• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 12:21 am
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 27, 2018
14 posts
6 upvotes

Fire TV Stick 4K ?

Has anyone seen it the Fire TV Stick 4K will be on sale for BD?
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6418 posts
2815 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Check Best Buy BD ad now available in flyers
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14604 posts
27426 upvotes
Scarborough
Haven't seen anything yet but I'd be shocked if at least one retailer didn't have it on sale. The only question is, will it be down to $35 like on Black Friday or the $45-50 regular sale price?
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
May 30, 2011
577 posts
185 upvotes
Winnipeg
This is what I want to. I asked my GF to order one when she was placing an amazon order and she ordered the regular one and not the 4K.
Sep 18, 2017
16 posts
6 upvotes
Is the fire tv stick the best way to get Netflix on a non smart tv for and elderly person?
Nov 18, 2017
988 posts
650 upvotes
User790281 wrote: Is the fire tv stick the best way to get Netflix on a non smart tv for and elderly person?
My opinion it's the best way to turn a non-Smart TV into one, no matter what age. It's small, the bluetooth remote is great and you can use voice controls.
Sep 18, 2017
16 posts
6 upvotes
Canadacomputers BD flyer has the regular for $35 and 4K for $55
Jul 11, 2011
64 posts
11 upvotes
Stittsville, ON
iamsiege wrote: My opinion it's the best way to turn a non-Smart TV into one, no matter what age. It's small, the bluetooth remote is great and you can use voice controls.
It's a great way to 'refresh' and older Smart TV as well to get newer apps and an overall faster more user friendly experience.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
2770 posts
3487 upvotes
Calgary
iamsiege wrote: My opinion it's the best way to turn a non-Smart TV into one, no matter what age. It's small, the bluetooth remote is great and you can use voice controls.
Indeed. Let's be real, most seniors aren't exactly tech-fluent, but if they can operate a TV remote, they should have no issues operating the the Fire TV.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3852 posts
2402 upvotes
Vancouver
TomRFD wrote: Haven't seen anything yet but I'd be shocked if at least one retailer didn't have it on sale. The only question is, will it be down to $35 like on Black Friday or the $45-50 regular sale price?
Seems like regular sale price. Except for Walmart, RCSS, etc most already have their flyers out and the ads show them at regular price or regular sale price (if listed). Maybe amazon will put it on sale during Boxing Day. They had quite a few of the best deals Black Friday and a lot of them weren’t in flyer/pre announced sales.
Nov 21, 2018
303 posts
147 upvotes
I picked an extra one up on black friday for $35. I definitely recommend it to anyone. I have 4 of them now. So convenient and easy to use. I got one for both my elderly in laws. If they can use it, anyone can. Even for regular sale price it is perfect.
Nov 8, 2016
101 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
I have old tv and trying to find a way to watch disney plus on it so kids don't have to watch it on their laptops.
If I buy this Fire Stick 4k or Google Chromecast, would I be able to watch Disney plus on non smart tv.. which one is better.

Also I noticed fire stick has two models 4k and standard .. my tv is not 4k at all so would I get any benefit if I buy firestick 4k
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
9160 posts
3414 upvotes
paulchi wrote: It's a great way to 'refresh' and older Smart TV as well to get newer apps and an overall faster more user friendly experience.
Yup. I refreshed my "aging" NU8000 with one 6 months ago, and couldn't be happier.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6418 posts
2815 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Saheest wrote: I have old tv and trying to find a way to watch disney plus on it so kids don't have to watch it on their laptops.
If I buy this Fire Stick 4k or Google Chromecast, would I be able to watch Disney plus on non smart tv.. which one is better.

Also I noticed fire stick has two models 4k and standard .. my tv is not 4k at all so would I get any benefit if I buy firestick 4k
Get 4k version even if tv not 4k... better specs.

Yes can watch Disney+, Netflix, etc on fire stick 4k... just need to download thru apps
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
4482 posts
1050 upvotes
Guelph, ON
User790281 wrote: Is the fire tv stick the best way to get Netflix on a non smart tv for and elderly person?
I would say the Roku is better. More user friendly and certain models also offer a headphone jack in the remote which is super handy.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2006
1491 posts
683 upvotes
sixer wrote: I would say the Roku is better. More user friendly and certain models also offer a headphone jack in the remote which is super handy.
Roku would be only better if you need that headphone jack. Otherwise I found stick with Fire Stick better as it also controls my sound bar and the TV. With one of our TV set Roku running for 3-4 years. It's a great device. On my office room the tv has 1st Gen Google Chrome cast - I had 3 things TV remote, Sounder Bar Remote and use phone to control the cast. I bought non-4k Stick as it supports Apple TV. I was so glad that I don't have to keep 2-3 remotes around me.
Nov 8, 2016
101 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
Lowest price so far is $54 on Amazon for 4k version .. anyone recall what was the price for it during BF ? just wondering if I should buy it now and worth to wait for couple of more days and hoping Amazon is not putting it back to regular price...
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
2920 posts
910 upvotes
Saheest wrote: Lowest price so far is $54 on Amazon for 4k version .. anyone recall what was the price for it during BF ? just wondering if I should buy it now and worth to wait for couple of more days and hoping Amazon is not putting it back to regular price...
$35 during BF
Nov 8, 2016
101 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
Thanks.. I'll be waiting .. hoping Amazon may drop the price to $35.