small periods while I'm travelling to and fro? Or is it better to just seek something in the accounting field itself?

Finally, I want to brush up my resume and make it look real good to be able to find a job starting May 1. Any website/agency suggestions you guys might have? Should I also approach headhunting firms or are they useless?

Thank you so much!
3 replies
Aug 7, 2011
789 posts
359 upvotes
Don't think such 2-3 month period jobs exist. Best to apply for everything you see and go from there. Accounting and finance jobs are tough to come by even for many local grads.
Nov 19, 2011
295 posts
66 upvotes
Calgary
Short jobs liked that will probably be hard to find maybe something like physical labor might be easier to get and do short term, you can search but some how doubt your ganna find a contract for that small period but I may be wrong.
[OP]
Apr 18, 2013
55 posts
4 upvotes
I know..What about jobs at Sutherland or something?