Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Fire TV Stick Lite with Alexa Voice Remote Lite (no TV controls) | HD streaming device | 2020 release $34.99

Jun 24, 2005
620 posts
90 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Any word on when the new GUI update will be coming? I have the 4k stick and still do not have it.
Jul 21, 2019
43 posts
34 upvotes
I was done buying Amazon devices after they started forcing subscription on Alexa and made them useless without it. Their cheap trash is usually not worth it. No thank you!
Nov 7, 2003
991 posts
324 upvotes
rngun wrote: Any word on when the new GUI update will be coming? I have the 4k stick and still do not have it.
Same question... can't wait to see what the update looks like, also to find out if they upgrade the version of FireOS that the 4K stick is running.

I really like these FireSticks.... no more cheap android boxes with no support.... in my case the FireStick works way better.

Happy Wednesday peeps!
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Jun 24, 2005
620 posts
90 upvotes
Richmond Hill
325i wrote: Same question... can't wait to see what the update looks like, also to find out if they upgrade the version of FireOS that the 4K stick is running.

I really like these FireSticks.... no more cheap android boxes with no support.... in my case the FireStick works way better.

Happy Wednesday peeps!
The only thing I don't like so far is RSS Player version for Android TV can't be installed (need Google Play Services which I tried installing to no avail). The RSS Player for other devices doesn't work too well as pause/play doesn't work without an airmouse, and hitting the back key loses the highlighted cursor placement. You may have to go out of the app and go back in to browse for other feeds.
Oct 6, 2020
188 posts
302 upvotes
How will this perform compared to the 4K

I got the 4K firestick last year because I heard it was less laggy than the normal firestick, and so far its been great.

Want to pick another for my other TV, but really dont care for or need 4K...just dont want lag.

Is this good for that?
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1427 posts
989 upvotes
Calgary
teedomo88 wrote: How will this perform compared to the 4K

I got the 4K firestick last year because I heard it was less laggy than the normal firestick, and so far its been great.

Want to pick another for my other TV, but really dont care for or need 4K...just dont want lag.

Is this good for that?
It works fine. performance is the same as the 4k