Dec 27, 2011
2417 posts
2076 upvotes
Vancouver
I just want a Sub2000 so bad.
Aug 5, 2007
311 posts
276 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: Nice that they have this available. I just ordered one from Dante. I know Ruger sells two other versions, but they were both out of stock. Did anyone know if I could buy the collapsible stock separately and install it on this version?
FYI
Quebec has a registry for non-restricted long guns, all retailers are required to keep your transaction on a list. Could be used to build a new federal registry.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23060 posts
28559 upvotes
fromage wrote: FYI
Quebec has a registry for non-restricted long guns, all retailers are required to keep your transaction on a list. Could be used to build a new federal registry.
Québec does not like information sharing with the Feds. They may make an exception for guns however.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3703 posts
1815 upvotes
Vancouver
fromage wrote: FYI
Doesn't Cabela's do the same thing?
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1525 posts
1308 upvotes
Hmm, been in the market for a 9mm carbine. Only wish it took glock mags. What are peoples thoughts? The price is right.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18608 posts
5435 upvotes
Scarberia
are these on the ban list now?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23060 posts
28559 upvotes
@thedealhunter2000, great work with the gun threads lately. Even after all this time, I still consider myself a novice in this area.

Not your fault, but what constitutes Canadian deal pricing is classically garbage. If I were in the market though, I'd probably pay it.
Sep 29, 2014
287 posts
351 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
kahos wrote: If they're on the "list" they can't be used, sold or transported as they are now prohibited. I've got a new paperweight I'm seeing if I'll get compensated for.
If they're not, it's business as usual (for now). Today's legislation left some "alternatives" on the market in the semi-auto realm. They might (and likely) get added in the future.
Apparently grandfathering will be an option, but there's no details on it at this time. I'd personally go that route since I doubt the government will give anything near the actually value. Especially to those people with high end platforms in the $10,000 range.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23060 posts
28559 upvotes
bnfenix wrote: Apparently grandfathering will be an option, but there's no details on it at this time. I'd personally go that route since I doubt the government will give anything near the actually value. Especially to those people with high end platforms in the $10,000 range.
I've met those people, red blooded Canadians. I've told them to consider having their best equipment in the land of the free, they're generally too prideful to consider anything but Canada. Good men.

OP Gun Review:
May 27, 2019
63 posts
155 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: Doesn't Cabela's do the same thing?
Yes. Cabela's "company policy" is to keep a registry for non-restricted firearms for reasons that nobody knows.

Avoid them for non-restricted firearms as much as possible.
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1186 upvotes
Excellent write up . Never give up your property .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
6006 posts
2213 upvotes
Mort Réal
I dunno that it's that great of a hot deal, but I hear this is a nice riffle.
I can't afford to buy cheap stuff. Therefore, I'm thirsty for deals on durable goods.
Penalty Box
Jan 4, 2011
5650 posts
3415 upvotes
West Vancouver
Avoid tenda.

Shit dealer with shady practices and ships after 10 business days.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
6006 posts
2213 upvotes
Mort Réal
Bishop8 wrote: It would actually be funny using that 25rd mag in the 455.
Aside from the fact the mag would be pretty big, it would have a spring in it preventing you from actually loading 25-rds as per Canadian law.
I can't afford to buy cheap stuff. Therefore, I'm thirsty for deals on durable goods.
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1186 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: Could this be considered a “military “ style firearm? :p
You mean an "assault rifle" Neutral Face
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2010
1534 posts
491 upvotes
Surrey
kahos wrote: If they're on the "list" they can't be used, sold or transported as they are now prohibited. I've got a new paperweight I'm seeing if I'll get compensated for.
If they're not, it's business as usual (for now). Today's legislation left some "alternatives" on the market in the semi-auto realm. They might (and likely) get added in the future.
What "alternatives" do you recommend? I was looking into purchasing an ar15 about a month ago. TIA

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)