• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2021 11:42 pm
[OP]
Apr 26, 2010
323 posts
1436 upvotes
BC

Firearm/Hunting/Shooting sports Hot Deals Section

The current "mega thread" makes it very difficult to find deals, and keep them separated and organized.

Would love to see Firearms/Hunting/Shooting Sports have it's own hot deals section, separate from the regular Hot Deals section to protect others from having to see a firearm deal.

Any chance we could get this done mods?
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5011 posts
3552 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I agree. Sometimes we may miss deals if too many posts gets in the way. There will always be cases where we have to comment on a specific deal like if there's a cheaper option elsewhere or critique on three value. Having it's own section where we can post deals in a thread makes it easier to organize and sort through. It'll also be separated out so those who dislike firearms won't have to see it.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4489 posts
1168 upvotes
I have to agree with OP . We are dealing with legal items/sports just like any other sub forums . We have many firearms enthusiasts here on RFD .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2213 posts
1346 upvotes
North Vancouver
gw105 wrote: The current "mega thread" makes it very difficult to find deals, and keep them separated and organized.

Would love to see Firearms/Hunting/Shooting Sports have it's own hot deals section, separate from the regular Hot Deals section to protect others from having to see a firearm deal.

Any chance we could get this done mods?
Agreed! I strongly support this.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35212 posts
21183 upvotes
Center of Universe
+1, but it's an uphill battle to keep the thread on topic, as the snowflakes would derail it and the mods just end up locking it.
Aug 26, 2019
210 posts
308 upvotes
Per the RCMP: "...as of December 31, 2018, there were 2,183,827 licensed individuals across Canada". That number has grown over the last 3 years.

Using 2018 figures, that means 5.89% of the Canadian population has a firearm license and are interested in finding deals on their sport.

How do we NOT have our own thread on this already? Quit discriminating, mods, and get on this!
Mar 10, 2011
331 posts
245 upvotes
Niagara
I'd really like to see this. It can be tedious trying to scroll through the megathread.
See sumtin'. Say sumtin'. ('less someone else already did)
Nov 11, 2006
635 posts
641 upvotes
@ home
Yes please.

I mean, you could get members only to verify with PAL or something.
Nov 9, 2014
79 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto, ON
That's silly. There's a whole whack of firearms related things you can buy without needing a PAL. Basically anything except for the receiver/pistol frame and ammunition
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9185 posts
4488 upvotes
Markham
Could we first check how many unique viewers in that mega thread?
Aug 2, 2018
50 posts
42 upvotes
smartie wrote: Could we first check how many unique viewers in that mega thread?
Would that work? A lot of users on mobile potentially haven't even seen the mega thread since it doesn't show up in the apps main list. At least not in my app list.
Aug 27, 2004
676 posts
147 upvotes
Cyberspace
I would love to have a sub forum.
While there are other forums on the internet for this topic, none are as good as RFD.
Former Know-It-All
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9185 posts
4488 upvotes
Markham
Spud10909 wrote: Would that work? A lot of users on mobile potentially haven't even seen the mega thread since it doesn't show up in the apps main list. At least not in my app list.
I don't know

I'd assume RFD knows. For example, how many users are mobile only?

What I meant is we need make data driven decision. If monthly active user number is 200, then i am not sure whether we need a separate forum. But if it's 50k, then it might be justified

Another thing is do we need make RFD for everything? Like if you really like watch collection, you more likely visit some dedicated website than RFD
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4743 posts
6792 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm all-in!
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Nov 16, 2019
92 posts
30 upvotes
damojo wrote: That's silly. There's a whole whack of firearms related things you can buy without needing a PAL. Basically anything except for the receiver/pistol frame and ammunition
...lump it into a general outdoor forum or something? Though I remember MECcers weren't happy about hunting at some point. Dang, this is a thorny issue.
Nov 9, 2014
79 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dmitrym879060355 wrote: ...lump it into a general outdoor forum or something? Though I remember MECcers weren't happy about hunting at some point. Dang, this is a thorny issue.
Just make a hunting/firearms/outdoors category on hot deals, and the snowflakes who don't want to see it can simply filter it out
[OP]
Apr 26, 2010
323 posts
1436 upvotes
BC
Eckz wrote: Yes please.

I mean, you could get members only to verify with PAL or something.
Perhaps just some kind of disclaimer?