• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2021 2:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
15366 posts
3845 upvotes

Fire TV Cube remote control stop working to turn on/off TV

About using the remote control to turn off TV, it was working a while after upgraded the firmware then all of sudden today I cant turn off the TV. CEC is enable and I didnt make any change.

When i try to reconfigure, it is diff than before and now Alex is taking over to control to turn on/off the TV and soundbar which I dont like it. Wondering if anyone is having the same issue?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
5 replies
Jul 31, 2017
779 posts
331 upvotes
If it won't turn TV on/off it is the batteries. Everything else might work, but on/off is the first thing to go (volume is second). I used to be the head of tech support for a cable/internet provider and this was invariably the issue.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
15366 posts
3845 upvotes
SkynyrdsInyrds wrote: If it won't turn TV on/off it is the batteries. Everything else might work, but on/off is the first thing to go (volume is second). I used to be the head of tech support for a cable/internet provider and this was invariably the issue.
Odd...cause other buttons are working..only CEC to on/off TV and soundbar stop working. I will replace the battery later and try
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
15366 posts
3845 upvotes
SkynyrdsInyrds wrote: If it won't turn TV on/off it is the batteries. Everything else might work, but on/off is the first thing to go (volume is second). I used to be the head of tech support for a cable/internet provider and this was invariably the issue.
it works after replaced with new batteries!!!..thank you
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jul 31, 2017
779 posts
331 upvotes
kiasu wrote: Odd...cause other buttons are working..only CEC to on/off TV and soundbar stop working. I will replace the battery later and try

As I said, power is almost always the first thing to go. Volume is almost always second.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
1832 posts
1245 upvotes
Southern Ontario
SkynyrdsInyrds wrote: As I said, power is almost always the first thing to go. Volume is almost always second.
I find Alkaline batteries work better in my Remotes nowadays but it'll cost you more money than modern rechargeable batteries in the long run. Depends if you are like me with tons of remotes for Firestick, Android Box, TV, Stereo, BluRay, etc.

Especially the AAA, I find Alkaline to be better.

My TV remote does weird things when the batteries get low.