None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2015
1021 posts
308 upvotes
Canadian in USA

Finding your US credit score

I am in the US on a work visa, I have A SSN, several credit cards, and a good credit score. My wife is on a dependent visa, she has an ITIN and is an authorized user on several of my US cards.

I have no trouble getting my US credit score with my SSN, but I haven't been able to find a way to learn her credit score. The sites I've found so far aren't accepting her ITIN or can't find any data on her.

Presumably she DOES have a score, likely a good one, from being AU on my cards.

But how to find out what it is?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5781 posts
5284 upvotes
rj2wells wrote: I am in the US on a work visa, I have A SSN, several credit cards, and a good credit score. My wife is on a dependent visa, she has an ITIN and is an authorized user on several of my US cards.

I have no trouble getting my US credit score with my SSN, but I haven't been able to find a way to learn her credit score. The sites I've found so far aren't accepting her ITIN or can't find any data on her.

Presumably she DOES have a score, likely a good one, from being AU on my cards.

But how to find out what it is?
As far as I know, you need an SSN in order to build US credit score.

I thought authorized users on credit cards never build their credit score - its always only the primary cardholder, as it is in Canada? (except for the rarely seen joint credit card)
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
1146 posts
354 upvotes
try creditkarma.com.... but you might still need SSN.... not sure if it would work with ITIN

Edit: Not sure if being authorized user on someone else's account will build your credit profile though....
Oct 19, 2015
195 posts
102 upvotes
Transunion.com

Will give you your credit report for all 3 bureaus. Equifax transunion and experian . You do need your social security number and an address as usual.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2015
1021 posts
308 upvotes
Canadian in USA
Being an AU on a US credit card definitely build credit. The US credit forums have endless threads about it.

But whether it works with an ITIN. I don't know.

Like I said, I have no problem getting MY score with my SSN from Karma and similar, but I have trouble finding her file.

I am hoping that one of the folks here who has built US credit from Canada will have some ideas on what actually works for someone like my wife who has an ITIN.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5781 posts
5284 upvotes
rj2wells wrote: Being an AU on a US credit card definitely build credit. The US credit forums have endless threads about it
Not necessarily. Some US cards work that way; however, some FIs don't have even report AU cards to the bureau.