• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2022 10:36 pm
Nov 11, 2006
938 posts
1175 upvotes
@home
Bartred wrote: https://northprosports.com/index.php?ro ... t_id=15588

Little better @ $720 if you’re lookin’
Anyone know if these "reliability" issues have a fix or have been fixed?
A lot of reviews say they have feeding and just overall reliability issues.

I want one, and for $720 doesn't seem too bad. I already have a Hi-Point in 9mm.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2011
1263 posts
1116 upvotes
SURREY
BDSL wrote: I have shot those Norinco's as well....and tried some of the cheaper pistols. Horrible trigger. Horrible sight. FTE/Stovepipe every few rounds.
I have not tried Tokarev and probably will not bother. There are just too many crappy firearms. That seems to be the trend with cheaper firearms.
Exact same experience last time I was at a range. Friend, who is far more firearm experienced than myself, brought his 'new' Tokarev along. We could not get through a full magazine without a stovepipe. I still haven't gotten a restricted firearm yet and I was thinking something cheap like this Tokarev but it'll be a police surplus Beretta 92 after trying a bunch of cheap Soviet bloc guns.
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
2861 posts
2109 upvotes
Southern Ontario
DjRags604 wrote: Exact same experience last time I was at a range. Friend, who is far more firearm experienced than myself, brought his 'new' Tokarev along. We could not get through a full magazine without a stovepipe. I still haven't gotten a restricted firearm yet and I was thinking something cheap like this Tokarev but it'll be a police surplus Beretta 92 after trying a bunch of cheap Soviet bloc guns.
My Tokarev I bought, I stripped/cleaned/Lubed it up big time, it shot reliably. The trigger was terrible, spongy and the sights were awful, bad ergonomics was an understatement. Old sights and ergonomics will bother some people.

I had a LE trade-in Beretta 92FS which shot 100% reliably and was accurate (lots of cosmetic wear but not many rounds through). The 3 dot sights wore off and were barely visible, I got out the nail polish... 92FS parts are easy to come by from Brownell's, etc. I really don't know if these are on the market anymore.

Ended up getting rid of it but it was a good gun. I wouldn't buy the early Beretta 92S that have the heel release as you'll have an issue finding Magazines and the sights aren't as good as the newer models. I hear the newest 92's are pretty awesome but you need to open your wallet.

You really gamble on Surplus firearms but there can be some good deals or equally, some busts.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2011
1263 posts
1116 upvotes
SURREY
Gibsons wrote: My Tokarev I bought, I stripped/cleaned/Lubed it up big time, it shot reliably. The trigger was terrible, spongy and the sights were awful, bad ergonomics was an understatement. Old sights and ergonomics will bother some people.

I had a LE trade-in Beretta 92FS which shot 100% reliably and was accurate (lots of cosmetic wear but not many rounds through). The 3 dot sights wore off and were barely visible, I got out the nail polish... 92FS parts are easy to come by from Brownell's, etc. I really don't know if these are on the market anymore.

Ended up getting rid of it but it was a good gun. I wouldn't buy the early Beretta 92S that have the heel release as you'll have an issue finding Magazines and the sights aren't as good as the newer models. I hear the newest 92's are pretty awesome but you need to open your wallet.

You really gamble on Surplus firearms but there can be some good deals or equally, some busts.

Can't say I've seen 92FS surplus. I will definitely be on the lookout as I've always wanted a 92FS over the old model but could only find new marked close to $1k.
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
2861 posts
2109 upvotes
Southern Ontario
DjRags604 wrote: Can't say I've seen 92FS surplus. I will definitely be on the lookout as I've always wanted a 92FS over the old model but could only find new marked close to $1k.
$650 for Used 92FS, shooter quality.
$899 for Brand New 92FS

https://leverarms.com/shop/guns/handgun ... ly-r10670/

https://www.firearmsoutletcanada.com/be ... f300-.html

Prices go up and firearms hold their value. 50% off isn't realistic with Firearms.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2370 posts
1545 upvotes
North Vancouver
Another option for a used (like new) Beretta 92FS DA/SA $795: https://www.reliablegun.com/en/used-ber ... e-new-cond
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1930 posts
1728 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks, TRS-25 OOS, Impulse still in stock
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2008
2178 posts
5055 upvotes
I'm looking for a set of 45 degree offset iron sights. It's for a $250 22LR plinker, so it doesn't make sense to spend $250 on a set of Magpul.

What would you guys recommend?

Thanks
May 14, 2013
252 posts
548 upvotes
devil2k wrote: I'm looking for a set of 45 degree offset iron sights. It's for a $250 22LR plinker, so it doesn't make sense to spend $250 on a set of Magpul.

What would you guys recommend?

Thanks
I put these on my son’s GSG16 when I gave it to him for his 18th birthday…they do the job for $33

Feyachi 45 Degree Offset Iron Sights Flip Up BUIS Rapid Transition Backup Front and Rear Iron Sight Set Picatinny Weaver Rails https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07XZ493YX/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1089 posts
1125 upvotes
Quebec
Eckz wrote: Anyone know if these "reliability" issues have a fix or have been fixed?
A lot of reviews say they have feeding and just overall reliability issues.

I want one, and for $720 doesn't seem too bad. I already have a Hi-Point in 9mm.
Not sure if it applies to the NSR model but on the regular M1-9 the bolt seems to have been slightly modified a few years ago to remove the hold-open feature and that helped with the feed issues.
This is why older reviews are generaly negative and newer ones are better.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2009
1237 posts
4977 upvotes
Van Isle
**Deal Alert**

Al Flaherty's and Tenda both have the GSG 16 at $449 + 5% tax and free shipping. Fun little plinker that has a few cool mods available.

https://alflahertys.com/gsg-gsg-16-rimf ... g15-black/

Flaherty's has always been a solid retailer for me whereas Tenda can be hit and miss.

**They are $449 not $499 like my first post....apologies**
Militant Atheist....There's no goddamn god goddamn it
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2008
2178 posts
5055 upvotes
Bartred wrote: I put these on my son’s GSG16 when I gave it to him for his 18th birthday…they do the job for $33

Feyachi 45 Degree Offset Iron Sights Flip Up BUIS Rapid Transition Backup Front and Rear Iron Sight Set Picatinny Weaver Rails https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07XZ493YX/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
Thanks. There are reviews saying that there are lots of movement though. Does yours hold zero?
May 14, 2013
252 posts
548 upvotes
devil2k wrote: Thanks. There are reviews saying that there are lots of movement though. Does yours hold zero?
My son has never complained about that and it was solid when I mounted it. Regardless, it’s Amazon…If you happen to get a bad set it’s easy to return.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

aviator_13