Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Goodfood Canada] First meal kit box free ($87 value)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 7:48 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1885 posts
451 upvotes
Toronto
sound that there is no way to replica the spice... cause so receipt is pretty easy to make, but without that key ingredient, it just doesn't taste the same.
Aug 28, 2019
40 posts
110 upvotes
Winnipeg
Not quite as good as a free first box, but they've been handing out this F2F45 code through the mail for $45 off.
Images
  • IMG_20200526_223129.jpg
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do" -Oscar Gamble (1949-2018)
May 28, 2020
1 posts
I just subscribed to Good Food for a trial. Canceling isn't as easy as other meal subscription kits — you have to call, chat, or email their representatives vs. pushing a button like Chef's Plate.
Apr 21, 2016
10 posts
2 upvotes
Has anyone found a good site that does an ingredient breakdown (by weight) of what's in the smoothies?
Jun 20, 2009
657 posts
151 upvotes
GTA
Maplesugar25 wrote: I use CookIt meal subscription (better food, larger portions, cheaper price) and we get an email the day after cutoff and have 2 days to cancel. We used to be able to modify during these 2 days but I guess due to the COVID situation they have stopped that. I have tried 4 or 5 different meal services (including Good Food) and this is the best so far.
Is there a trial promo for cookit like goodfood?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2003
1069 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
Maplesugar25 wrote: We really liked Hello Fresh too. This is the order of preference:

CookIt
Hello Fresh
Miss Fresh
Good Food
Chef’s Plate
We thought Good Food was not great. Average ingredient freshness, and so many of their recipes are LIME based. They must have stock in LIMEs. We find Chef's Plate miles better over Good Food.
Apr 8, 2019
32 posts
73 upvotes
Does anyone know if their coupons get voided if you apply them and then cancel the sign-up process mid-way?
Mar 4, 2008
538 posts
93 upvotes
BC
Thanks! Just used the $90 off coupon and ordered 4 meals of 2 servings!
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2007
1017 posts
131 upvotes
Kingston, Ontario
I want to try Good Food but I am so turned off by them asking for all my personal information and credit card before the point of even picking out the meals. For some reason I just find this makes my skin crawl. Then of course I have to cancel after, even though I don't care if I pay full price the first time. I get they have to keep people buying their food but I do find it disturbing.
May 4, 2018
65 posts
33 upvotes
BC, Canada
1gooddean wrote: Does anyone know if their coupons get voided if you apply them and then cancel the sign-up process mid-way?
Nope, dont think so. I cancelled mid way twice (close my browser to do something else), and still worked when i reentered the code. I guess the coupon is only really gone once someone actually redeems it.