• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2021 4:18 pm
Thread Summary
IPTV discussion posts are NOT allowed on RFD and will be removed
693 replies
Oct 20, 2018
278 posts
122 upvotes
This is a sweet deal! Thanks for sharing!
Apr 20, 2008
577 posts
496 upvotes
Is it worth the $15 extra from the non-max? Hmmm...I don't have wifi 6 yet....
Oct 7, 2015
709 posts
662 upvotes
Vanier, ON
Thanks, don't forget to use TD rewards points to activate coupon for extra 40% off (YMMV).
Last edited by x8ssJoe on Nov 19th, 2021 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 11, 2020
351 posts
721 upvotes
198886 wrote: Is it worth the $15 extra from the non-max? Hmmm...I don't have wifi 6 yet....
Yes and you get dolby atmos on netflix + extra 0.5 gb of ram which is is what I needed.

Upvoted + insta bought
I buy what I need , but mostly what I don't need #RFDlife
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
1695 posts
467 upvotes
HotDealFreak wrote: Yes and you get dolby atmos on netflix + extra 0.5 gb of ram which is is what I needed.
So you need a TV that support atmos I guess? I have two of the regular 4Ks.
Oct 20, 2018
278 posts
122 upvotes
198886 wrote: Is it worth the $15 extra from the non-max? Hmmm...I don't have wifi 6 yet....
Cpu is much faster and more memory but most importantly user interface/experience is much faster when scrolling and opening apps!
Oct 15, 2015
171 posts
662 upvotes
Annnnd this is the BF sale that I was waiting for.

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2119 posts
255 upvotes
can this stick use with usb external drives for downloaded movies like mkv h256 files…
will this work? watch HD movies from external drives
thanksSmiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Chinese Food+MSG=Good Food :rolleyes:
Nov 1, 2016
573 posts
532 upvotes
I would pay $15 more than the 4K one to get better performance and Wifi 6 for future proof.

https://www.amazon.ca/fire-tv-stick-4k- ... 169&sr=8-1

Our most powerful streaming stick - 40% more powerful than Fire TV Stick 4K, with faster app starts and more fluid navigation.
Support for next-gen Wi-Fi 6 - Enjoy smoother 4K streaming across multiple Wi-Fi 6 devices.
Cinematic experience - Watch in vibrant 4K Ultra HD with support for Dolby Vision, HDR, HDR10+ and immersive Dolby Atmos audio.
Endless entertainment - Stream more than 500,000 movies and TV episodes. Watch favourites from Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, CTV, and more, plus listen to millions of songs. Subscription fees may apply.
Live and free TV - Watch live TV, news, and sports with subscriptions to Bell Fibe TV, Sportsnet, CBC Gem, Red Bull TV, and others. Stream for free with ad-supported apps like YouTube, CBC Gem, ICI TOU.TV, and Tubi.
Alexa Voice Remote - Search and launch content with your voice. Get to favourite apps quickly with preset buttons. Control power and volume with one remote.
Do more with your smart home - View the front door camera without stopping your show using Live View Picture-in-Picture. Ask Alexa to check the weather or dim the lights.
Game on - Fluid gameplay and fast-rendering graphics with a 750Mhz GPU.
Sep 11, 2020
351 posts
721 upvotes
Squeeky wrote: So you need a TV that support atmos I guess? I have two of the regular 4Ks.
For TVs you need dolby vision support . Atmos is for home theaters or compatible soundbars. The regular 4k stick supports Dolby vision already though
Oct 19, 2018
138 posts
142 upvotes
This or a Chromecast with Google TV for IPTV / Plex?

TCL 5 series 2020 with Roku OS. Roku sucks.

I'm into the google ecosystem. Nest thermostat, doorbell, android phones, several nest minis, nest hubs etc..
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16226 posts
21184 upvotes
Toronto
@Coolisyu already posted this deal

[Amazon.ca] [Black Friday] Fire TV Stick 4K Max $50

irfan1729 wrote: I would pay $15 more than the 4K one to get better performance and Wifi 6 for future proof.

https://www.amazon.ca/fire-tv-stick-4k- ... 169&sr=8-1

Our most powerful streaming stick - 40% more powerful than Fire TV Stick 4K, with faster app starts and more fluid navigation.
Support for next-gen Wi-Fi 6 - Enjoy smoother 4K streaming across multiple Wi-Fi 6 devices.
Cinematic experience - Watch in vibrant 4K Ultra HD with support for Dolby Vision, HDR, HDR10+ and immersive Dolby Atmos audio.
Endless entertainment - Stream more than 500,000 movies and TV episodes. Watch favourites from Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, CTV, and more, plus listen to millions of songs. Subscription fees may apply.
Live and free TV - Watch live TV, news, and sports with subscriptions to Bell Fibe TV, Sportsnet, CBC Gem, Red Bull TV, and others. Stream for free with ad-supported apps like YouTube, CBC Gem, ICI TOU.TV, and Tubi.
Alexa Voice Remote - Search and launch content with your voice. Get to favourite apps quickly with preset buttons. Control power and volume with one remote.
Do more with your smart home - View the front door camera without stopping your show using Live View Picture-in-Picture. Ask Alexa to check the weather or dim the lights.
Game on - Fluid gameplay and fast-rendering graphics with a 750Mhz GPU.
Destiny is all
Sep 11, 2020
351 posts
721 upvotes
A quick research before posting would be much appreciated
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13449 posts
13214 upvotes
Oil Country
superkule wrote: Cpu is much faster and more memory but most importantly user interface/experience is much faster when scrolling and opening apps!
100MHhz faster and only 0.5GB more of memory. Adding WIFI 6 support and Dolby Atmos support are the big bonuses. Probably not worth upgrading to for most people, but if you don't have one it's worth paying $15 more than the regular 4K version.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Fire_TV#Models
Last edited by fudge_u on Nov 19th, 2021 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
4672 posts
4044 upvotes
Calgary
In for one to replace my 2 year old 4K stick. Will be getting it delivered on Saturday.

Hopefully kodi runs and loads widgets faster.
teksavvy sucks
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
4672 posts
4044 upvotes
Calgary
Got one for the extra speed boost.

I've been loving the 4K firestick over the last 2 years, but I just need more POWAH! Not willing to spend $100+ on the Cube
Last edited by umadbrah on Nov 19th, 2021 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
teksavvy sucks
Nov 1, 2016
573 posts
532 upvotes
umadbrah wrote: In for one to replace my 2 year old 4K stick. Will be getting it delivered on Saturday.

Hopefully kodi runs and loads widgets faster.
Definitely this is better than the 4K one. For $15 more, it's worth it. This has been recently introduced as well compared to the 4K one.
May 3, 2017
195 posts
101 upvotes
x8ssJoe wrote: Thanks, don't forget to use TD rewards points to activate coupon for extra 40% off (YMMV).
Which offer? The best I got was $5 off $50 purchase, and even then I needed a filler item.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)