• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 10:42 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
1009 posts
771 upvotes
CoreShackJack wrote: This megathread is super lame. I'm frustrated that, collectively, we are so worried about offending others that good deals on legal items are being pushed into hiding here. If you don't like guns or don't want to own them, don't engage in the thread...simple.
It's not bad when you subscribe to the thread

2008 Wins - Vtech 6042 Phone System
2009 Wins - Samsung ST550 Camera - Scotch Tape Prize Pack - Wonder+ 155cm Snowboard
2010 Wins - Nestea for a year X 8 - Tassimo Brewer - Chicken Delight Patio Party
2013 Wins - Kobo Mini
Mar 28, 2019
86 posts
239 upvotes
pimpbob wrote: It's not bad when you subscribe to the thread
Not great either. Wouldn't hurt to clean up the thread or have a sub section for firearm related items.
[external advertising not allowed]
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
25029 posts
4239 upvotes
hooshang wrote: are there any good areas for shooting on crown land in ontario?
Tons. There's an awful lot of crown land in this province and most of it is great for shooting. In fact, I was on crown land today riding my 4 wheeler and shooting grouse.
Dec 17, 2006
332 posts
116 upvotes
JC69 wrote: Wonder if that Ruger deal is on anywhere else.
Cabelas has the Charcoil version for $299.
Jun 9, 2012
450 posts
284 upvotes
Vancouver
max011 wrote: We, collectively, are probably not worried at all. Moderators are, cuz it takes them a lot of effort to deal with melting snowflakes in every single thread otherwise. So here we are.

And, collectively, it is a society problem. And will be more and more if the trend of giving in to soy-people continues..
TBH I'm fine with the arrangement. There aren't many firearm options cause of the slow FRT process + high cost per firearm + modular options (especially when the AR is n/a now). Finding a legal place to discharge those firearms is also highly problematic and a nuisance to deal with.

All these barriers make firearm related deals IMO a low priority. Most also don't have PALs so they can't even purchase firearms if they wanted to.
Dec 20, 2007
944 posts
302 upvotes
djamm wrote: Cabelas has the Charcoil version for $299.
Plus shipping, plus a mandatory case, plus a mandatory lock ..... Unless you pick up in store, it's much, more

Edit.. Free shipping on Cabelas with code "hunt" so the difference in price is the mandatory case and lock
Last edited by HiEveryone on Oct 25th, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 19, 2013
77 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
I am not sure if all of you would be interested but we could move the deals to reddit. I have several computer related reddit subs for deals and such and we can set up a few moderators.
Aug 29, 2010
126 posts
107 upvotes
TooMiiiKaHh wrote: I am not sure if all of you would be interested but we could move the deals to reddit. I have several computer related reddit subs for deals and such and we can set up a few moderators.
r/firearmdealscanada already exists, but isn't super well known yet.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4577 posts
6227 upvotes
Vancouver
Reddit is a _horrible_ site...

Not everyone wants to put up with it's stupid interface, unsearchable "categories" and topics without menus, luck of groupings...

Same reason many people, say, won't touch Kodi if they, in a way, didn't grow up with it... Too much of an unnecessary learning curve for n00bs...
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2814 posts
1158 upvotes
Kingston
This is my one stop shop for wallet pain.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
25029 posts
4239 upvotes
JC69 wrote: This is my one stop shop for wallet pain.
Me too, particularly hunting and fishing items over the last 6 months. Once Covid hit, the only thing to really do is hunt and fish. 2 new reels, 2 new rods, lots of tackle, 3 new guns and 2 new bows. Thankfully RFD has taught me to be cheap and wait for deals.
Dec 20, 2007
944 posts
302 upvotes
JC69 wrote: This is my one stop shop for wallet pain.
Agreed... This is page is for deals... If it's legal, there shouldn't be an issue here. Period..
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2814 posts
1158 upvotes
Kingston
My Ruger American Ranch is a blast to shoot. Zeroed in 3 shots and shoots raggedy holes at 50 yards with the cheapest .223 you can find (Prvi Partisan 55 grain). It was windy today so a bit more spread out at 100 but still really good for a cheap gun.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Hizzutch