• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2022 11:41 pm
Mar 28, 2019
107 posts
291 upvotes
At this price point its tempting for a 9mm carbine. I figure flak on these are coming from someone comparing these to firearms x2-3 the price point or possible shoddy QA so could be a gamble.

Only thing that I'm not liking is the chintzy looking synthetic stock and the proprietary mags. If I were in the market that might make me opt for the M1-9 carbine instead for an extra $200ish.
[external advertising not allowed]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1525 posts
1308 upvotes
pfbmgd wrote: You mean an "assault rifle" Neutral Face
And I think you mean “assault style rifle” because we do not have assault rifles in Canada.
May 19, 2003
458 posts
293 upvotes
WHO wrote: Aside from the fact the mag would be pretty big, it would have a spring in it preventing you from actually loading 25-rds as per Canadian law.
There is no such law. It’s a rim fire magazine used only for rifles. You are misinformed and spreading false information. That magazine is legal and may be used in its full capacity, and it wouldn’t matter if it held 100 rounds.
Last edited by skyway on May 2nd, 2020 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2091 posts
2106 upvotes
Any recommendations for a noob with regards to guns to start off with for target shooting? As well as good sources to purchase in Canada?

Already have a 10/22 Ruger and was interested in a handgun (9mm or 22) as well as a shotgun
Jul 3, 2002
293 posts
93 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: Nice that they have this available. I just ordered one from Dante. I know Ruger sells two other versions, but they were both out of stock. Did anyone know if I could buy the collapsible stock separately and install it on this version?
I don’t think that you can swap the frame to the collapsible stock version. If you must have that version, wait for it to come back in stock. I have one and is sweet.
May 19, 2003
458 posts
293 upvotes
Coz4k wrote: Avoid tenda.

Shit dealer with shady practices and ships after 10 business days.
By the sound of it, 10 days if you’re really lucky.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
6011 posts
2215 upvotes
Mort Réal
jackrabbit000 wrote: x2. Avoid Tenda.
No pistol made that uses this mag so you are allowed 25rds. Spring in it to prevent you from preventing... Get your facts straight before you post stuff you don't know anything about.
skyway wrote: There is no such law. It’s a rim fire magazine used only for rifles. You are misinformed and spreading false information. That magazine is legal and may be used in its full capacity, and it wouldn’t matter if it held 100 rounds.
Thank you for you very kind and polite replies :rolleyes:

I actually didn't know about this loophole. All my rifles have like 3-rd mags and I've always thought it was 5 rd max for rifles, which is more than enough.

My handguns are all restricted at 10-rds even if they have 18 or 19-rd mags... again as per the law.

So, now that I think about it, for rimfire it makes sense that they failed to regulate as the danger for mass shooting is almost inexistant anyway, but I just never knew about this and I don't really see the need for 25-rd mags. But, hey have fun with it :)
I can't afford to buy cheap stuff. Therefore, I'm thirsty for deals on durable goods.
May 19, 2003
458 posts
293 upvotes
aviator_13 wrote: Any recommendations for a noob with regards to guns to start off with for target shooting? As well as good sources to purchase in Canada?

Already have a 10/22 Ruger and was interested in a handgun (9mm or 22) as well as a shotgun
Honest recommendation? Go to site with more open minded people. There’s some nice folks on here that may help you, but there are other places that will welcome you with open arms.
May 19, 2003
458 posts
293 upvotes
WHO wrote: Thank you for you very kind and polite replies :rolleyes:

I actually didn't know about this loophole.
It’s not a loophole, it’s the law.
May 19, 2003
458 posts
293 upvotes
TheKnee wrote: At this price point its tempting for a 9mm carbine. I figure flak on these are coming from someone comparing these to firearms x2-3 the price point or possible shoddy QA so could be a gamble.

Only thing that I'm not liking is the chintzy looking synthetic stock and the proprietary mags. If I were in the market that might make me opt for the M1-9 carbine instead for an extra $200ish.
These are known to be ugly as sin, but very reliable despite the low price.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2036 posts
4127 upvotes
Vancouver
bnfenix wrote: Apparently grandfathering will be an option, but there's no details on it at this time. I'd personally go that route since I doubt the government will give anything near the actually value. Especially to those people with high end platforms in the $10,000 range.
Can you even do anything with it even when it's grandfathered though?

I have a Not restricted AR10, that's now prohib.

If it's grandfathered can I still use it in the bush?
Mar 28, 2019
107 posts
291 upvotes
danascully wrote: Can you even do anything with it even when it's grandfathered though?

I have a Not restricted AR10, that's now prohib.

If it's grandfathered can I still use it in the bush?
Nope. :(

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearms/ ... nd-devices

Newly prohibited firearms and devices cannot be legally used for hunting unless allowed through the amnesty.**
**Exceptions are included under the Amnesty Order to allow for the continued use of the newly-prohibited firearms and/or devices (if previously non-restricted) by individuals who hunt or trap to sustain themselves or their families, and by Indigenous persons exercising Aboriginal or treaty rights to hunt. At the end of the amnesty period, all firearm owners must comply with the new law.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23102 posts
28612 upvotes
TheKnee wrote: Nope. :(

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearms/ ... nd-devices

Newly prohibited firearms and devices cannot be legally used for hunting unless allowed through the amnesty.**
**Exceptions are included under the Amnesty Order to allow for the continued use of the newly-prohibited firearms and/or devices (if previously non-restricted) by individuals who hunt or trap to sustain themselves or their families, and by Indigenous persons exercising Aboriginal or treaty rights to hunt. At the end of the amnesty period, all firearm owners must comply with the new law.
Gut punch.
Mar 28, 2019
107 posts
291 upvotes
skyway wrote: By the sound of it, 10 days if you’re really lucky.
Never dealt with them before lockdown but except the delayed shipping I didn't have any issues with them (2 weeks for order to ship out). They were nice enough to bundle a second order to avoid shipping charges after I contacted them.

Just don't be be in a rush if you place an order with them.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2127 posts
2234 upvotes
CanuckRxCheap wrote: The phrase was with regards to observing what I assume to rifles in their cases (or whatever they call those carrying bags). I paraphrased my query with my lack of understanding with regards to this issue. You have an opportunity to offer insight and knowledge but you’re already getting defensive using that one phrase as rebuttal. I’ve no skin in this game since I am neither pro or against legal ownership of guns.
My apologies if my post came across as harsh, I was merely pointing out this is a Restricted firearm hence you can't just bring it anywhere that "lugging around" implied.

Ya... carrying case/bags are very normal, it's a way to protect the investment just like golfers put their clubs in golf bags. when you carry multiple firearms to your destination you want to make sure they don't get scratched or bumping eachother during the ride.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2420 posts
2078 upvotes
Vancouver
battlezone wrote: E64FF7D7-076A-4A9A-9090-6C1AA204E946.png343D3480-7EEE-4682-9731-FB736D01AD1F.pngA1A6DB2E-4B7D-46EB-8408-E269FD3BDE77.png
French dude didn't answer, other 2 are obscene prices. I have a post on CGN as well, I will find one eventually.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37043 posts
23016 upvotes
Center of Universe
It's sad times when the only semi-auto rifle deals we can talk about, are .22 plinkers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)