[Fine Dining] What is the best vegetarian restaurant in Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2016 10:16 am
[OP]
Mar 5, 2009
369 posts
124 upvotes

[Fine Dining] What is the best vegetarian restaurant in Toronto

I am looking for an upscale vegetarian restaurant in Toronto at a high price range. This will be for a special event. Do any restaurants exist like this in Toronto? All the fine dining places I've seen serve mostly meat eaters. I'm willing to travel outside of Toronto as well (as far as Stratford Ontario).
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
2847 posts
371 upvotes
Toronto
Any decent restaurant can do a vegetarian option. However, are you looking for a restaurant that is exclusively vegetarian?
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14943 posts
2865 upvotes
Toronto
This place is great, but it might not be upscale enough. ➡ http://www.annapurna.ca/ (it's also small)
It never hurts to give them a call and let them know what you're looking for.
They might have a few ideas for you...
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1076 posts
537 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Not sure if there any "upscale" veggie-only restaurants around here but there some restaurants that offer a good variety.

Woodlot has a separate vegetarian menu. It's been hit-or-miss the last few times I went though.

Byblos also has a lot of good veggie options if you like middle eastern food. Plenty of high end Italian places will have decent vegetarian items too.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
1938 posts
535 upvotes
Toronto
Good food and a decent atmosphere at Fresh (the Eglinton location is nicest).
Also check out Vegetarian Haven, it's my go-to place for birthdays and special occasions.
There's also Vidya's Veggie Gourmet Restaurant in Barrie. Nice place and good food.
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10983 posts
1084 upvotes
wrote:
Sep 25th, 2016 10:03 pm
Any decent restaurant can do a vegetarian option.
Best to call them ahead of time and arange for a vegetarian dinner. If given time, many can create something special for you.

OP, check out actinolite. Not vegetarian but I think they can work with you. Same with woodlot.