• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2020 8:25 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
417 upvotes
Some of the best dogs I’ve owned I bought off the side of the highway from minonites for $50, most times the seller had it narrowed down to a mix of five breeds!! Lol
But really always healthy and good pups, this time I got a golden retriever from a farm nearby that had both parents on farm and both were purebred Goldens so I paid more ($800) but he’s my first golden and he just turned one! Great family dog! Here’s a pic of him when I got him and one from his bday July 1st.
Images
  • B5EADEC7-3965-4168-A6BD-E218DE9D79C2.jpeg
  • 98BFE99E-D40C-4201-96D1-28662F15DF4F.jpeg
No One Goes to Palmerston Ontario
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
417 upvotes
CardinalComb wrote: Get what you want op. Don’t let anyone shame you for not getting a shelter dog.
I agree, and that’s no knock at anyone, you can go either way but you do you! Cheers and good luck!
No One Goes to Palmerston Ontario
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
13760 posts
3728 upvotes
Montréal
jackrabbit000 wrote: Best dog we’ve ever had was a malamute. Next a golden retriever. Now we have a rabbit.
That's quirky/cute...how did that happen lol?
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3660 posts
1474 upvotes
Mississauga
I am also looking to get a dog / puppy. First thing I have checked is the petfinder. What do you know, nothing there for first time pet owners. They all need experience owners to deal with the pet issues be it behavior or health. Whats a new guy to do....... pay more to get a puppy from a breeder that will be in good standing, gives you health warranty etc.
Again, dont let anyone talk you into getting what you do not really want.